Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How we can improve the Monstrodome

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 27, 2013
Hello everyone!

Do you love the ability to take the souls of creatures and monsters and make house guests or summon cards? I know I do. That is called Monsterology. With it comes a special tome called the Monstrodome. It's really not that helpful, but there is always room for improvement!

For one, players will sometimes spend hours or days trying to collect enough animus to get a summon card. With this card, you can place it within the Monstrodome. Most players are confused and thinks they will gather items upon killing the creatures within the Monstrodome. Sadly, they are incorrect. I know that the Monstrodome currently applies smaller loot tables for different rewards, but I have a suggestion. The Monstrodome should give the normal items, except with a small twist. The items would be slightly more rare then they are normally.

For two, some players like to be all challenging and tough, and wish to take out bosses alone. They do all the work to get the animus for the bosses who will sometimes cheat in their original battles, place them in the Monstrodome, and soon figure out that the bosses don't actually cheat at all. The Monstrodome should be changed to allow the bosses to use their cheats in battle. This is so players can learn how to adapt to the cheats and take down the bosses alone.

That's all I want to suggest for the Monstrodome. I would love the idea of taking down bosses with cheats by myself.

Please read and reply. Thanks.
Paul Goldfriend

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Maxomiso on Nov 18, 2018 wrote:
Hello everyone!

Do you love the ability to take the souls of creatures and monsters and make house guests or summon cards? I know I do. That is called Monsterology. With it comes a special tome called the Monstrodome. It's really not that helpful, but there is always room for improvement!

For one, players will sometimes spend hours or days trying to collect enough animus to get a summon card. With this card, you can place it within the Monstrodome. Most players are confused and thinks they will gather items upon killing the creatures within the Monstrodome. Sadly, they are incorrect. I know that the Monstrodome currently applies smaller loot tables for different rewards, but I have a suggestion. The Monstrodome should give the normal items, except with a small twist. The items would be slightly more rare then they are normally.

For two, some players like to be all challenging and tough, and wish to take out bosses alone. They do all the work to get the animus for the bosses who will sometimes cheat in their original battles, place them in the Monstrodome, and soon figure out that the bosses don't actually cheat at all. The Monstrodome should be changed to allow the bosses to use their cheats in battle. This is so players can learn how to adapt to the cheats and take down the bosses alone.

That's all I want to suggest for the Monstrodome. I would love the idea of taking down bosses with cheats by myself.

Please read and reply. Thanks.
Paul Goldfriend
I'd love it if we could toggle the cheats on/off in the monstrodome! It would make for some truly epic battles and a whole lot more fun!

I don't think loot tables should include the same loot as the actual boss because it would negate questing to them in game, farming long/complex dungeons for precious items and buying zones/membership.

I would like drops to be better than they currently are though - no gear with stats of course, but some fun seeds, TC, reagents etc...maybe even some fun pets, zero stat gear or temporary mounts!

Explorer
Jan 03, 2014
Survivor
Nov 15, 2017
I'm a level 74 balance wizard who just got the mostrodome after getting the ingredients for it's tedious recipe whiich took me months xd. However, i feel the monstrodome can be improved by adding good drops from the bosses after all to get the boss summon cards takes a lot of battling and once they are removed from the monstrodome the card is destroyed. So i feel the drops we get from the bosses we have hustled to summon should be better than just 70xp and 33gold. After all the point of battling a boss is to get something like a quest to be completed or to get good loot so the monstrodome which again i must say is tedious to craft should help as a shortcut to farming favorite bosses and having a good time with friends. This would really encourage people to craft and use the monstrodome with others

Devin Mistmender
level 74 balance