Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Perhaps Tone Down the Mobs?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 26, 2009
415
Vanessa Mythdust on Dec 2, 2016 wrote:
I'm glad that you seem to be enjoying the way Mirage is now, but that doesn't mean everyone else is. Just take a look at all the earlier posts in this thread by people who have already left the game or are seriously considering it.

No, I don't think the game should be a walk in the park, but I do think it should be do-able by everyone. It is supposed to be a family game after all. Not everyone has the time to meet-up with friends to help them nor should they have to. I also don't think that if people have trouble in groups someone is "not pulling their own weight." There are many reasons why a battle might be difficult for someone to complete, and blaming it on another player is not the answer. We should be supporting each other and trying to help them, not abandoning them because they may not be performing as well as you would like. Everyone has different game experiences and has fun in their own way.

Based on your gear, I think it's safe to assume that you're more on the hardcore side of the gaming spectrum. You dedicate time to farm for the best gear and like the increased difficulty. There's nothing wrong with that ... all I ask is that you keep an open mind. Not everyone plays the game like you do, and some people don't have the time and energy to farm for the best gear.

You pointed out that you thought your gearset is "common level 100+ gear." I actually somewhat agree with you, and I think that helps illustrate the problem that I've been trying to address. If casual players don't have the time to farm Darkmoor, and Darkmoor gear has become the new norm, where have the casual players gone? They're disappearing ... and that's not a good thing.

I know you like the difficulty of Mirage, but if people are leaving because of it, isn't that bad for the game? Would you rather have a difficult world that you personally love, but have the game suffer for it? Or would you rather sacrifice some difficulty for a more healthier and growing game?

~Vanessa Mythdust
"No, I don't think the game should be a walk in the park, but I do think it should be do-able by everyone. It is supposed to be a family game after all"

This is where (while I respect your opinion) I disagree with you. What you are saying is that as a casual player that may not have the time, energy or inclination (as some like to put it) to do the things that hardcore players do to achieve the success they are having moving through Mirage, It should be made even easier (It's already been nerfed from test). So that everyone is guaranteed the ability to pass it. What other things do you do casually that have the same results as someone that puts more time and effort into it then you do?

But it's a family game.

That it seems, means to many people that no matter how increasingly powerful we get, no matter how many levels we raise, no content now or produced in the future, should ever have a difficulty that causes us to die more then we are used to. Or prevents us from being able to finish it without us having to make some changes to adapt to it. This should be story based content, not challenge based content. I should be able to defeat everything I encounter. Regardless of my gear or what I put in my deck and how I use it, and it should not be able to kill me. That's having fun enjoying the story.

I'm sorry, I just can't get there.

Now I do think that the drop rates could use some increasing even more so that casual players have a better chance to have the best gear so that they aren't required to farm as much. But I have a feeling that even if we all had the best gear there would still be complaints and people saying I'm quitting.

And I'm totally fine with people quitting. Because I have. Many times. Some one pointed out to me in another thread Dr. Von quit. I'm sure some of you have left the game too. Yet here we all are, yet again, posting on another thread. Everyone of us here may not be hardcore players, but we all are hardcore fans of this game. They'll be back.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3171
Vanessa Mythdust on Dec 2, 2016 wrote:
I'm glad that you seem to be enjoying the way Mirage is now, but that doesn't mean everyone else is. Just take a look at all the earlier posts in this thread by people who have already left the game or are seriously considering it.

No, I don't think the game should be a walk in the park, but I do think it should be do-able by everyone. It is supposed to be a family game after all. Not everyone has the time to meet-up with friends to help them nor should they have to. I also don't think that if people have trouble in groups someone is "not pulling their own weight." There are many reasons why a battle might be difficult for someone to complete, and blaming it on another player is not the answer. We should be supporting each other and trying to help them, not abandoning them because they may not be performing as well as you would like. Everyone has different game experiences and has fun in their own way.

Based on your gear, I think it's safe to assume that you're more on the hardcore side of the gaming spectrum. You dedicate time to farm for the best gear and like the increased difficulty. There's nothing wrong with that ... all I ask is that you keep an open mind. Not everyone plays the game like you do, and some people don't have the time and energy to farm for the best gear.

