Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dilemma

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 16, 2017
My Myth wizard started at lvl 1. I'll raise her to 50 when it goes on sale. In the pet pavilion I went to the hut that sells the dragons, bought one, trained it up to adult and hatched it with a Mythadactyl. Got a good result. I now have a Myth dragon with 3 critical talents. Now here's my question. I always look for a school pet that has a blade. All the Myth school pets in the kiosk that have blades also have two other cards. Not a big deal, but in two hatchings between my dragon and bladed Myth pets, there has yet to be any manifestation of cards - blade or otherwise. Should I continue to rehatch this dragon until cards show up (I'm not leaning in this direction) or search for a beginning Myth pet and start over?

Rylee Mythweaver lvl 11

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Cards are not talents that sometimes manifest, they are a trait that every pet of a certain type will always give; some cards require that the pet be trained up to a certain level before they will show. For example, every Flaminco del Muerto gives a Dream Shield card, 1 at baby, a second one when it is ancient, and a third when it is mega.

I suggest you look up your specific pet at the wizard central Wiki. Many pet cards do not manifest until the pet is trained to a certain level, adult, ancient, epic, mega whatever. Wizard central has all the information you are looking for.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
colocrys on Jan 20, 2019 wrote:
My Myth wizard started at lvl 1. I'll raise her to 50 when it goes on sale. In the pet pavilion I went to the hut that sells the dragons, bought one, trained it up to adult and hatched it with a Mythadactyl. Got a good result. I now have a Myth dragon with 3 critical talents. Now here's my question. I always look for a school pet that has a blade. All the Myth school pets in the kiosk that have blades also have two other cards. Not a big deal, but in two hatchings between my dragon and bladed Myth pets, there has yet to be any manifestation of cards - blade or otherwise. Should I continue to rehatch this dragon until cards show up (I'm not leaning in this direction) or search for a beginning Myth pet and start over?

Rylee Mythweaver lvl 11
It sounds like the cards you're looking at are the cards that come with the body type, not talents that manifest. If you get the same body type as the one you're hatching with you will be guaranteed the cards and they become available as well as talents manifesting.

EG

Stray Piggle gets zero cards; Kookaburra gets 3 (lifeblade at baby, leafstorm at adult, regenerate at epic). If I hatch my stray piggle with a kookaburra and get another stray piggle back I might get some talents from the kookaburra but I won't get the cards. If I get the kookaburra back though it will start with the lifeblade and open up the other cards as I train it...leafstorm at adult, regenerate at epic.

I hope this helps!

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I get the part about talents and cards being different. I did not know, however, that body type would affect the outcome. That's what the problem is here. I hatched a dragon with a mythadactyl. I think at this point, since my dragon has 4 critical talents and I'm only at lvl 17, I can cruise with him for a while.

Now a question: I will look in wiki but I'm wondering. If I find a pet with blades can you put it in the kiosk if it's not there? Maybe my other wizards have a pet I can start with. I've hatched this dragon twice with two different dactyls and I still get a dragon. I will do some homework. Sounds like though, this project could be held off for another day.

Thank you Chico and Victoria
Rylee Mythweaver

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
colocrys on Jan 23, 2019 wrote:
I get the part about talents and cards being different. I did not know, however, that body type would affect the outcome. That's what the problem is here. I hatched a dragon with a mythadactyl. I think at this point, since my dragon has 4 critical talents and I'm only at lvl 17, I can cruise with him for a while.

Now a question: I will look in wiki but I'm wondering. If I find a pet with blades can you put it in the kiosk if it's not there? Maybe my other wizards have a pet I can start with. I've hatched this dragon twice with two different dactyls and I still get a dragon. I will do some homework. Sounds like though, this project could be held off for another day.

Thank you Chico and Victoria
Rylee Mythweaver
'If I find a pet with blades can you put it in the kiosk if it's not there?'

Of course I'll help you however I can I'm happy to share any of my pets via the kiosk or through meeting up if it can't be offered there.

Even if there are similar ones in the kiosk it's worth letting us know on here what you want to achieve so you can hatch with the same pet each time and know if it vanishes from the kiosk you only need to remind me to put it back in for you Also, you won't need to worry about the stats going down because mine are max stat...and I know the full pool of over 99% of my pets so you'll be able to avoid nasty surprises because you'll know exactly what you're getting

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
My search through wiki showed me some beasties that would be perfect. The Myth one is not available anymore from what I understand but there's another one that carries a blade (a straight up blade, not the crossed spear looking one). After that, what would I hatch with the eye to get the results I want?

Rylee Mythweaver lvl 17

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
colocrys on Jan 23, 2019 wrote:
My search through wiki showed me some beasties that would be perfect. The Myth one is not available anymore from what I understand but there's another one that carries a blade (a straight up blade, not the crossed spear looking one). After that, what would I hatch with the eye to get the results I want?

Rylee Mythweaver lvl 17
I'm sorry but I'm not sure which pet you're talking about or what talents you want. It would also help if we knew what pets you're choosing between that you own already...include stats and talents too. Could you clarify these for me so I can help you decide how to go about it please?

