Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Confused about hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 25, 2010
I wanted to know if there is any official pet hatching guide, like a list of what i will get. I am currently using a guide off of wizard101 central, but it seems to be failing me

I just got my helephant (level 48 fire pet) and i have had a couple expiriences with hatching.

What Happened ................................................ What should have happened

Helephant + Ice collosus = helephant....................................Ice oni
Helephant + Hydra = helephant............................................. Plauge oni
Helephant + Stormzilla = helephant.................................Malestrom Oni
Helephant + Ghost hound = ghost hound............................ helephant

I am happy with my ghost hound, but where did that come from. i want to get hybrids, but instead i just have an army of helephants :(
Help

Champion
May 03, 2011
There is no guarantee you will get a hybrid from hatching two different Level 48 school pets. You can get one, but it's a random, not regular, occurrence. Many people have had your experience, and ended up with the same pet repeatedly. I think (not sure on this) that level 58 school pets are guaranteed to give hybrids, however.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2010