Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buy powerful pets with crowns

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
68
We should be able to buy pets and pick and chose their talents because the hatchery is useless because no one even hatches there.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
393
I do agree with this but I think the pets need to start at baby, and when you buy the talents, you can't just directly buy any talent. Instead you can pay for a better chance of getting the talent you want it to have by spending more crowns to get a higher chance.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2011
1
I agree, no one really hatches there, and people who do hatch never want to hatch with you unless they have pets u u want, or they dont want the pet u have up for offer.

Defender
May 17, 2014
168
What? I don't think you realize how OP this would be. Plus, go to any crowded realm and you'll se tons of people in the hatchery.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1124
Nobody ever goes there any more because it's too crowded!

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
154
TucsonWizard on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
Nobody ever goes there any more because it's too crowded!
lol, that must be it.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
68
Nicole ShadowSong on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
What? I don't think you realize how OP this would be. Plus, go to any crowded realm and you'll se tons of people in the hatchery.
Well people like me want powerful pets too but nobody will hatch and this will make those people who never hatch with anyone suffer!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2230
zachshock on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
Well people like me want powerful pets too but nobody will hatch and this will make those people who never hatch with anyone suffer!
Im in a social media group, where we have over 2,000 members. People ask frequently for hatches, and get them. Perhaps this would be a good idea for you, find a social media group that matches your style, or needs, and plan hatches there :)

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
92
zachshock on Apr 17, 2016 wrote:
We should be able to buy pets and pick and chose their talents because the hatchery is useless because no one even hatches there.
dude I disagree for so many reason

1 that will push this game into even more pay to play so more players will say they don't like that idea and leave the game that why many players have already left

2 it makes pets become to over power because now all you have to do is spend crowns to get all the best powers so now you have 100% may cast witch ruins pvp because of course all player are going make a may cast crazy healing pet so they wont die in pvp and makes other battles annoying because if they have that pet on during a battle with a boss and it keeps casting something that getting everyone killed players will rage quit

3 also its unfair to the player who did spend hours and hours upon hours leveling pets and making them what they are to just put it into crown shop for anybody too grab that means there work was for nothing and they will get upset posting hate comments and stuff all over the message bored not only that but lots of player will be angry if it wouldn't get removed and rage quit and move onto other games.

this is not a good idea and there lots of players to hatch with and if you hatch with to or more pets with good power you increases the chance of getting a good pet next time you don't always have to hatch with other's its a choice not a need.

Explorer
May 25, 2011
54
It's supposed to take skill to get your "dream pet" not money.

Delver
Mar 13, 2010
299
No. Just no. Absolutely not. That is completely pay to win, and totally inappropriate to a game targeted at all ages, including children.

The best should always be available by spending time in game; it's fine if you can buy very good, but not the best.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
68
PaigeGoldenspear on Apr 20, 2016 wrote:
No. Just no. Absolutely not. That is completely pay to win, and totally inappropriate to a game targeted at all ages, including children.

The best should always be available by spending time in game; it's fine if you can buy very good, but not the best.
Well people won't ever hatch with me so I'm desperate to get a powerful pet and yes I'm willing to use my own money!

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
68
shadier9 on Apr 20, 2016 wrote:
It's supposed to take skill to get your "dream pet" not money.
There's no skill at it's luck if anyone hatches with you at all.

Also I'm surprised " powerful " pets exist because everyone refuses to hatch.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
zachshock on Apr 23, 2016 wrote:
There's no skill at it's luck if anyone hatches with you at all.

Also I'm surprised " powerful " pets exist because everyone refuses to hatch.
Powerful pets exist mostly through self-hatching. Look up the talents you want, find out what pets have them and where they drop. Farm for them and hatch different pets together to get the talents you want on the pets you want. There's skill involved in fighting the correct bosses to get the right pets. There's hard work and patience involved in getting all the talents you want into one pet. You will never get a "perfect" pet by hatching with someone else. You might get a decent starter pet, but to get a really good pet you need to do it yourself. It's the only way you can keep track of the talents in your pet's pedigree.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
743
Try asking for hatching on Wizard101Central.com There are many helpful people there, and groups who will hatch with anyone.

