Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Guilds

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 25, 2010
i do not know if anyone has mentioned this but what if they add guilds to thto game. Wizard can team up and help each other in bigger groups along with maybe adding a pvp/pve. For example it wouldn't be pvp exactly but maybe the guild who can kill the most minions in a certain area or a boss a number amount of times at the end of the month it gets announced what clan wins giving recognition to those who play over and do not enjoy pvp.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2017
I, personally, am all up for guilds. It would be a great way to meet possible questing partners and interact with more players. The game is more fun with friends and I believe we need a way to meet more. People get bored soloing

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
AedanUchiha on Dec 19, 2018 wrote:
i do not know if anyone has mentioned this but what if they add guilds to thto game. Wizard can team up and help each other in bigger groups along with maybe adding a pvp/pve. For example it wouldn't be pvp exactly but maybe the guild who can kill the most minions in a certain area or a boss a number amount of times at the end of the month it gets announced what clan wins giving recognition to those who play over and do not enjoy pvp.
There's already such a thing. Groups have their own chat thread and allow you to ride multi-person mounts. You invite people to Groups in the same way you invite Friends. Simply look at their overview and select "Add to Group"

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
KI has stated that in game guilds and the like will never be in the game

Survivor
Dec 03, 2013
Guilds would be amazing! Though I doubt they will ever be added

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
KI stated in one of the KI LIve early last Spring or Summer or earlier that there will be no Giulds in the game for a good reason. I forgot what that reason was.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on Jan 22, 2019 wrote:
KI stated in one of the KI LIve early last Spring or Summer or earlier that there will be no Giulds in the game for a good reason. I forgot what that reason was.
because it is anti-friendly. Guilds promote elitism and a cutthroat nature, even though their real intention is to band together. Your best bet is to find a facebook group and have them give you a hand.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
dayerider on Jan 23, 2019 wrote:
because it is anti-friendly. Guilds promote elitism and a cutthroat nature, even though their real intention is to band together. Your best bet is to find a facebook group and have them give you a hand.
I don't think this was the reason stated for not having guilds, but they did state that guilds would not be incorporated several years ago. However, much has changed at KI since then (including most of the employees that stated guilds would not be added to Wizard101). In fact, every one of their current mobile games include a guild of some sort, so I don't see why they couldn't incorporate them into Wizard101.

I don't know the reason for not having guilds, but it seems to be tied more to player/item trading than anything else:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/pets/you-and-your-pet-3336/8ad6a4173a920d72013a986a61e4644f?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a4173a920d72013a986a61e4644f

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/wanted-game-modification-pet-auction-house-8ad6a4173a920d72013a9915a9ae1e8f/8ad6a41a3a920d33013a99b896754dcb?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a41a3a920d33013a99b896754dcb

Oddly, according to the Code of Conduct for this website, players shouldn't even be asking about guilds for Wizard101, since it is one of the requirements to prevent your post from appearing:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/codeOfConduct/game

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
dayerider on Jan 23, 2019 wrote:
Oh yea. Thanks!

Administrator
Oran of Urz on Jan 24, 2019 wrote:
I don't think this was the reason stated for not having guilds, but they did state that guilds would not be incorporated several years ago. However, much has changed at KI since then (including most of the employees that stated guilds would not be added to Wizard101). In fact, every one of their current mobile games include a guild of some sort, so I don't see why they couldn't incorporate them into Wizard101.

I don't know the reason for not having guilds, but it seems to be tied more to player/item trading than anything else:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/pets/you-and-your-pet-3336/8ad6a4173a920d72013a986a61e4644f?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a4173a920d72013a986a61e4644f

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/wanted-game-modification-pet-auction-house-8ad6a4173a920d72013a9915a9ae1e8f/8ad6a41a3a920d33013a99b896754dcb?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a41a3a920d33013a99b896754dcb

Oddly, according to the Code of Conduct for this website, players shouldn't even be asking about guilds for Wizard101, since it is one of the requirements to prevent your post from appearing:

We need to get that updated a bit. Yes, guild talk is limited, but not that limited.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012

I remember hearing, though it could be me misremembering, that the reason guilds arent in the game is because of the nature of how guilds wind up being, not how they're implemented. I THOUGHT, and again, I could be wrong, that the reason they stated was that in a kid friendly game like W101, that guilds go against that nature and promote mean play etc. I will happily concede the point if somebody at KI would be willing to go on record to tell us why they were not allowed in the past.