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Have you looked in the kiosk? I'm pretty sure that there are pets that are no longer available for purchase, but they still can be hatched.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I was looking at the list of Beasts - same one Combustible is looking at. He (she) wanted the blaze beast and I was looking at the Strange Beast. I'm Myth so I can't use Blaze. Critical is my high priority then whatever is thrown in. Right now my dragon has the 4 standard crits. 2 Crits and 2 school crits. I'm doing well with these. As far as what to hatch with the beast I'm kinda at a loss. Among my wizards I have a menagerie so tell me where you think I would have the best luck. I know I'm thinking of this backwards. Can I use this dragon to hatch with the beast?

Thanks for checking for me,
Rylee Mythweaver lvl 20

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Yes I've looked in the Kiosk. There are only 5 or 6 Myth pets with blades and that's my focus first - stackable blades. If you read the thread from the beginning you'll see that it was Victoria who suggested that I look in wiki because, having already hatched from the kiosk, I had specific questions. Since she has already researched the Beast pets for someone else my query won't be too far off base. Plus, had you read the entry from last night closely, you would know that I asked her a reverse question; what kind of pet should I bring to hatch with the all-seeing eye. If simply looking in the kiosk would solve my question this thread wouldn't be here. But thanks for asking.

Rylee Mythweaver lvl 20

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
colocrys on Jan 25, 2019 wrote:
Yes I've looked in the Kiosk. There are only 5 or 6 Myth pets with blades and that's my focus first - stackable blades. If you read the thread from the beginning you'll see that it was Victoria who suggested that I look in wiki because, having already hatched from the kiosk, I had specific questions. Since she has already researched the Beast pets for someone else my query won't be too far off base. Plus, had you read the entry from last night closely, you would know that I asked her a reverse question; what kind of pet should I bring to hatch with the all-seeing eye. If simply looking in the kiosk would solve my question this thread wouldn't be here. But thanks for asking.

Rylee Mythweaver lvl 20
Honestly, I think you're worrying too much about the body type of the pet you're using. I recommend using whatever pet you have that has the highest stat bars (without including boosts from selfish talents). The best way to start out with pets is to work on maxing the stats then getting a nice pool.

It is much harder to keep the pool while raising stats, than it is to keep the stats while changing the pool

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Wow. 6 days of "worrying" and we're totally away from my original request. I'm not worried about body type - dog, cat, dragon, I want BLADES. I was told that if I used a different body type than the pet used for hatching the blades would not manifest. Makes sense. So I asked what kind of pet I should bring to the kiosk in order to hatch with any of the 4 or 5 Myth pets that have blades in order for the blades to manifest. I have yet to get an answer. I realize it's a kind of backwards question but I don't want to use all my gold just hatching pets at random. The all-seeing eye doesn't exactly hint at a body type.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
colocrys on Jan 28, 2019 wrote:
Wow. 6 days of "worrying" and we're totally away from my original request. I'm not worried about body type - dog, cat, dragon, I want BLADES. I was told that if I used a different body type than the pet used for hatching the blades would not manifest. Makes sense. So I asked what kind of pet I should bring to the kiosk in order to hatch with any of the 4 or 5 Myth pets that have blades in order for the blades to manifest. I have yet to get an answer. I realize it's a kind of backwards question but I don't want to use all my gold just hatching pets at random. The all-seeing eye doesn't exactly hint at a body type.
Whoa, calm down lol

Chico and I have both answered your question and explained that it doesn't matter what you use, it's about what you GET!

The cards are not talents, they come with the body type. They do not manifest, they unlock. Different cards unlock at different stages of training. No amount of training a dragon will make mythdactyl cards unlock; conversely there is no possible way to train a mythdactyl without the cards unlocking.

If you want the mythdactyl cards you NEED to get a mythdactyl; if you want the wandering eye cards you NEED to get a wandering eye.

I'm sorry you feel we got off topic and were not answering your question but I genuinely thought we were on topic and answering quite clearly. I hope this helps because I really don't know any more ways to try to explain it.

Good luck

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I may have misdirected myself. In the past I have successfully hatched a winged creature with a winged creature and come out with what I wanted. So what I'm understanding now is that my outcome wasn't clever strategy it was luck. Ok. The small cache of Myth pets with blades confounded me. I have no idea where to get a wandering eye to hatch. Can I buy one somewhere?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Wandering Eye Pets are can also be found in the Hatchmaking Koisk.

Its on the final page of school pets.

Since it's a school only quest pet; it's not available for sale anywhere.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Thank you Edward. This is an ongoing discussion. Wandering Eye was just the pet I chose at random for discussions sake. My understanding is that in order for the blade card to manifest after training I have to hatch Eye with Eye. Since there's no place for me to get an Eye to bring to the kiosk the result of all seven days of this thread is that I will not be able to get blade cards from my pet.

My apologies Edward, but this is my frustration. I know which page of the kiosk book the Wandering Eye shows up on. And you have answered the question I have been asking. There is no where else to get a certain pet to bring to the kiosk to hatch with the Eye on the final page.

Let's just close this thread. I've finally gotten an answer and I'm done.