Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training your pet for spritely.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
Rather than a topic, this is more of a question...
Is there any way to train your pet in a way to better your chances for learning spritely, or any healing spell for that matter? I have been trying, and trying to get one of my pets to learn spritely and it isn't happening. My sea dragon is ancient and doesn't heal and all my others are adults with no heal.. I really would like a pet that heals so if you know of any ways to train them for a better chance of healing, please let me know. :)
-Keena

Armiger
May 10, 2010
PerfectlyInsane420 wrote:
Is there any way to train your pet in a way to better your chances for learning spritely, or any healing spell for that matter? I have been trying, and trying to get one of my pets to learn spritely and it isn't happening. My sea dragon is ancient and doesn't heal and all my others are adults with no heal.. I really would like a pet that heals so if you know of any ways to train them for a better chance of healing, please let me know. :)
-Keena

No, there is nothing you can do to magically get spritely. The best you can do, is hatch with pets that have the talent manifested. Then you have a chance at getting that talent on your pet.

But, it does not matter what you feed your pet, or what games you play, or how you play them, if your pet will get the talent, then it will get the talent, if it will not get the talent, there is nothing you can do to change that.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Currently the only way I know that you can get spritely for sure on a pet is to buy one that gets it at teen. My Fierce Hound has followed me though the game since the Epic Bundle came out. I have hatched it several times and have managed to get other hounds with it. Hatching becomes costly but 2 out of 5 hatches usually have spritely. There is also the snake in basket which I have on another account and graffiti.

I believe you have a better chance of getting spritely on a pet if your pet could get spritely and you hatch it with another pet that already manifested it. Such as I had a Glacier Cat that I hatched with a ScareCrow that had spritely and I got Spritely at teen on it and a higher pedigree then both parents had. It's been my experience that if you don't get Spritely by adult odds are it isn't going to happen and I move on, training the old fashion way is long and tedious. I solo quite a bit and find this type of pet to be an asset and well worth the purchase. Over time I have managed to hatch enough pets so I don't have to keep putting the fierce in the shared bank for another wizard to us.

There are several pets in the game you can win/buy with gold that can get spritely also, I have seen a few Jellyfish and Starfish with it.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2010
Take sea dragon to epic, that is when mine got sprite. Or hatch with someone who already has sprite.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2011
PerfectlyInsane420 wrote:
-Keena

yea there is nothing you can do to get it to cast sprite. but if you get an epic bundle feirce hound learns spritley at teen mine did :D

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
I dont believe there is a way to raise your chances of getting spritely other than hatching with a pet that has it. But a tip to help you get spritely easier is to train each pet you hatch only up to adult and just hatch again if it doesnt get spritely. This proves to be a much faster method than training all the way up to ancient and epic.