Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Arctic Ninja Pig

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 09, 2009
After spending almost 6000 crowns on a pet, the Arctic Ninja Pig, my son worked on leveling him up, hoping for spritely or SOMETHING that would help his wizard. Imagine his surprise when he got 'Tenacious'. This is a bogus trait that does NOTHING for the wizard and uses up a slot that could be used for something for the wizard. This is just not right. My son wanted to know what this does for him, and I said nothing, its a wasted slot. He wants to know why this happened. I think that is a very good question, and would like an answer from someone. At this point, I will not be buying crowns again. I would have thought that buying a crowns pet (or anything) would be special.
After playing this game for three years ( January of 2012 will be my anniversary), and also having 4 accounts, this is extremely disappointing.

Buying a pet with crowns, above and beyond what I pay, and getting a bogus trait is just not right

Rogan Firehammer

(I won't list all 24 wizards here.)

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Rogtim wrote:
After spending almost 6000 crowns on a pet, the Arctic Ninja Pig, my son worked on leveling him up, hoping for spritely or SOMETHING that would help his wizard. Imagine his surprise when he got 'Tenacious'. This is a bogus trait that does NOTHING for the wizard and uses up a slot that could be used for something for the wizard. This is just not right. My son wanted to know what this does for him, and I said nothing, its a wasted slot. He wants to know why this happened. I think that is a very good question, and would like an answer from someone. At this point, I will not be buying crowns again. I would have thought that buying a crowns pet (or anything) would be special.
After playing this game for three years ( January of 2012 will be my anniversary), and also having 4 accounts, this is extremely disappointing.

Buying a pet with crowns, above and beyond what I pay, and getting a bogus trait is just not right

Rogan Firehammer

the talent that he got has a couple uses
one racing
two certain talents get stronger if a certain stat is higher

also ya can always hatch to give better talents

Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
Probably out of luck here. As far as I know...this pet is built mostly for an Ice wizard. It has two Epic slots...one for a Fortify spell card and a sought out talent of May Cast Tower Shield. If it has Spritely...I don't know of it. Most would use this pet as a parent pet for a hybrid to bring along the May Cast Tower talent. Isn't worth 6000, obviously...but like PvP balance, the crown pricing is a little off kilter...ok, lot off.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Rogtim wrote:

Rogan Firehammer

Unfortunately just because you really love a pet does not mean it has the ability to get spritely or any traits that will help you wizard. According to WiKi first generation pets list the Artic Ninja Pig does not have the ability to get spritely.

When I started the game this trait was rare, now it does seem to be a more popular trait people want so more pets have it, there a ton more pets too. Getting into hatching for the trait will give mixed results, I hatched my Fierce Hound that has it and 2 of the 4 got it so you can burn though a lot of gold trying to get the trait that way and there is no guarantee you will get the Ninja pig pet in the hatch.

As for bogus traits I agree some are totally off the wall in the way they would actually help your wizard. I like things like health and mana gift, may cast blade, pips and of course spritely which I currently working on getting a pet with one for all my wizards and am almost there.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
Rogtim wrote:

Rogan Firehammer

Hello Wizard. I do understand what you mean. I have bought the same pet with crowns. However I waited until it was on offer so it was worth it. Also I bought Arctic Ninja Pig to hatch a stronger pet which it did if you wanted a pet to cast spiritly then buy a spirit seraph!

Katie Deathspear, Level 36

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
I keep falling prey to that myself. I just look at it now like having a collection. It seems the more I have spent crowns on a pet the worse the pet turns out to be. The storm hound is a prime example. At nearly twenty dollars you would think that pet would be awesome. I keep leveling him up on to get four of the useless traits you are talking about.

For myself I purchse pets with one thing in mind, PVP. I am trying to build that ultimate pet. I have tons of pets both bought and from drops. The best pet I have is still a turtle. Proof-9 Defy-4 may tower (which he does all the time) and may spritely (all the time). His record for sprites in a row is 7. I couldnt believe it.

That pet is a product of hatching, more hatching, and more hatching. I think he is like an 8th generation pet.

In any case I bought the artic pig too. So far, I got "may tower" and mana. As soon as i see mana at any point when Im training a pet I immediately discard that pet and put them out to pasture.

The snowball is interesting. I have only leveled up one and the first talent is an iceblade.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Sprightly is not all that useful. My pets that have that ability, cast it on me when I have close to full health or not at all. I have often gone several battles or even died while my pet just sat there. If you are set on getting sprightly you could breed the pig with a starfish. Starfish are ice type pets that can learn sprightly. I warn you though, my own starfish has not learned sprightly it did learn a skill that gives me that ice meteor spell. It also learned may cast ice blade and may cast ice trap. Again the pet uses the may cast abilities at the most useless times.

Also don't bother to raise a pet to epic (it is just as likely to learn a bogus talent at epic as it would at teen. Indeed so called epic skills are just a way of saying the skill is very rare, and has nothing to do with epic level pets)...

If you must raise it to epic, make sure that the pet is useful, that is, you use it a lot, and that you won't be replacing it soon.