Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Death Pet for Grandmaster Necromancers

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2012
I am a level 57 Death Wizard and Can't decide what the absolute best Death pet for me is. I solo basically everything I do and have a 130 Critical Bonus for death, I am very Confused, please help me and have a great day

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The best pet is one that will help you. Everyone has a different opinion about which pet is best.

Things that you have to consider are the amount of gold you have and are willing to spend; also the amount of time you want to spend training makes a difference. Then you have to ask yourself, do you want help with defense? With healing? With damage? With your Critical chance? With something else? There are so many questions and so many pets to choose from!

Since you don't know where to start, I'll give you a link that will discuss the most popular pets that expert Death wizards use. It will narrow things down quite a bit.

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-pet-guides/best-death-pvp-pets/

Since you say you solo, I'd recommend the Red Ghost is a great pet to start with. It comes with up to three spells that do a little damage and then put up a 25% damage bubble for Death! The other great option is the Enchanted Armaments pet, which lets you easily stack blades so you can get the most out of your drains.

With the new pet hatching kiosk, you can get these two or most of the pets suggested in the link above by hatching with someone else's pet. That takes you to a different area where you'll need some guidance, pet hatching and training. Start here:

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-pet-guides/perfect-pvp-pets-part-1/

There's four parts to that guide, the next part will be linked at the bottom of each post.

Hope that helps you get started!

Alia Misthaven, 124
Fallon Raven, 89

Survivor
Jul 02, 2017
Hi there! One of my characters is an Exalted Necromancer (level 100+). The "best" pet is really subjective to your play style . Personally, I'm working on getting a damage pet with universal resist. After I'm able to hatch and train a pet to that, I'll want a critical pet. If you can't make up your mind on what you want, try creating pets with different talents! That way you can play around with each one to see which suits your play style. Hoped I helped!