Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A pet can only be hatched with once?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Hello. I recently received a death dryad from the pet kiosk. I also hatched with another play. Both the new dryad and lil siren that I hatched with another player now say can't be offered for hatchmaking. Do you mean to tell me pets can only be hatched once?
P.S. I am not new to pets but I am brand new to hatching.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Mackenzie Moondrea... on May 2, 2018 wrote:
Hello. I recently received a death dryad from the pet kiosk. I also hatched with another play. Both the new dryad and lil siren that I hatched with another player now say can't be offered for hatchmaking. Do you mean to tell me pets can only be hatched once?
P.S. I am not new to pets but I am brand new to hatching.
Pets can be hatched as many times as you want as long as they are adult or above. You will need a free hatching timer and enough gold.

A lot of the crown pets can not be offered through the kiosk but if someone uses one to hatch with your pet then you can hatch back even though they are crown only pets.

Sadly the Li'l Siren is one of the pets that can't be offered in the kiosk. It's a shame because it is an old crown pet, looks gorgeous and gives those awesome 7 pip siren cards....but sadly she is not able to be added to the kiosk yet. I hope KI reassess which crown pets can be added!

The Rotting Dryad should be able to be offered. I am unsure why yours says it can not be offered. I just checked and mine can be offered. Is yours a Rotting Dryad? Is it adult or above? Does the pet have the note on it that it cannot be offered in the kiosk or is it just not showing in your list of pets when you try to add it?

All pets can be hatched in the hatchery using the sigils btw, even those that can not be added into the kiosk. The note on crown pets saying it cannot be offered for hatchmaking is just referring to the kiosk, not the sigil inside the hatchery.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I've run into the same issue.

When we offer our pets into the hatcher, if someone else hatches with us, we get a chance to hatch back (and get our own egg from the pairing). One night I was really excited because a Harmonious Sprite had hatched with my pet and I've been wanting one since forever. So, I hatched back despite the fact that I had to pay crowns to do so.

ONCE

Only one hatch back was allowed, then the 'hatch' button greyed out and I was not allowed to hatch again.

(And I didn't even get the Harmonious Sprite with that one, very expensive attempt, so I was pretty disappointed. For that reason, I'll never pay crowns to hatch back again. It's basically throwing money away.)

So it's correct that we can only hatch back one time. Whether we pay crowns or get a 'free' hatch, once is the limit KI has set for hatch-backs.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Yes, My other pet is a Rotting Dryad. I just got it so it is still a baby, but my other baby pets do not say can't be offered for hatchmaking. My lil Siren is an adult. Are you saying that when a pet says "can't be offered for hatchmaking" they just mean that it can't be offered at the kiosk? And not that you can't hatch it at all?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Mackenzie Moondrea... on May 2, 2018 wrote:
Yes, My other pet is a Rotting Dryad. I just got it so it is still a baby, but my other baby pets do not say can't be offered for hatchmaking. My lil Siren is an adult. Are you saying that when a pet says "can't be offered for hatchmaking" they just mean that it can't be offered at the kiosk? And not that you can't hatch it at all?
Yes, it's just referring to the kiosk. I'm not sure why your Rotting Dryad is showing up as can't be offered for hatchmaking though as mine can be. I think the kiosk is still perhaps a bit glitchy and may need some patching.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2015
You can only hatch back once. Several times, I've had a really good pet hatch with one of mine, and when I've hatched back with them, it is grayed out ever after. So if you wanted to keep trying to improve your new pet with the original parent, you can't.

So, it's basically only a way to POSSIBLY obtain a new pet, and not a good method for training talents you want for the pet.

For the record, I've had mixed results with hatching back with a crowns pet. Sometimes, I get the new pet, andsometimes, *sadly* I spend crowns only to get my own pet type back. <-- such a bummer!

But I can confirm, you only get the ONE chance. The Kiosk only allows one hatching attempt with a pet that has hatched with yours. You can hatch multiple times with regularly offered Kiosk pets. (As long as they are offered. Note that the Kiosk has been removing the available pets for offer. It's down to only 52 pages now, and they took out the pets I was unsuccessfully trying for. (Fiendish Foo Dog and Vampire))