Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Borealis Golem Pet

AuthorMessage
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Um...about the Borealis Golem Pet. I know first generation school pets are not the greatest, but this pet is, well, awful. I was pretty excited this morning as I waited for the egg to hatch. Who knows, I thought? Upon hatching, I checked slots, and lo and behold, there were a few rare and epic possibilities. Whoohoo! Off to train. Sharp shot and crafty. Err, what? Okay, let's hatch it with one of my rather amazing other ice pets. Second Borealis Golem had even more epic slots, and even an ultra-rare.

Training brought spritely, pain bringer, and crafty. At which point, I gave up, and went fishing.

Are we being punished for something? Did we offend Professor Greyrose? Is this a response to the myriad of posts about how "overpowered" ice is? We didn't need another tower shield, or another ice absorb, and we certainly did not need a pet that enjoys selfish talents. We need a blade or two, more resist, more damage. My first generation Colossus manifested better talents than the Borealis Golem, which is saying something.

Odds are, I will keep trying to hatch, and hopefully, one day in the future, I will suddenly be rewarded with a Borealis Golem that actually manifests talents I can use. Until then, they will remain in my attic, doing the Jersey Shore fist pump, and reading the housing magic tome.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I was also excited about the pet. I did get good talents that manifested (Ice Dealer, mc Ice Trap). However, I am disappointed in the cards the pet provides. So, does everyone else gets a blade and Ice doesn't? The Hybrids give Ice blades, but not the main original pet we get? Ice Armor, Tower Shield and Steal Ward? These are not actually useful, as Armor and Steal Ward are not used. Tower is useful but Ice already trains it, so it's a mute point.

I love the pets. I do, but I was so let down by the cards on the Ice pet.

I'll get my Raincore pet and hatch it with my Golem. The hybrid gives an Ice blade and will work much better.

KI, please listen: Please stop putting selfish talents on pets. It's bad enough with low-level ones, but high-level wizards DO NOT NEED THEM. It diminishes the value and other talent potential. Plus, it makes it hard to hatch those pesky selfish talents out.

Defender
May 30, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Apr 13, 2017 wrote:
I was also excited about the pet. I did get good talents that manifested (Ice Dealer, mc Ice Trap). However, I am disappointed in the cards the pet provides. So, does everyone else gets a blade and Ice doesn't? The Hybrids give Ice blades, but not the main original pet we get? Ice Armor, Tower Shield and Steal Ward? These are not actually useful, as Armor and Steal Ward are not used. Tower is useful but Ice already trains it, so it's a mute point.

I love the pets. I do, but I was so let down by the cards on the Ice pet.

I'll get my Raincore pet and hatch it with my Golem. The hybrid gives an Ice blade and will work much better.

KI, please listen: Please stop putting selfish talents on pets. It's bad enough with low-level ones, but high-level wizards DO NOT NEED THEM. It diminishes the value and other talent potential. Plus, it makes it hard to hatch those pesky selfish talents out.
Yes they need to stop putting selfish talents. My dryad got three of the selfish cause few people to hatch (since I was trying to get all the hybrids) with him and me put him in the house forever unless someone really want to hatch with him. Good thing he at least had health.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
First generation pets rarely get more than one or two good talents. It's always been that way. Usually it's best to train them just to adult, then hatch for improvement.

Defender
May 30, 2010
Gemma Luna on Apr 17, 2017 wrote:
First generation pets rarely get more than one or two good talents. It's always been that way. Usually it's best to train them just to adult, then hatch for improvement.
I have one school only pet that has no selfish and another pet that has only one. My 118 pet is still in the training but it is looking good. Plus some people do not like to hatch since most people do not want to hatch