You pointed out that you thought your gearset is "common level 100+ gear." I actually somewhat agree with you, and I think that helps illustrate the problem that I've been trying to address. If casual players don't have the time to farm Darkmoor, and Darkmoor gear has become the new norm, where have the casual players gone? They're disappearing ... and that's not a good thing.

I know you like the difficulty of Mirage, but if people are leaving because of it, isn't that bad for the game? Would you rather have a difficult world that you personally love, but have the game suffer for it? Or would you rather sacrifice some difficulty for a more healthier and growing game?

~Vanessa Mythdust
You pointed out that you thought your gearset is "common level 100+ gear." I actually somewhat agree with you, and I think that helps illustrate the problem that I've been trying to address. If casual players don't have the time to farm Darkmoor, and Darkmoor gear has become the new norm, where have the casual players gone? They're disappearing ... and that's not a good thing.

you nailed it, vanessa, and i agree here as well.

of my 4 level 100+ wizards, only one has a full set of darkmoor gear. it took me almost a year to get, and the only reason i did it was to see how it would compare to my other wizards' crafted/dropped gear in future worlds.

put simply, the wizard with the darkmoor gear is the only one who has a fighting chance of surviving polaris and/or mirage. i wouldn't dream of questing in mirage on my others, because they simply don't have the stats required to survive. and, if this is the new norm, it's little wonder that most of the casual players have disappeared.

-von

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
78
Mr Talon on Nov 29, 2016 wrote:
1. Have different difficulty zones or servers.

This is an awesome idea and I wish it could be a reality. I've seen it mentioned somewhere that someone plays MMO's that have these features. I actually do too. What they failed to mention was that those games launched with this feature, it wasn't added in years down the line. I'm not saying it's impossible to add but it's not something that's just going to be tossed in before mirage goes live. This is going to require a major overhaul if it can be done at all.

2. Tone down mobs.

There is this saying you have that you've posted in these forums over the years has kept me from complaining about a few things and made me try harder when things weren't going my way. Time for people to put on their big wizard pants and find a way to make it work. I'm sure it's not 100% accurate quote but I think it applies. We are 110 going to 120.
It is hard, it is not impossible however.

3. Have optional challenge dungeons

Again great idea and KI started this with darkmoor, I think we could use more difficult dungeons if storyline content is made easier. The flipside is we get 3 updates per year, one major two minor and only the major one do we get new story content. So we either get story content or harder dungeon content once a year. which is going to alienate causal players more? This is a leaner Kingsisle now, a lot of people were let go. These suggestions while great aren't something that's realistic. If I was Leah Ruben(Professor Falmea), I'd be like hell yeah lets do that. But I'm not nor do I know what constraints she's under to get new content out.
1. they actually can lower the difficulty by decreasing the amount of minions or no minions whatsoever. but otherwise I agree.

2. yep. casual players will have problems. I have seen this in pre-nerf Azteca. amazing how storm mobs there would wipe out a whole team of players. especially in Alto Alto and Twin Giants.

3. agreed. however they made those optional dungeons not so optional as the gear is needed.

offhand KI should know better by the progress of the casual players. past results should be an indications of what the players can handle. they did well with Polaris.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
166
My sister and I have not even done Darkmoor. Its too complex for her and its too stressful for me (plus finding a group is stressful too). Farming for the best gear in the game is out of the question for us. We have no problem passing up on this. We don't care that there is some content that is beyond our capabilities, but now Mirage is too difficult for us without it having the best gear. We have not left yet, but it is a very strong possibility. If we cannot complete the main story quests of Mirage, what is the point of playing this game? This is becoming less and less of a family game and more and more of a game for hardcore gamers. That may be fine for some people, but KI is going to lose money, which means the game is going to suffer or even end. They need to balance out the content.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
166
Something else, a suggestion.

