Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crazy pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2011
Everywhere I go, I see wizards with crazy looking pets. Like a sparkling eagle and snow serpents and stuff like that. Every time I go to stores looking for those kind of pets, there not there. I figured that these kind of pets are the ones that you get with crowns, or after you fight a certian boss, but I'm looking for a phoenix, and I can't find them anywhere. And it's really not fair, because I see tons of wizards that have phoenixes, but everytime I ask where they got them, they just ignore me and flash out.
Can you please help me?

-Tavia Jadespear

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
The phoenix is obtained from the lvl 58 fire pet quest.

The sparkling eagle you are talking about is a hybrid from kraken and phoenix.

Many wizards get a bunch of neat pets by hatching or getting it as a drop from a certain boss.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
That sparkling eagle is a phoenix. The phoenix pets are for level 58+ pyromancers that have finished the quest "Nordrilund Exporsure". If you aren't a fire wizard then you can't get a phoenix, but you may be able to get a phoenix hybrid like a shadow phoenix pet from hatching a phoenix with a scarecrow or a hatching a phoenix with a kraken to get a thunderbird. Those pets cant be bought and most of those you see are from a boss drop in another realm.

Fire only: Phoenix

Storm only: Kraken

Ice only: Ice wyvern

Life only: Forest lord

Death only: Scarecrow

Myth only: Humongofrog

Balance only: Judgement

To get the pet in your class you must be level 58+ and have finished that quest I mentioned earlier.

Aaron Drakewalker Level 60
Pyromancer

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
jademagic188 wrote:
Everywhere I go, I see wizards with crazy looking pets. Like a sparkling eagle and snow serpents and stuff like that. Every time I go to stores looking for those kind of pets, there not there. I figured that these kind of pets are the ones that you get with crowns, or after you fight a certian boss, but I'm looking for a phoenix, and I can't find them anywhere. And it's really not fair, because I see tons of wizards that have phoenixes, but everytime I ask where they got them, they just ignore me and flash out.
Can you please help me?

-Tavia Jadespear
Phoenixes are fire only level 58 only.Its from a quest from your teacher.And what are you talking about sparkling eagle?Some pets you seen may be hybrids though.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
The Phoenix is the L58 fire pet. You can try asking someone who is a legendary pyromancer for a hatch, but it's going to cost you at least 40K gold and then there's no guarantee that you will get what you want.