Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Confused about pet results

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 15, 2009
Hi everyone!

I finally got my Orthrus pet I was really happy and went to hatch it right away.

23 hour later, I got another Orthrus.

Then I got more gold and rehatched. I got another...

And another...

And another...

And another...

And another...

I finally hatched my Orthrus with a Wraith and saw that it gave a Windstorm card. I thought that the mix was a Grimtooth and that it gave the Orthrus card, but it wasn't an Orthrus so I didn't mind.

21 hours or so later, it hatched into a grove unicorn.

What?!?!

Orthrus and Wraith make a unicorn?!

I want to know how that works out.

Maybe you have a chance of getting the pet that the last person hatched with before you? I don't know! Does anyone else?!?!

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
When you hatch you have a chance of getting either parent animal. Some say it is a 50/50 chance, I am not sure that is true. (I read somewhere that if you hatch with certain rare pets you have 0 chance of getting them, again I am not sure that is true).

And sometimes you may get a hybrid pet. Only certain combinations give this possibility.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
GamingDan wrote:
(I read somewhere that if you hatch with certain rare pets you have 0 chance of getting them, again I am not sure that is true).

That is correct. There are some promo pets that you can never get from hatching, but lead to hybrids themselves.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
kingurz wrote:
GamingDan wrote:
(I read somewhere that if you hatch with certain rare pets you have 0 chance of getting them, again I am not sure that is true).

That is correct. There are some promo pets that you can never get from hatching, but lead to hybrids themselves.

correct there are some pets that can never be hatched like a shardtail dragon

but i am wondering what happens if ya hatch 2 no get in hatch pets together

a new post is coming to the dorms to solve what i call a pet hatching parodox
and with the help of everyone we can solve the question to the pet parodox