Pet hatching can be frustrating, but also fun and rewarding. Please don't give up. Making things about money is NOT the way to go.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
26
Pet training is nothing but a frustrating grindfest. I wish there was something more to make it less heinous other than mega snacks. And yeah, it is quite difficult to get a pet with a decent talent pool if you don't have others to hatch with. People generally do not want to hatch with randoms in the hatchery unless you happen to have some super amazing pet that someone wants, which I certainly do not. I have pets that have good enough talents (for me), like double resist, heals, and damage, but they aren't on pets that others would find desireable (sea dragons and polar foxes), so I have never found a hatch in the hatchery. I got what I have on my own mostly. I did do a hatch with someone from central a while back to get the fairy talent into my pool, but that's it, and I hate having to go over there asking for help because pet hatching is such a tedious process and there is no gauarentee you'll get what you're after on the first try and I don't want to bother others with my pet issues.

So yeah, if there was some way to have a better chance at manifesting talents you want that would help a lot.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
92
EchoGecko456 on Apr 25, 2016 wrote:
Pet training is nothing but a frustrating grindfest. I wish there was something more to make it less heinous other than mega snacks. And yeah, it is quite difficult to get a pet with a decent talent pool if you don't have others to hatch with. People generally do not want to hatch with randoms in the hatchery unless you happen to have some super amazing pet that someone wants, which I certainly do not. I have pets that have good enough talents (for me), like double resist, heals, and damage, but they aren't on pets that others would find desireable (sea dragons and polar foxes), so I have never found a hatch in the hatchery. I got what I have on my own mostly. I did do a hatch with someone from central a while back to get the fairy talent into my pool, but that's it, and I hate having to go over there asking for help because pet hatching is such a tedious process and there is no gauarentee you'll get what you're after on the first try and I don't want to bother others with my pet issues.

So yeah, if there was some way to have a better chance at manifesting talents you want that would help a lot.
well they have jewels that help gain pet xp now a days I got one that gives me 2 per battle

ok so it basically be a pet reset

it cost 5000 crowns now ill explain

step one you hit reset it will ask if your sure about this you hit yes or no

step two if you hit yes you now select all the pet talents you have already trained on that pet so say you select may cast vary you also have the choice to chose none witch means you wont keep any pet talents that you have train on that pet

step 3 hit ready every talents that you didn't hit to keep will be change and replace with a random new chance at a better talent but the talents you selected would stay the same talent also it is reverted back to a baby

little more info about this 1 you can only rest it 2 times after that reset is block on that pet only so then you have to go hatch or get a new pet to try also you have to level your pet back up don't worry long as you selected the talents that you wanted to keep they are not gone there just lock again and you have to train the pet again to unlock it but you only have a chance of unlocking it you may not even unlock the same talents you may unlock better or worst talents

this is fair for all players and that way you don't have to hatch to get better pet but you do have to do the same amount of work as everybody else

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
King Leo 46 on Apr 26, 2016 wrote:
well they have jewels that help gain pet xp now a days I got one that gives me 2 per battle

ok so it basically be a pet reset

it cost 5000 crowns now ill explain

step one you hit reset it will ask if your sure about this you hit yes or no

step two if you hit yes you now select all the pet talents you have already trained on that pet so say you select may cast vary you also have the choice to chose none witch means you wont keep any pet talents that you have train on that pet

step 3 hit ready every talents that you didn't hit to keep will be change and replace with a random new chance at a better talent but the talents you selected would stay the same talent also it is reverted back to a baby

little more info about this 1 you can only rest it 2 times after that reset is block on that pet only so then you have to go hatch or get a new pet to try also you have to level your pet back up don't worry long as you selected the talents that you wanted to keep they are not gone there just lock again and you have to train the pet again to unlock it but you only have a chance of unlocking it you may not even unlock the same talents you may unlock better or worst talents

this is fair for all players and that way you don't have to hatch to get better pet but you do have to do the same amount of work as everybody else
Replace with WHAT random talents? It seems kinda pointless if it's just any random talent. Certain talents only come from certain pets. It doesn't seem fair to just randomly give possible talents to any old pet. I personally would never do this and I don't think many players would. It's paying for random chances of getting more selfish talents for example. We work hard to hatch bad talents out of the pool. Seems like this idea would just make it completely random and ruin any chance of that.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
92
seethe42 on Apr 26, 2016 wrote:
Replace with WHAT random talents? It seems kinda pointless if it's just any random talent. Certain talents only come from certain pets. It doesn't seem fair to just randomly give possible talents to any old pet. I personally would never do this and I don't think many players would. It's paying for random chances of getting more selfish talents for example. We work hard to hatch bad talents out of the pool. Seems like this idea would just make it completely random and ruin any chance of that.
frist off you could of just said you didn't like it and explain about it no need to be rude

