Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

cloud o bugs, etc

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 06, 2010
I am just wondering about the newly found talents, cloud o bugs and may cast balanceblade. I have heard that you can get them randomly by hatching, but with what pets? Also, (and this question is directed at KI), are there any other similar awesome new talents like other may cast attack spells?

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
Snowborn is gained on starfish. May cast blizzard. (Or was it blizzard card? not sure now ...)
A judge can get may cast balanceblade. Hydra is a maybe.
I've seen cloud o bugs around but i don't remember what pet either.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
Ok to answer your second question first, as it is easier. There are other many casts. The only other may cast that is an attack is "Snow n' Tell" which is a may cast snow serpent. There are may cast blades, shields and traps for each school. There is also a may cast sprite know as spritely. You can find a list of them on Wizard101Central, just search for "may cast talents".

As for the first part, that's a little more complicated...and as a side note, those two talents aren't really new, they are actually rather old, just extremely rare! So Cloud o' Bugs (here within named COB), was an accidentally released talent that was never supposed to make it out of the test realm. However, it did. And Although KI tried to eliminate COB completely, they couldn't. There is a more thorough back story but it gets complicated and can be found on Central if you search hard enough.
Mast cast balanceblade, as far as I know, was a replacement talent for the Jade Oni pet when it was still manifesting myth talents. The only way to obtain either of these two talents is to hatch with someone who is lucky enough to have them and hope it manifests in your offspring.

I hope that helps and good luck with you "pet-capades"! :)

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
TheTrueRonan31173 wrote:
Snowborn is gained on starfish. May cast blizzard. (Or was it blizzard card? not sure now ...)
A judge can get may cast balanceblade. Hydra is a maybe.
I've seen cloud o bugs around but i don't remember what pet either.

ok the snowborn talent just gives the card blizzard
the same talent got learned by my cute Pet Egg

and there are many may cast talents on wizard101 wikia so thats a good place to check for may cast talents ya want and what pet they can come from

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
dragontamer1016 wrote:
Ok to answer your second question first, as it is easier. There are other many casts. The only other may cast that is an attack is "Snow n' Tell" which is a may cast snow serpent. There are may cast blades, shields and traps for each school. There is also a may cast sprite know as spritely. You can find a list of them on Wizard101Central, just search for "may cast talents".

As for the first part, that's a little more complicated...and as a side note, those two talents aren't really new, they are actually rather old, just extremely rare! So Cloud o' Bugs (here within named COB), was an accidentally released talent that was never supposed to make it out of the test realm. However, it did. And Although KI tried to eliminate COB completely, they couldn't. There is a more thorough back story but it gets complicated and can be found on Central if you search hard enough.
Mast cast balanceblade, as far as I know, was a replacement talent for the Jade Oni pet when it was still manifesting myth talents. The only way to obtain either of these two talents is to hatch with someone who is lucky enough to have them and hope it manifests in your offspring.

I hope that helps and good luck with you "pet-capades"! :)

Thank you for clearing this up! And i knew about the blades, shields, and traps, but these new may cast attack spells and all are really amazing! :D