There was a game I played that had you play through the content at a level that was good for players of all types. It was known as normal mode. After you successfully completed the game you unlocked hard mode. You could then play the game again at a much more difficult level and earn better rewards and gear.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
14
I was so excited when I heard about the new world. I had quit playing the game for about a year and only came back tonight to see Mirage. Well forget about seeing the new world -- I am a solo death wizard with no Darkmoor gear or spells and have not been able to get past the FIRST MOB! Despite almost 3 hours of trying! My gear isn't too bad -- I craft gear and I do the sockets and stuff but still -- no way I can do this world solo. What the heck, Kingsisle ?????

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
1
I have begun to quest solo in Mirage as a Prodigious fire with DM + Rat gear and a mediocre pet, and I can see where everyone is coming from when they say that Mirage is too hardcore. Many of the mobs land critical hits, stack blades, and have double school set shields. Questing in Mirage almost requires you to have at least 2 wizards with DM gear.

My main complaint is about the need for good gear. Darkmoor gear is only an option for people who have the time and money to farm for it. Back when WW gear was the meta, crafted gear was a suitable replacement for it. But right now, there are no real alternatives to DM gear and the mobs in Mirage wreck you if you don't have it.

I think that a really easy way to fix this is for KI to improve the assistants (like Ozzy). For example, an assistant should give you... lets say +10% resist, +30% damage, and +10% pierce. This could help out a lot of people who are unable to farm for good gear, and allow those hardcore players who wish to solo to successfully do so. In areas that have really easy mobs, KI could just get rid of the assistant in that area so that the battles aren't too easy. The assistant addition in Khrysalis was really great, but it just isn't being used as well as it could be used right now in Mirage to tone down the difficulty.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
165
xwagnerx10 on Dec 2, 2016 wrote:
I don't have this problem. The mobs aren't that hard. I'm a Fire wiz with full Malistaire gear, alpha and omega ring, blade of felled titan, fortune teller's eternal gaze, and a pretty decent damage pet with fairy and sprite. this is kind of common level 100+ gear for people to have from what i can see but a lot of people also have a better pet, athame, and ring than I do. I still never had a problem. they do hit kind of hard, but thats the point in my opinion. you want them to be too easy to kill? it would make the game boring and a walk in the park. though, it kind of is a walk in the park, but on a stormy day. i don't see a change in the mobs needed in terms of health, pips, spells, etc. just get friends to quest with and you will never have a problem (if you do, someone in the group is weighing everyone else down and not pulling their own weight). i dont even use my life mastery most of the time because its just not needed. i can build up quickly and hit hard enough without losing half of my health.
You know, I respect this guy. He appreciates the hard difficulty so kudos to you.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
613
I think KI has come to the conclusion that they don't know how to make this game appeal to the most potential customers in the gaming community anymore.

They've over-complicated the game with so many different things, and I get it. We're moving forward, things need to advance and change to keep people from feeling like the game has gone stale. Critical, critical block, armour piercing... they need to incorporate all of these things into new challenges in order to make them all relevant. It can't just be straightforward like before when all you had was damage modifiers and resistance.

But it's too much for some people, especially when their ability to incorporate some of those abilities is handicapped by the money they're able to spend on horde/lore packs, or whether or not they can incessantly grind through dungeons and/or boss duels for nothing more than a chance to get the gear they need that has the stats required to be successful.

That said, I for one am somewhat grateful that they've finally decided to rip the band aid off. There were glimpses that they might make the game appealing to players like me once again, but it appears that any hope I had has been crushed, so at least now I know where I stand instead of being caught in the middle.

I'll play until my membership expires early next year and then leave the game for the players who enjoy the direction it's going. Truth be told, I should probably do something better with my life than sit around playing a game anyway.

Moderator
Mr Talon on Dec 2, 2016 wrote:
"No, I don't think the game should be a walk in the park, but I do think it should be do-able by everyone. It is supposed to be a family game after all"

This is where (while I respect your opinion) I disagree with you. What you are saying is that as a casual player that may not have the time, energy or inclination (as some like to put it) to do the things that hardcore players do to achieve the success they are having moving through Mirage, It should be made even easier (It's already been nerfed from test). So that everyone is guaranteed the ability to pass it. What other things do you do casually that have the same results as someone that puts more time and effort into it then you do?