1 you pay the crowns

2 you select what you wanna keep that means if you have may cast fairy or what ever the talent name you select so it still in the DNA pool

3 you hit ready it then remove every talent you didn't select and replace it with a random one but here the catch it will have a better chance of being replace with a good talent even if it a hatch talent you have a chance of getting because you pay ed crowns and sent you can do this 2 times more you have a good chance at getting a good talent for that pet also after you done a 3 times then you wont be able to do it again on the pet you had picked to do this on I may not have been clear about this but now it should be a little more clear

4 it will be reset to baby so the talent you selected become lock but there still able to be train just like any of the others but the talents you have selected will have a glow green color to them so that you know you have selected these before talents just in case you decide to rest the pet again just as if you hatch a pet and its turn back into a baby then you have to train it depending how you train it will depend on what you unlock just like with any other hatch pet or pet you get from a battle or buy

I hope this help explain a little better about the random you will see its not just junk ability your getting I not going say that it couldn't happen.

and plz next time you comment think about how it may sound to others because I found when you responded it was vary rude I don't think you mint to come across that way.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
36
I personally disagree with this idea, but that's just my opinion. It completely undermines the current hatching system, the pet's pool abilities, and their pedigree. This would mean a shift that many players, I feel, would not be happy with. Pets are an investment that takes time. If you just buy the talents you want, then what's the point of even having a hatchery built in this game? If you need hatches, just request them on this forum. I strongly urge that this should NEVER be built as a function in Wizard101®.

The hatchery is very useful to many players, and MILLIONS of people use it. I literally mean that millions of people use it. I don't mean to come across as arrogant or rude, but I feel it would be terrible to make the hatchery worthless. Pet talents are based off human genetics, which most people don't realize. In life, we don't pick the color of hair or eyes we want, it's based off the human traits that are already in the DNA. It's over time, by the process of Natural Selection, that new traits are introduced into the offspring by a different set of DNA. It takes multiple generations to receive the desirable traits we want by Selective Breeding. It also must be remembered that, as a wise philosopher once said, "One man's trash is another man's treasure". Something that you might find to be a talent that you want might not be enticing to another person. I just don't find this idea to be very sensible or logical. It diminishes a factor of this game that makes it unique among other games. PLEASE do not implement this as a feature in the game. I love the functionality that this Wizard101® and Pirate101® brings to me. It would be very disheartening to have to see people spend money on a feature that ultimately destroys the originality of pets.

I am just voicing my personal opinion and concern if this feature were integrated in the game. Thanks for taking the time to take my post into consideration!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1124
ElijahWaterVault on Apr 28, 2016 wrote:
I personally disagree with this idea, but that's just my opinion. It completely undermines the current hatching system, the pet's pool abilities, and their pedigree. This would mean a shift that many players, I feel, would not be happy with. Pets are an investment that takes time. If you just buy the talents you want, then what's the point of even having a hatchery built in this game? If you need hatches, just request them on this forum. I strongly urge that this should NEVER be built as a function in Wizard101®.

The hatchery is very useful to many players, and MILLIONS of people use it. I literally mean that millions of people use it. I don't mean to come across as arrogant or rude, but I feel it would be terrible to make the hatchery worthless. Pet talents are based off human genetics, which most people don't realize. In life, we don't pick the color of hair or eyes we want, it's based off the human traits that are already in the DNA. It's over time, by the process of Natural Selection, that new traits are introduced into the offspring by a different set of DNA. It takes multiple generations to receive the desirable traits we want by Selective Breeding. It also must be remembered that, as a wise philosopher once said, "One man's trash is another man's treasure". Something that you might find to be a talent that you want might not be enticing to another person. I just don't find this idea to be very sensible or logical. It diminishes a factor of this game that makes it unique among other games. PLEASE do not implement this as a feature in the game. I love the functionality that this Wizard101® and Pirate101® brings to me. It would be very disheartening to have to see people spend money on a feature that ultimately destroys the originality of pets.

I am just voicing my personal opinion and concern if this feature were integrated in the game. Thanks for taking the time to take my post into consideration!
Right on the money!
Some who play this game, myself included, view pet hatching as a game within a game. Hatching is a science and the system allows for great diversity if you're willing to expend the effort. Unfortunately the key word there is "effort"... a concept which is completely alien to some of the folks who "play" this game. But my point is it's possible to have any pet in the game with all of the talents you want it to have. If you want a Stray Piggle with may-cast heals you can have it... if you put in the time, effort and research... over and over again. Yes, it's tedious. But anything worth having is worth working for.