Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Pet

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 23, 2016
I remember reading somewhere in the forum that at level 48 your teacher will give you a quest that gets you a school pet. So I made it to 48 and yet have not gotten any new quest or request to meet with either of the Balance teachers (Wizard City or Krock). As such am I confused?

Thanks,

Survivor
Feb 16, 2013
This might just be me, but it think that the quest comes at level 50 not level 48.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Andhanni on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
I remember reading somewhere in the forum that at level 48 your teacher will give you a quest that gets you a school pet. So I made it to 48 and yet have not gotten any new quest or request to meet with either of the Balance teachers (Wizard City or Krock). As such am I confused?

Thanks,
You get it with the spell Power Nova. If you've completed the level 48 spell quest then you should have the Hydra pet. If you haven't done or been given the quest, then maybe you haven't got access to the Crucible/Necropolis in Dragonspyre and couldn't get there. It's entirely possible that you have the quest 'Nova Express', 'Sickness and Health', 'Crystal Command', or 'Breaking Glass' in your spell book uncompleted. If you have Power Nova, but not the pet, then maybe your backpack and bank were both full so you couldn't receive the pet. If so, I'm fairly certain you can contact KI support and ask about it.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
If you skipped the level 38 quest for the Spectral Minion spell, you need to do that quest first.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2015
To get the first school pet you must complete Grizzleheim. For the rest complete Wintertusk.