Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best way to create a good pet for my myth?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 14, 2011
So I've been trying to get a good pet for my myth wizard recently, but I have no idea how to make a pet that really works. I know I want a myth pet, and with healing may casts so I don't have to constantly heal myself. If I have to start a chain of pet breeding, the pet I have to start off with is a death Nightmare horse, who gives the meteor strike card with a maycast death blade and unicorn. It's on my Death wiz right now, but I'm going to get it to my myth for making a good pet. And yes, I am getting mega pet snacks right now, so I don't need help there (but having one couch potato is really not the fastest way to get them). If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it a lot!

~ Heather GoldenGem, a level 72

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
marjoriechirp on Jul 10, 2019 wrote:
So I've been trying to get a good pet for my myth wizard recently, but I have no idea how to make a pet that really works. I know I want a myth pet, and with healing may casts so I don't have to constantly heal myself. If I have to start a chain of pet breeding, the pet I have to start off with is a death Nightmare horse, who gives the meteor strike card with a maycast death blade and unicorn. It's on my Death wiz right now, but I'm going to get it to my myth for making a good pet. And yes, I am getting mega pet snacks right now, so I don't need help there (but having one couch potato is really not the fastest way to get them). If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it a lot!

~ Heather GoldenGem, a level 72
Hatching is a process and making a completely new pet for a different wizard will take a good few hatches to change the pool over (eg get rid of the death talents and replace them with myth talents), so I wouldn't worry too much about your starting pet.

The quickest and easiest way to make it is to make a copy of something you like. The kiosk is a great place to find good pets to hatch with and I'm happy to put a nice myth pet in for you if that would be easier than searching through them all.

I recommend choosing something with max stats (255 strength; 250 intellect; 260 agility; 260 will; 250 power), that is at mega or ultra with 5 talents manifested that you like. The appearance of the pet and the cards it gives might also influence your choice if these are important to you

Once you've chosen the pet to copy don't change! Always hatch with the same one so you are making a copy and don't over complicate the process with switching between pets. The only pet that should change is yours. Hatch with the pet you're copying, take the new baby to adult, use it to hatch with the pet you're copying, take the new baby to adult...repeat!

Each hatch changes the stats and pool, getting gradually closer to being an exact copy. Don't worry about 'fail' talents while you're copying it, just trust the process and keep going. The death talents will be cleaned out and replaced with myth talents

Once you have a copy of the pet - body, stats and talent pool - then you can work on manifesting the talents you want. It's easiest to make either 1 or 2 safe hatches (you only need 1 if you know you have access to the copy pet, 2 is preferable especially if you don't know the owner of the copy pet).

Your safe pet/s are perfect copies with desired talents manifested at teen and adult (no need to take them further right now).

You can safely yolo any new babies because you have the safe pets to go back to. If you want to continue to play-it-safe you can take the new baby one stage further than the safe pets and if it gets 3 desired talents switch it with one of the safe pets, taking that one up to ancient too. You can keep switching between the 3 pets until you get to mega with all 5 desired talents (the other 2 pets will both be epic) and only replacing one of the 3 pets if it gets an undesired talent (you replace it by hatching the 2 good ones together).

I hope that's not too complicated and I've explained well enough for you to follow! If you have any questions feel free to ask and if I've not been clear enough let me know anything you're confused about.

I've looked at my myth pets and since you mentioned wanting healing I think you might like one of these:

ethereal knight - myth-dealer, pain-giver, proof, defy, fairy

enigmatic ghulture - myth-dealer, myth-giver, pain-giver, proof, fairy

They're both max stats. Let me know if you'd like me to put either of them into the kiosk for you or if you'd prefer different talents let me know and I'll have another look through my pets to find something suitable

Survivor
Jul 03, 2015
Yes! Myth pets with good stats are a bit harder to find but usually the pet's you get from school quests (Basilisk and Li'l Medusa) are very good!
I currently have an Epic Li'l Medusa (Unfortunately gained around level 98) with good stats.

Given Cards:

Mythblade [baby], Blinding Light [adult], Medusa (785 damage + stun 2 rounds)[epic]
Myth Striker (Crit. Ratings) 1 to +25 (+35 Max.) Myth Critical

Maycast Myth spear
Maycast Requilary
Myth dealer (damage)
Healthy+1% to +4% (5% Max.)l Incoming Heal
ETC...

I think at your level you should have or should be getting the basilisk? It also gives helpful stats!

Amber Myth ~ Level 114 Myth
Kymma GoldCloud ~ Level 45 Life