Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet types in hatching/Cyclops pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
:?I was wondering if you were to hatch two pets with different attributes, for example a blue cyclops and a blood bat, can the resulting pet come out as a myth or ice attribute type? If not, is there a cyclops pet that has a myth attribute? I was really upset that when I found out that the cyclops Penny Dreadful gives you was a ice pet. I really thought it should be a myth type because cyclops is a myth wizard spell that you get at level ten for myth wizards. I don't want to offend anyone in this post and I hope I am not, but as a myth wizard, I think most cyclops pets should be myth type. Thank you Wizard 101 for reading this post and if you can, I would like you to reply back. :) :-)

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
Well, since Blue Cyclops and Blood Bat are low pedigree pets, the process of hatching should be relatively low, no more than 10,000 Gold, possibly much less than that.

And yes, hatching the two together is how you would get a Blue Cyclops with Myth-type boosts. It would still be an Ice-School pet, but if you breed it with a Blood Bat (Or Stray Piggle, since it is of an even lower pedigree and thus cheaper) it may inherit the Myth-Giver and other Myth-related talents.

It's not guaranteed here, but it should not be too expensive to do.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
Thank you for replying Luvas. Also if anyone knows a list of all Myth-School attributed pets, I would really like to have a list and know all of there prices. I am a level 20 myth wizard and I have been looking al over the place for Myth-School attributed pets and I am starting to think that there aren't many of them. :?

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
gamerj123 wrote:
Thank you for replying Luvas. Also if anyone knows a list of all Myth-School attributed pets, I would really like to have a list and know all of there prices. I am a level 20 myth wizard and I have been looking al over the place for Myth-School attributed pets and I am starting to think that there aren't many of them. :?

Wizard101central.com has a wonderful list of every pet you can obtain in the game outside of Celestia. You can look there if you'd like!

After pouring over the list myself I have to agree with you, there aren't a lot of Myth-School pets, at least not super-powerful ones. If you just want the boosts in attack and accuracy or what have you any Myth-School pet would do fine, even a Piggle, (But NOT a Krok, it's a Balance pet in disguise!) but some also carry a card, like the Mustard Troll and White Rat Magician, and are pretty hard to obtain.

Or you could look at the Crowns Shop and Pet Shop in Wizard City and decide between the Myth Ghoul, Sea Dragon, or Red Gobbler.

I'd definitely look at the list though!
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54829

Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
Thanks for the help. Oh by the way, that was a pretty nice joke about the Krok. Also thanks for replying to all my messages. The information you gave me was pretty helpful. Another question; does this list tell where to get the pets?

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
gamerj123 wrote:
Thanks for the help. Oh by the way, that was a pretty nice joke about the Krok. Also thanks for replying to all my messages. The information you gave me was pretty helpful. Another question; does this list tell where to get the pets?

No prob, I'm a nerd with these things, but the writer of the article deserves the credit. :)

The list does tell you what boss drops the pets and the name of the location, but you may need to ask around some regardless.