Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Perfect Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
Hey guys! I went looking all around the web for ways to inprove pets and found some interesting ideas. I just wanted to group it all together to make it easy. This is what I found:
1. More maximum pet-points and a faster recharge.
2. A minimal pet exp gain when the wizards win a duel.
3. This is a big one, cheaper hatching costs.
4. Better chances to get a "new and exciting" pet.
5. This one I think is odd, but fused pets and cards.
6. Pet-point wisps.

If I forgot any, please post them. ;)

P.S. I have 3 pets myself, King Sugar the Stray Piggle, Lady Jasper the Blue Cyclops, and Mr. Gizmo the (crowns only) Storm Beetle. I want some of theese to happen too!

kyky77, AKA Kyle Thundershard

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
I hope this helps some people (like me) who were having a very difficult time getting started on the road to a perfect pet! If you need any more help or don't understand, please feel free to reply and ask! I will try to respond!

Step 1: Find a good starter pet, and start training. Look at footnote 1 for information about training. Some good starter pets that I have noticed, with talents people want, are the Starfish (Spell-Proof and Spritely), the Betta Fish (Critical Hitter, Energizing Battery and more), Polar Bear Cub (Snow Heal For You!, Freeze, and more) plus many other pets that I haven't listed. Take a look at the Wiki's page for first generation pets.

Step 2: After the pet you chose has about two talents people desire (some listed in step 1) get some gold and enter the Hatchery. Lots of people farm (or repeatedly fight for drops) Halfang in Vestrilund for high-selling gear drops. When you go into the hatchery, don't try and hatch with a "Perfect Pet," chances are they won't won't want to hatch with you. Look for a pet that has one or more talent that you want, and ask them what talents they are looking for or if they would like to hatch with your pet. If they say no, that's okay. There's more pets. Look at footnote 2 for more info.

Step 3: Someone with a pet with the talents I want hatched with me! What now? Train your pet again. If you need help, look at footnote 1. If you didn't get the talents you want, it's a good idea to friend the person you hatch with just in case they didn't either and want to hatch again. Even if you didn't do this, you'll be able to find someone else to hatch with.

Step 4: I still don't have all the talents I want. Even though this is where things start to get tedious, you have to go back to step 2.

Footnote 1: Training is so boring! Where do I get Mega-Snacks? The three best places to get snacks are, (in this order,) the Winterbane Gauntlet, Gardening, and the Waterworks. (Also, you can get them from the Mega-Snack Pack in the Crowns Shop.)

Footnote 2: No one will hatch with me! What do I do? Either your pet has some undesirable talents on it or you're just not targeting the right crowd. If you know your pet can get some good talents but it just hasn't, don't hesitate to train it to Ancient. Or, you could post a thread on Wizard101 Central asking for a hatch.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I'll add this - if you train your pet to adult and it has even one undesirable do-nothing talent, a lot of people will refuse to hatch with you because it can be very difficult to suppress a manifested selfish or card talent.

Best to just start over with a new baby pet, and stop training the one with the worthless talent.

Likewise, if you have an adult pet with two solid talents, stop training it until you have a chance to hatch with another pet that also has 2+ solid talents.

You might train it to ancient and get a spectacular third talent - or you could just as easily ruin it as a potential hatch by manifesting a selfish or a card talent.

HATCH FIRST then if you have several potentially good progeny with this pet, only then push it to ancient.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
What would be your idea of a perfect pet?
Mine would be: Unicorn sword/shield healing current spark beast named Maddie.

How about you?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The current "perfect" pet I'm working towards is:
Enchanted Armament (for the pet blades) with
Spell Proof
Spell Defy
MC Healing Current
Feinting Spell (because it works on no trap cheat bosses)
Pain or MC Infallable or Sharp Shot

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
For my it would be:
Spell-Proof
Spell-Defy
May-Cast Fairy
May-Cast Infallible
May-Cast Healing Current
For my it would be:
Spell-Proof
Storm-Dealer
Pain-Dealer
Storm-Critical
Critical Striker
For my it would be:
Spell-Proof
Spell-Defy
Fairy
Pain-Dealer
May-Cast Infallible
And last for my :
Spell-Proof
Spell-Defy
May cast Healing Current
May cast Fairy
May cast Sanctuary (If that talent exists, I think I've seen it)

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
My perfect pet is, of course, a Midnight Sprite with Spritely, Fairy, Spell Proof, Spell Defy and May Cast Tower.

I've got three of these talents on separate pets, now to start the hatching process!

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Spider Golem: double resist, balance dealer, universal block, universal critical
Rain Beetle: double resist, evil eye (mc doom and gloom), may cast weakness, balance dealer

Survivor
Oct 27, 2013
Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
I think fairy, unicorn, sprite, current, and dragon blade

Miranda 90

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
for me it would be:
rain beetle with fairy, spell proof, spell defy, sprite, and unicorn.

Wolf Ravenbreath 89

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
Can someone please tell me if they have a good pet that can cast some of the different healing spell and has resistance, how do you do it? Do you do all strength and agility and max them out and leave intellect, will, and power at one, or do you do a lot of agility and strength and have a little bit of the other three? can you tell me how to make a good pet and how you make the good pet please.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2013
alexander skywalke... on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
Can someone please tell me if they have a good pet that can cast some of the different healing spell and has resistance, how do you do it? Do you do all strength and agility and max them out and leave intellect, will, and power at one, or do you do a lot of agility and strength and have a little bit of the other three? can you tell me how to make a good pet and how you make the good pet please.
Try getting the life sprite from Prince Alicane Swiftarrow.
Alexander Wintermender Level 8

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
You can train it different ways, but look for a pet that gives proof and defy and other stuff you want first, then if you get a pet with that it doesn't really matter how you train it.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
How you train doesn't matter to what your pet learns. Hatch with pets that have the talents you want & hope for the best.

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Just be interested in the talents, The stats only define how much of something you can get, If you have too little power, agility, and strength you wont get the full resist, but how much of it you have doesn't change what you will get.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Here is a great guide that will teach you a fantastic way to grow your pets and it does a wonderful job of helping you understand how the pet hatching and feeding system really works.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
alexander skywalke... on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
First, pick a pet that has cards you want. That's like getting an extra talent. If you are training a proof/defy pet. You want to work on getting Strength, Agility and Power to highest possible max levels. How you train them really doesn't matter. You want high max stats in those three stats. Will and Intellect don't really factor into combat talents like Pain, Proof, Defy, Accuracy and Crit boosts. While increasing stats and looking for talents you want to hatch out all the common talents that you can. They are mostly selfish talents that only boost stats. You should really read the tutorials on central for more info.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?106-Pet-Guides

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
Thanks for your reply everybody, I took your tips and I made an ember stone tiger with amazing talents. Thanks everybody.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
Hi i would like to hatch with a pet that has Fairy,Spritely,Spell Proof and Defy, and some other good talent

I can gift Mega Snack Packs or something else after the hatch.

Thanks am looking forward toward hatching

Explorer
Nov 18, 2011