See, here's the thing with guilds. WHY are they needed? This isnt WoW where a raid can have 270 people in it who need to do 4,000,000,000,000,000 damage to the boss. Those numbers were plucked out of the air as I have never played WoW so dont know the quantities (although I have witnessed people playing it and it sure SEEMED like that much damage was needed lol). W101 is limited to 4 people in a fight at a time. How would guilds help that, that a facebook (or other site's) group can't help? What would be the benefit of such an in game group? I just dont see the point of it in a game that limits people in a fight the way W101 does.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014

I think the reference to not being allowed to talk about clan/guilds is probably referring to posts trying to set up a clan/guild rather than general chat about it as a possibility within game.

I can see why player-controlled guilds/clans are not encouraged because they would be difficult for menu chat players to participate in and could also result in upset if they were not completely inclusive of everyone who wanted to be part of it.

Some of the benefits of being in guilds would be impossible to do in W101 eg player to player item trading, communal gold storage etc

However, even though many features of guilds used in other games wouldn't be appropriate for W101, I do think there could be space for ingame clubs of some description that are part of the actual game rather than player-controlled. Players could be able to join several but not all of the clubs and each one has a different focus and boost to go with it. EG The Crafters Club could have a bonus on reagent collection or a small percentage reduction on craft timers resetting...The Fishing Club could have a free pond reset per day etc

They could also be a great place for adding the Participation Trophy as a reward for joining in. There could be friendly ingame competitions between the clubs, with a reward given to everyone who joined in and a slightly better reward for the winning clubs...maybe winning would be the same reward for participating but with a trophy for being part of the winning team.

If it was inclusive and the competitive side kept fun, it could be a nice addition

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
dayerider on Jan 24, 2019 wrote:
I remember hearing, though it could be me misremembering, that the reason guilds arent in the game is because of the nature of how guilds wind up being, not how they're implemented. I THOUGHT, and again, I could be wrong, that the reason they stated was that in a kid friendly game like W101, that guilds go against that nature and promote mean play etc. I will happily concede the point if somebody at KI would be willing to go on record to tell us why they were not allowed in the past.

See, here's the thing with guilds. WHY are they needed? This isnt WoW where a raid can have 270 people in it who need to do 4,000,000,000,000,000 damage to the boss. Those numbers were plucked out of the air as I have never played WoW so dont know the quantities (although I have witnessed people playing it and it sure SEEMED like that much damage was needed lol). W101 is limited to 4 people in a fight at a time. How would guilds help that, that a facebook (or other site's) group can't help? What would be the benefit of such an in game group? I just dont see the point of it in a game that limits people in a fight the way W101 does.
I thought that too, given all the player posts making this reference, but I haven't found a single official answer from KI on why. I personally think the reason was less about the possible exclusion factor (because that already happens on group ups outside hard dungeons), but rather about safety issues that might arise from it. But honestly, I feel more comfortable of kid safety in Wizard101 than I do of creating guilds on Facebook, Twitter, etc and then directing minors to those sites. At least in Wizard101 there is someone watching and filtering the chat, especially on personal information.

Agreed. This game doesn't need a guild to defeat content like other MMOs, but figured the guild feature would be similar to the guild features in KI mobile games, where its a really a separate party chat. Also, in their mobile games the guild members work together to accomplish a weekly goal of some sort, so honestly a new feature would need to be implemented in Wizard101 to direct guild members to work together on a goal of some sort (gather gold, hatch pets, fishing goals, etc) to make guilds worthwhile.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
It's easy to do this informally by making a "group" in game, or by forming community groups on fan sites. Having anything more exclusive or cliquish in-game would not be appropriate for an all-ages game.

As a parent I like KI policy. Gangs and tribalism are a bad enough problem in the real world. Let's keep them out of family entertainment.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Prince of Shadows on Feb 7, 2019 wrote:
It's easy to do this informally by making a "group" in game, or by forming community groups on fan sites. Having anything more exclusive or cliquish in-game would not be appropriate for an all-ages game.

As a parent I like KI policy. Gangs and tribalism are a bad enough problem in the real world. Let's keep them out of family entertainment.
I think if it were done well it could be more 'teams and clubs' than 'gangs and tribalism'

It could even form a part of PvP in that the challenges are between teams of players, but it's a lot less personal when the teams are 100+ participants instead of direct challenges face-to-face in the arena.

Survivor
May 05, 2013
The whole community has been wanting guilds for a very long time, to be honest I cannot think of one reason why they wouldn't, I feel like it'd drag in a ton of more players.