Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

advice on what pet snacks to use...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
I have my pet I want and hatched it with a pet that has both resistances and damage talents.
I might go for a class damage talent when i know i can get 4 of the 5 i want.

but my question is what pet snacks do you focus on when feeding to make sure you get your talents?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The best pet snacks are the ones with the highest stats you can get. Gardening Prickly Bear Cactus, Frozen Fly Traps, Maelstrom Snap Dragons and Couch Potatoes that drop in the game will get you 'mega snacks' at elder harvest that provide a lot more experience per snack than the snacks that drop at lower levels in the game.

If you have crowns, Evil Magma Peas, Deadly Helephant Ears and Sword Ferns also drop mega snacks at every elder harvest. EMPs are considered the holy grail of pet snack plants, with Couch Potatoes running a close and often contested second. (They're huge and provide fewer types of snacks, but they're also much easier to care for and tend to drop more often from battles.)

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-pet-guides/perfect-pvp-pets-part-1/

The talents your pet gets and the order they will show up were both decided at the moment of hatching. Nothing you do or feed your pet will change that.

Here's a guide that explains how we know that:
http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-pet-guides/perfect-pvp-pets-part-2/

Good luck and happy training!
Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
ok so what your basically saying is that the stats has no relevance on what talents should show up?
yes i know you have to hatch multi times to achieve the talents you want

i know my wife told me to plant couch potatoes and evil magma peas to get my mega snacks.

when you mouse over on the stats strength and intelligence these two stats is more focused in talents your trying to get and it seems like the site is having database issues.

Im still learning the pet system and trying to get players experiences in there hatching methods ok what they use to achieve there talents. anymore insight would be a great help.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Higher stats improve the strength of a learned talent. For example, if you want your spellproof talent to be 10%, you need 230 or higher in both strength and agility, plus power should be above 225.

But, if you think only feeding your pet snacks to boost agility and strength will cause the pet to learn spellproof ... no, that's not how it works.

What you feed your pet doesn't affect which talents it learns, only how powerful those talents become as you are training the pet to higher levels.

To get an ideal pet, we have to hatch for both high general stats such as strength and agility for resistance, or agility and will for critical, or strength and will for damage. Then we also have to try and clump the good talents we want all together on a single pet that has high stats. That's why pet hatching is so gold and labor intensive.

Alia Misthaven