Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We are aware of the recent Heartbleed Bug internet vulnerability issue and can confirm that none of the KingsIsle systems or websites were impacted. If you wish to have further clarification about the bug itself visit http://heartbleed.com.

Feeding your Pet

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Feeding your Pet
The West Ende Girls will teach you about feeding your pet.

At the end of each pet training game, you can feed your pet a snack.

You can buy snacks from the snack shops or buy a recipe and craft them. Recipes for snacks can be found on Recipe Vendors throughout the Spiral.

Snacks increase your pet’s statistics and make them increase in rank faster. You will receive a message about your pets approval of the snack; "Your pet ate this snack.", "Your pet likes this snack." or "Your pet loves this snack." but only 'liking' or 'loving' a snack will result in a power gain for your pet.

Once you have fed your pet, you can play the game again by pressing the 'Play Again' button.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Hero
May 27, 2009
756
Re: Feeding your Pet
My question about feeding is this - will there be a way to keep track of what your pet especially likes, or do we need to keep our own results notes when feeding snacks? I finally found something my pet really liked, but if I don't write that down, do I just keep going hit-and-miss?

Defender
May 29, 2009
197
Re: Feeding your Pet
I also have a question about the snacks. I was fighting a gobbler and he dropped a chocolate strawberry. I have noticed that you they come in cards and are supposed to be able to be crafted. Will they also be found around the spiral like the reagents we find for our other crafting projects?

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1713
Re: Feeding your Pet
SorceressMiklai wrote:
I also have a question about the snacks. I was fighting a gobbler and he dropped a chocolate strawberry. I have noticed that you they come in cards and are supposed to be able to be crafted. Will they also be found around the spiral like the reagents we find for our other crafting projects?

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress

I found recipes near the hatchery. In the snack shop, one sells food, the second recipes.

Community Leader
Re: Feeding your Pet
When you play the mini games to train your pet this is when you feed them If your pet likes or loves the snack you get extra points. You will get these messages
Pet ate the snack
Pet likes the snack
Pet loves the snack
love would be the best snack to feed m then like. I also found out if you hatched a pet like I did by mixing a Wraith and a helephant my wraith also likes snacks that are fire schools. Each snack has a symbal for the school.

Just something I noticed please let us know if you find anything else :)

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
14
Re: Feeding your Pet
MeCatz wrote:
When you play the mini games to train your pet this is when you feed them If your pet likes or loves the snack you get extra points. You will get these messages
Pet ate the snack
Pet likes the snack
Pet loves the snack
love would be the best snack to feed m then like. I also found out if you hatched a pet like I did by mixing a Wraith and a helephant my wraith also likes snacks that are fire schools. Each snack has a symbal for the school.

Just something I noticed please let us know if you find anything else :)
can anyone tell me a good snack for stormzilla? every storm school snack i tryed he only likes it and gets 1 xp. 2 xp a game with 800 to go for epic is too long for me

Hero
May 27, 2009
756
Re: Feeding your Pet
I would try a Myth snack or two. My Blue Cyclops doesn't like anything but Storm snacks so far...

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
72
Re: Feeding your Pet
How about making it so there are a couple of snacks that will make your pet sick, rendering it useless for an hour

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
14
Re: Feeding your Pet
I tryed all storm and myth snacks and he only likes them, not loves them. I am currently trying every snack in the bazaar, nothing good yet. Anyone else get a snack their stormzilla loves yet? Why can't I find anything !?!?

Astrologist
May 22, 2009
1104
Re: Feeding your Pet
rme123 wrote:
I tryed all storm and myth snacks and he only likes them, not loves them. I am currently trying every snack in the bazaar, nothing good yet. Anyone else get a snack their stormzilla loves yet? Why can't I find anything !?!?


Have you tried a crafted snack? That is the only thing i found that my satyr loved.

Hannah Lifebringer level 50 Life

Defender
May 29, 2009
197
Re: Feeding your Pet
MikeStrath wrote:
SorceressMiklai wrote:
I also have a question about the snacks. I was fighting a gobbler and he dropped a chocolate strawberry. I have noticed that you they come in cards and are supposed to be able to be crafted. Will they also be found around the spiral like the reagents we find for our other crafting projects?

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress

I found recipes near the hatchery. In the snack shop, one sells food, the second recipes.


Yes, I understand that and have found both the Snack Vendor and the Snack Recipe Vendor. I was wanting to know if certain snacks would be indigenous to certain worlds like the other reagents.

Red Mandrake-Wizard City
Parchment-Krokotopia
Scrap Iron-Marleybone
Black Lotus-Mooshu
Lava Lily-Dragonspyre

I know others can be found in several worlds like:

Mistwood, Deep Mushroom, Stone Block, Cattails, and Ore.

I just want to know if any of the snack reagents will be lying around. I already know they drop from certain enemies.

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
14
Re: Feeding your Pet
superluther wrote:
rme123 wrote:
I tryed all storm and myth snacks and he only likes them, not loves them. I am currently trying every snack in the bazaar, nothing good yet. Anyone else get a snack their stormzilla loves yet? Why can't I find anything !?!?


Have you tried a crafted snack? That is the only thing i found that my satyr loved.

Hannah Lifebringer level 50 Life

No. I'll have to try that, thx

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
14
Re: Feeding your Pet
Ok can you tell me which table to craft snacks in? Also this is a little off topic but what does the crafting anvil do in the dragons roost? Thx in advance

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1713
Re: Feeding your Pet
rme123 wrote:
Ok can you tell me which table to craft snacks in? Thx in advance

GO to the recipe vendor, and pull up the spell. On the left side are the crafting table requirements as well as cool-down time.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
8
Re: Feeding your Pet
Can we PLEASE just feed our pets while in the field? If i'm in the Drake Hatchery and get a really good snack i should be able to feed it ( pet mana allowing ). I know I will miss the point you get from the mini games. This will make players want those snacks you can only get in mooshu or dragon spire. Heck crafting your pet snacks might just make people get out there and play outside the free area's. Just a thought.