Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are all pets supposed to give a card?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
I have a pet who is epic but did not give a card. Is this correct? I thought all pets give a card sometime during their growing up. If that is not the case I wasted lots of crowns for nothing!

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
It depends on the pet. A majority of them do not give cards. There is a list at wizard101central.com if you are interested.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Not all pets give cards, if you want to check a pet if it has a card at a shop, put your mouse over the pet and a card might show up. If a card shows up, that pet comes with that card. Hope this helps!

~Kelly
The Life Wizard

Explorer
Jul 14, 2009
Not all pets give cards but some give useful talents like spritely.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Not all pets give cards. Before purchasing, mouse over or click on the pet and it will show a card, and when it will be available.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I think all pets should, and am rather surprised that Wizard101 would have crown purchaseable pets without them. This is why I think non-carded pets should be able to choose a card for gold where the cards available to choose between are based upon a pet's rank or pedigree.

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
Several people mentioned during game play that their original non-card pet eventually was equiped with the healing spell to heal it's master. This is an awesome idea, but my non card pet which is past adult, has yet to get this ability. My firezilla pet (that I obtained thru a gift card redemption) that came with its firezilla card gained a fire elf spell during it's pet training, but has only gained the one spell, which oddly never fails during a battle, when the firezilla spell has fizzled a few times on us. How my friends noncard heck hound gained the healing sprite and mine hasnt bugs me to no end, and i agree that a crown purchase pet should indeed come with a card, why the heck wouldnt it, crowns aren't cheap and if you spend it on a pet that pet should have some ability. I have a lava spider at adult, came with no card, purchased with crowns and it hasnt gained a card during training. only pets i have with cards are the two i got from gift cards, disappointing. and i'm level 48 myth and have yet to get a dropped pet from a boss battle or any other fight, yet my life student on another account has gotten 2 dropped pets, while helping me fight bosses, very aggrivating there :(

Taryn and Rylee :)

Update - I realized my friend has a fierce hound not a heck hound, came with an epic bundle game stop card, which my life student has and forgot all about. Apparently there is a list of only about 20 pets that can gain the sprite spell. this hound that my life wizard is training also 'might' cast a death trap, and my new spirit of nature pet from crown shop (only decent pet you can buy that has a card and is on the list of possible to gain sprite casting) may also remove a positive shield from an enemy.

NOW - if we could only dye our pets whatever color we want. I hate the color of my spirit of nature pet :(

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
Dillon7265 wrote:
Not all pets give cards but some give useful talents like spritely.

I've been told by other players that their non card pets, mostly dropped pets i think, have during pet training gained the sprite healing ability for their master. However, I've been training some noncard pets, past adult and have not gotten this ability in any pet yet. How can you get this ability? what age level does your pet need to be? or is it only for certain types? my noncard heckhound that i purchased hasnt gotten it yet, but my friends did.

taryn, myth student lvl 48

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
destroya10 wrote:
I have a pet who is epic but did not give a card. Is this correct? I thought all pets give a card sometime during their growing up. If that is not the case I wasted lots of crowns for nothing!

Check this site area to see what cards or abilities pets will get before you buy. The healing ability will show in their talents column. http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Pets

but there is a specific page that shows just which pets will get the healing ability also: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/PetAbility:Health_Gift

I got a lava spider and turns out the magma spider, tho it gives no card, is suppose to at some point during pet training, get the healing ability, and my lava wont. I think all crown pets should come with or gain a card and also gain the healing ability. Crowns for pets is not something we take lightly, our crowns are sparce and important, and the game creators need to fix this and give crown purchased pets some card and healing at some point so we dont waste our money.

They also need to fix hatching. I wasnt pleased to spend a fortune in gold on my separate player accounts to hatch pets together only for each student to end up with the exact same pet. The eggs should have at least been swapped so each student had opposite pet if it wasnt going to create a hybrid pet.

Taryn

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
destroya10 wrote:

No. Just some.