Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Breeding rates

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 21, 2012
I've been trying for a solid month to get an Enchanted Armament pet for my ice wiz. I'll breed my (triple maycast heal ) mammoth with an Enchanted Armament in the the kiosk, but every single time, I just get another mammoth. I've trashed at least a dozen mammoths that came out of this process, and I can't help but assume I'm doing something wrong. Its not a hybrid, so I shouldn't need a specific parent, right? Is the chance of offspring carrying over the appearance of a specific parent really 50/50?

Survivor
Aug 22, 2013
Pets never mimic looks nor card abilities, they only receive higher chances for better buffs for the wizard from hatching. If you want a certain PET and not BUFF, you literally need to GET THAT PET. In your case, the secret boss in mount olympus; The gladiator is what you're looking for. He will drop it eventually.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
PureLionBlood on Jul 23, 2019 wrote:
Pets never mimic looks nor card abilities, they only receive higher chances for better buffs for the wizard from hatching. If you want a certain PET and not BUFF, you literally need to GET THAT PET. In your case, the secret boss in mount olympus; The gladiator is what you're looking for. He will drop it eventually.
This is not accurate. I've got hundreds of pets from hatching with others for the appearance!

When we hatch there is about 50/50 chance as to which appearance you get - yours or theirs. Each hatch also gives the baby a mix of stats and talents from both parents.

abbxy0099, you've been unlucky not to get the enchanted armament yet but you're doing it right. If the enchanted armament has better stats and talents than your mammoth I recommend taking the baby up to adult and using that to hatch again. That way you're gradually improving stats and pool while waiting to get the right body type.

Sorry you've been unlucky so far, but you're doing it right. You will get it if you keep trying.

Good luck!