Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Recently came back to Wizard 101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2011
Hi Guys!

Man it is great to be back and I started a new Ice Wizard and currently at level 15.. I have some questions and it's been a while. If I have a deck with like 17 slots should I not fill it up? Is it better to have less cards in your decks and how many should I have? Also as it concerns pets I am really at a loss for which pet would be best for my ice wizard. I believe I have a sleet dragon now and not sure if I should consider another type? Also when it comes to houses you buy in the game is there one that's better to have for the farming aspect? And how valuable is crafting in the game? Is there a website out there you would consider the best for learning the game?

Thanks!

Administrator
wojohowitz on May 9, 2021 wrote:
Hi Guys!

Man it is great to be back and I started a new Ice Wizard and currently at level 15.. I have some questions and it's been a while. If I have a deck with like 17 slots should I not fill it up? Is it better to have less cards in your decks and how many should I have? Also as it concerns pets I am really at a loss for which pet would be best for my ice wizard. I believe I have a sleet dragon now and not sure if I should consider another type? Also when it comes to houses you buy in the game is there one that's better to have for the farming aspect? And how valuable is crafting in the game? Is there a website out there you would consider the best for learning the game?

Thanks!
Welcome back to the Spiral!

Survivor
Mar 01, 2012
Hi Guys!

Thanks!
Hi,

Same here rejoined after a long time...

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
Hi Guys!

Thanks!
It depends on your playing style whether you want to fill your deck up or not. From about levels 1-30 or so, if you have your deck maxed out (with a 17 slot deck), it won't be a huge deal. But as you get older, like in the 40+ range (that's at least when I've noticed it), it will be more beneficial for you to have a smaller deck, to keep things simple - keep the cards you need in your deck, plus a few reshuffles.

Ice has the advantage of having the most health in the game, and your gear will give you tons of additional health as well, but ice has the disadvantage of not having a strong attack (not until later levels at least) right away - your advantage is the shields you get as an ice, and the ability to take damage.

As for pets, that depends on your playing style again. If you're going to be a tank and take damage for your team (or if you're going to solo), i would recommend a healing pet. If you want to hit harder, i would suggest a pet that can help you by giving you an additional trap or blade (which is helpful in later levels and worlds as well as they can stack with your normal blades and with treasure card blades as well).

Crafting is very valuable. Especially at higher levels when some of the best gear is crafted.

As for websites, i usually recommend Final Bastion, Stars of the Spiral, Swordroll's Blog, just to name a few. Also Wizard101 Central.

Hope this helps!

Survivor
Sep 01, 2016
Welcome back!! I also returned to the game and I feel like there's been so many changes that I'm nearly overwhelmed! Though definitely excited to test everything out and see what's new <3

Survivor
Jan 28, 2017
Hi Guys!

Thanks!
Hi wojohowitz,

Welcome back to Wizard101, glad to have you back fighting for the betterment of the spiral.

To answer your questions on decks, I have a very useful way of playing. I simply use 2 separate decks, a boss deck, and a mob deck.

The boss deck has AoE, Single-target attacks as well as ultilities like traps, blades, (later on) auras, bubbles, shadow morphs, etc.

The mob deck I run, on my Ice for relevancy, is 2 Blizzards, 1 Reindeer Knight, 1 Blade (with 1 item blade), and 3 enchantments for spell damage.

I hope this helps and if you want more personal, one-on-one assistance, I'd be glad to help you. I can give you my discord and we can talk there since I will be able to see what spells you have trained.

Welcome home!

Jesse 140