Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are all pets death?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Hi i'm artur ghostblade a balance student. I have lots of pets and they are almost all death. I've been to people houses too and seen that they all have most death pets too. And i went to hatch with another pet for a balance but everyone seems to only be having death pets or fire. I am asking if you can make more balance pets because there barely is any. I know you get hydra at level 48, but it the only good thing about it is the card but you already get that at level 42. So i dont get what is so good about that pet besides the card and couple of damage for balance. So i am asking if you would make more balance pets. Thanks for reading and please respond.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
My Balance wizard has the Astra Judge - it's a life pet with Balance traits.

I for one do not have mainly death pets.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
My Balance wizard's main pet is a starfish named Cookie, which I bought for gold in Celestia. He's an Ice pet, but has tons of great talents~ at Ancient, he has pip o' plenty, Spritely, and Spell Proof, hoping for Defy at epic... All of these are awesome stats for Balance.

(I recently hatched him with a friend's pet... His sister, Sugar, ended up with Spritely and a health gift, so am going level her up and hatch again, to see what I get.)

After Hydra, there's a pet Judge and chimera, along with several hybrids of all 3 of them. Still, mine all ended up with selfish talents, so Cookie will be stuck with Shadowsong for a very, very long time to come. :P

Happy hatching!

El Veeb/Shadowsong
the Archmage of Awesomeness,

Sugar & Cookie,
the Spritely Starfish Twins,

& the rest of the El Veeb army!

Defender
May 19, 2012
My wizard has a Snake in a Basket pet and it is a balance pet. There are also the school balance pets, Hydra and Judgement being two. Honestly, I can't think of too many balance pets, but then balance is like a jack of all trades, and can use pretty much any school of magic so I don't think it's that big an issue.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
There are pets of many schools. Some more pets that are in balance school are the sandman, crabling, jade oni, and the little 29 pedigree dragon sold in Wizard City. Strangely, though the little krok pet sold in krokotopia is a myth school pet, the one I bought turned out to have a couple balance talents, Unbalancer (balance resist) and Add Balance (increased balance damage). You may find the talents you are looking for on another school's pet if lucky, though it seems unusual unless you have done some hatching. Hatching is worth trying. You might even turn the dragon (29) into a strong balance pet with the right hatches. Good luck with your search for a better balance pet.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2008
I'm death and honestly i'm waiting till halloween to get more death pets. i only have wraith now. instead of trying to get pets for my school so hard, i got my summer dragon (from 2009!) to epic so i have a fire pet that boosts. you should get a pet for your secondary school so it boosts for other spells.

and your actually lucky to be balance cause getting a fire, ice, storm pet will boost hydra and spectral blast.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
wellarameh wrote:
Hi i'm artur ghostblade a balance student. I have lots of pets and they are almost all death. I've been to people houses too and seen that they all have most death pets too. And i went to hatch with another pet for a balance but everyone seems to only be having death pets or fire. I am asking if you can make more balance pets because there barely is any. I know you get hydra at level 48, but it the only good thing about it is the card but you already get that at level 42. So i dont get what is so good about that pet besides the card and couple of damage for balance. So i am asking if you would make more balance pets. Thanks for reading and please respond.

Of course not! I only have two death pets (Blue Ghost and Krokomummy). There are a serious lack of Storm pets.