Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can the old defender pigs resist transfer?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 26, 2009
Can the old defender pigs resist transfer?
I have an old defender pig with the 6% resist but i hate pigs and would love to get the resist on any other pet lol. My question is if i hatch it with another pet is it possible to get the resist from the pig on another pet like my hydra?

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
Any active trait that an adult pet has a chance of transferring. Just remember before you hatch that you have an equal likelihood of getting another pig as you do another hydra.

It's actually one of the better examples of how to use the hatching process. I've used it successfully to get a life minotaur with the defense against balance trait, along with a clockwork golem with a chance of casting a life ward.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2010
i have done just exactly what your asking is possible. like justinTriguing said though their is a chance that it will learn it, and only a chance you will get a hydra. i used my defender pig and a tempest pet. my tempest picked up both resist to all and resist to fire from my defender pig so i came out extremely lucky in that regard.

Best of luck breeding in the talent you want.

Survivor
May 12, 2010
JustinTriguing wrote:

I have an old defender pig with the 6% resist but i hate pigs and would love to get the resist on any other pet lol.

hey pigs are my favorite animals!!