But it's a family game.

That it seems, means to many people that no matter how increasingly powerful we get, no matter how many levels we raise, no content now or produced in the future, should ever have a difficulty that causes us to die more then we are used to. Or prevents us from being able to finish it without us having to make some changes to adapt to it. This should be story based content, not challenge based content. I should be able to defeat everything I encounter. Regardless of my gear or what I put in my deck and how I use it, and it should not be able to kill me. That's having fun enjoying the story.

I'm sorry, I just can't get there.

Now I do think that the drop rates could use some increasing even more so that casual players have a better chance to have the best gear so that they aren't required to farm as much. But I have a feeling that even if we all had the best gear there would still be complaints and people saying I'm quitting.

And I'm totally fine with people quitting. Because I have. Many times. Some one pointed out to me in another thread Dr. Von quit. I'm sure some of you have left the game too. Yet here we all are, yet again, posting on another thread. Everyone of us here may not be hardcore players, but we all are hardcore fans of this game. They'll be back.
I think you make a very fair argument. For the record, I consider myself a hardcore player. I run a helping group that assists people with difficult instances, I have a full set of Darkmoor gear, I blog about the game, and I even cheat test new bosses and dungeons to make guides for the community (which I will be posting here as well). My point is, although I can get through Mirage, I'm worried that between Darkmoor, The Rat, and now Mirage, casual players might leave for good.

So believe me when I say that I respect your opinion and can see where you're coming from. I just hope it doesn't hurt the game in the long run.

~Vanessa Mythdust

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1418
Thank you so much Vanessa M for this topic!
I feel this community is so warm and welcoming.

Many game communities I would never join because I see comments in their forums or elsewhere online, from players, degrading 'casual players' even to the extent that casual players are called bad names.

Anything that brings a game company more players brings more money which in turn keeps a game existing and updating. And most people probably are casual players by the more hardcore gamers' definition of it.

For me it's entertainment. I want a puzzle or a challenge or something that draws me in and involves me but I don't want to feel frustrated very long and I don't want to feel bored or swamped with tedium. This game strikes a good balance for the most part (so far. I'm not a max player.) The one area I feel could be worked on are the mini games (including pet training).

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
578
The jump between Polaris and Mirage is huge. A mob in Mirage has the same health as a boss in Polaris. Also, most of the mobs in Polaris have around 2k health I believe. I'm fighting a mob with 9k health right now so I think that's a little overboard for trying to make Mirage more difficult for all players.

Delver
Mar 13, 2010
299
Dr Von on Dec 1, 2016 wrote:
casual players were left behind long ago.

still, this is what i (and others) have been saying for years: the main storyline quests should be just enough that your average player- someone who doesn't have tons of spare time, a full buddy list, or thousands of crowns- can complete it without difficulty. but we were told by the hardcore players to leave it alone because *they* were happy with the way things were.

i'm in college and can't play during the school year; therefore, i end up doing most things alone, and finding a team for the things i can't do myself, either because of cheats or difficulty level, is next to impossible.

i haven't gotten too far yet. but i just got my back end handed to me by 2 mobs who were hitting me for ~1100-2000 damage every couple of rounds (blade stacking, pierce, the bubble that's there without being cast)... and i haven't even left caravan yet.

have i mentioned that the mobs critical constantly?
(i'd love to be able to block just one)

now that community leaders and the hardcore players who were formerly against us are now speaking out against this, maybe kingsisle will start listening... i'd love for the game to be fun again.

-von
I disagree with the "without difficulty" but I do agree with just about everything else.
As we level up, there is nothing wrong with mobs that you die against and have to attempt a second or a third time. There is nothing wrong with having to adjust decks and strategies to succeed.
There is something wrong when having done these things, one still can't succeed.

I also have issues with the fact that players who I respect are saying that one must have Darkmoor gear to succeed. As there was no crafted equivalent in Polaris, some are questing in Khrysalis crafted (I'm okay with needing the best crafted available to survive) but when the optional has become necessary, I object.

