Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Any hatching experts here?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
So, I only use the sea dragon pet for its given talents. Seriously I don't care for its look at all it's really goofy to me. I just don't like it. Nothing against it, I just really don't like how it looks but it gives incredible stats.

If I hatch any other type of pet with my sea dragon, will it always have the appearance of a sea dragon no matter what?

Can I transfer my sea dragons talents through hatching to another type of pet? I would love to change the appearance but keep the sea dragon stats.

Anyone care to help me save tons of gold answering this Q?

Talents I wish to keep:
Health gift
Spell proof:%10 universal resist (YES)
Pain Giver: %7 universal damage boost

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
While doing a search for pet talents, I came upon a wikia that explained about the pet breeding. I don't think they will allow the link here, but if you do a google search you will find it. Basically what it stated (or at least what i understood), in order to transfer one pets talents to another, you have to keep hatching the original pet (in your case the sea dragon) with its recent offspring (that is if the offspring has the looks you want). I believe they said it would take 8 times (I could be wrong on that number.)

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
It's possible...

However, I think it's WAY too much trouble to go through just to have a pet that has great stats and great looks as well.

And it's inevitable that you would probably have to spend tons upon TONS of gold in order to do this.

In my opinion, if I had an ugly pet with amazing ablities, I wouldn't complain. Looks don't matter to me anyways.

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
I"m no expert but I'm pretty sure that you can't hatch a crowns pet and gdet the crowns pet (unless they're both crowns pet).

P.S. I would think someone would like the sea dragon for spritely instead of spell-proof and pain-giver, but your dragon may not be up to that yet.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, from a person that has a lot of experience with this specific issue!

I personally love the pets with a Dragon Blade card, however, they do have selfish talents and do not come with the spritely, spell proof, pierce train, and many of the great talents a sea dragon has!

So, what do you do? You hatch the 2 pets together! No, you will not always get the pet you want, sometimes you will get a sea dragon back, but when you do get the pet you want, example: Damp Demon! When you get a damp demon back, train it to adult and hatch again.

By doing this process over and over, you can eventually get the damp demon to have all of the sea dragons talents if you so wish, but after 1 or even 2 hatches, you can get a damp demon with the exact talents you want or wish for, but the more times you hatch, the better chances you have of getting only useful talents.

Hope this helps!

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Well this certainly helps. I'll keep this in mind. I do have a looooot of gold to spend haha.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
CorbinW wrote:
So, I only use the sea dragon pet for its given talents. Seriously I don't care for its look at all it's really goofy to me. I just don't like it. Nothing against it, I just really don't like how it looks but it gives incredible stats.

If I hatch any other type of pet with my sea dragon, will it always have the appearance of a sea dragon no matter what?

Can I transfer my sea dragons talents through hatching to another type of pet? I would love to change the appearance but keep the sea dragon stats.

Talents I wish to keep:
Health gift

I know what you mean.

I had my third generation sea dragon on my storm wizard ever since Marleybone. After discovering that I was able to pick up mega snacks from the waterworks dungeon, I finally decided to do something about my pet.

I hated looking and seeing that Sea Dragon pet lol. The only reason I kept it was because of one single talent: Spritely. Well, I hatched the Sea Dragon with a Kraken, so I did not have to do my Kraken Egg quest.

I got a Kraken. With almost the perfect talents! +6% Storm Giver, +6% Pain Giver, Spritely, and... Storm shield. xD

Eventually, once I have built up another large collection of mega snacks, I will try to hatch again, for a Kraken with even higher stats and a talent more like Spell proof instead of Storm Shield.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
CorbinW wrote:

Talents I wish to keep:
Health gift

my dad plays this game with me i had a hybrid and he had a sea dragon he got a hybrid with the sea dragon stats if that helped tell me