Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Derby bugs and glitches.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I have experienced many oddities during ranked derby races since I started this morning.

First of all, I witnessed the same clockwork pet somehow jump to the finish line right after the first lap. I actually saw him disappear from right next to me, and then saw his icon at the finish line.

Another time, I went into a race and there were 2 other contestants. It took a little longer than usual for the actual race to begin and the other 2 contestants left, or glitched out, I do not know. Either way, they were no longer in the race and I was left to race alone. The race was very unstable with my pet moving from lane to lane on its own, jumping barriers on its own, not jumping when I prompted, getting stuck in a loop at points, etc. My pet was actually using boosts and debuffs that it doesn't even have, such as lane lock. Then when I finished the 2nd lap, the award screen showed my pet and character's name twice as 1st and 2nd place. (Of course my stats only show the second place win).

Finally during another race that was going smoothly, although I was not in the lead. I experience some kind of graphical glitch when my pet ran under the track for approximately 4 or 5 seconds and I could actually see parts of the Oasis in KT! Then my pet somehow ended up back on the track and finished the race normally.

I am not sure if these issues are just caused by the large volume of players currently doing the ranked derby races or if these glitches are going to be something that happens on a regular basis regardless of player volume.

Some of them are effecting my gameplay as you can see. If I am going to invest time in training my pets so that they can race/help in battle, etc., I don't want to see a lot of glitches and bugs that keep me from using the new pet features to their full advantage.

Hero
May 27, 2009
I just had those things happen to me too! Weird! Never happened in Test.

Administrator
Turns out, young Wizards, this is just a bug and not a cheat or hack. We're hoping to address this bug very quickly.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jul 18, 2009
Many of these same said bugs were addressed and well documented in the Test Server yet the game still released live. I don't know why anyone would release numerous bugs in this derby when they could of been fixed first then released live.

Lane changing problems, severe lag in derby, cheer problems, warping, etc.

ALL these were submitted in test...

I have no idea why there was some sort of rush to push out a buggy product.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I've been noticing some Derby lag today, where I didn't earlier. I'll press the arrow key to change lanes, and a full second later it will actually do it lol. I've also noticed some lag in terms of me putting a debuff on the person behind me only to discover that they weren't really behind me. The lag is only a second or so, but it makes a big difference in the close races.

Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
lisiedawn wrote:
I've been noticing some Derby lag today, where I didn't earlier. I'll press the arrow key to change lanes, and a full second later it will actually do it lol. I've also noticed some lag in terms of me putting a debuff on the person behind me only to discover that they weren't really behind me. The lag is only a second or so, but it makes a big difference in the close races.
i've actually noticed some major lag. For instance my flasg on the mini map said i was in first but i could see the other pets in front of me. When i saw my pet approaching an obstacle and i pressed space it hit the obstacle because in reality my pets was much further than where it showed. and when i finished i it said i had won by over 17 seconds but i saw me just bearley beating the other pets by abut 2 seconds despite not being able to tell where my pet actaully was, and knowing when the appropriate time was to dodge or use a buff/debuff. Sorry if that didnt seem to make sense, my problem was kind of hard to explain. Oh and this happens to me always, i havent raced in a regular game since the pet pavilion first came out.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
Um Greyrose I agree with you on the previous posts but I ran into something that was CLEARLY a hack in a 2 way race today(2 person)I was about 30 seconds ahead of someone but then the dream ghoul somehow jumps ahead RIGHT to the finish line and afterwards I checked my stats and instead of gaining 5 points for second place I lost 20 points! As if I had finished in 5th(Which doesn't exist by the way)