I was one who never thought that would be necessary.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
4
I hate Mirage. There. I said it, and I'm glad I said it. I love the game Wizard 101. I have played it since the first month it came online. I have six wizards, I play with family members who have theirs. I've spent a lot of money.

Am I done, now?

I don't want a game where I "have" to buy a minion (constantly) to live. I already pay for the monthly membership, the 39 dollar and 29 dollar gift cards they sell at Game Stop, and the like.

I'm a level 110 Life Wizard who can't make it through a street fight without dying.

If I heal, I have no pips to hit with, if I hit, I have no pips to heal with. Lowly mob fighters hit too hard, too often for critical, and spend too few pips to do it. In the time it takes me to set up a 'good' hit, I'm dead. (I have 6000 plus life points, but that doesn't matter when you're getting hit for 2 K a round.)

It's not fun, anymore.

I don't mind a boss fight being hard, or something you have to 'plan' for, deck-wise. But this? Do I need to change my armor EVERY TIME I fight, just to have some protection against myth/death/ etcetera? That's not a fun game to play, that's a distraction.

I can't even imagine trying this with my 110 level fire wizard. (Who can't heal near enough, now.)

Heals and minions are now no good because they're simply too weak, compared to what's hitting you.

As weeks go on, this world will become a lot of solo quests, just like every other world has.

Life was 'tough' to run because from level 1-45, you didn't have ONE 'group' hit. You had to grind it out, in a dungeon, especially solo. But you could do it. It was fun, as long as you had a lot of time to devote to a dungeon crawl.

When others join your battle, they sit back and don't hit, because they KNOW when they do, they'll be targeted. (That's just strategy. Not 'nice' strategy, but it's there.) So they build up, while whatever they brought in fireballs/group hits and helps kill you.

"Hardcore" gamers have their venues. This has lost its 'family' appeal and its fun.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
233
Omg, please Don't tone down the mobs or nerf the world. Its been so long since we had a real challenge. The easy factor was really starting to make it boring. As we level up it makes sense that things should be more difficult. Step up your game, or stay in the lower levels. Please leave it alone.
Amber

Survivor
May 16, 2010
4
I didn't read the entire thread but here's my thoughts on normal mobs, either KI gave them an ignore resist capability or they ramped up their damage obscenely. As a ice wiz with full Malistaire set I still get hit hard with non bladed, no critical spells (1000-1500 range) and I have almost 60% general resist. I don't know if I'm "hardcore" or not but I did farm darkmoor till I got my gear. So yea either tone down a normal mob damage or give us a way to acquire gear to compensate for it. As far as I can see none of the new crafted gear is better than the Darkmoor set

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
613
Mr Talon on Dec 2, 2016 wrote:
"No, I don't think the game should be a walk in the park, but I do think it should be do-able by everyone. It is supposed to be a family game after all"

This is where (while I respect your opinion) I disagree with you. What you are saying is that as a casual player that may not have the time, energy or inclination (as some like to put it) to do the things that hardcore players do to achieve the success they are having moving through Mirage, It should be made even easier (It's already been nerfed from test). So that everyone is guaranteed the ability to pass it. What other things do you do casually that have the same results as someone that puts more time and effort into it then you do?

But it's a family game.

That it seems, means to many people that no matter how increasingly powerful we get, no matter how many levels we raise, no content now or produced in the future, should ever have a difficulty that causes us to die more then we are used to. Or prevents us from being able to finish it without us having to make some changes to adapt to it. This should be story based content, not challenge based content. I should be able to defeat everything I encounter. Regardless of my gear or what I put in my deck and how I use it, and it should not be able to kill me. That's having fun enjoying the story.

I'm sorry, I just can't get there.

Now I do think that the drop rates could use some increasing even more so that casual players have a better chance to have the best gear so that they aren't required to farm as much. But I have a feeling that even if we all had the best gear there would still be complaints and people saying I'm quitting.

And I'm totally fine with people quitting. Because I have. Many times. Some one pointed out to me in another thread Dr. Von quit. I'm sure some of you have left the game too. Yet here we all are, yet again, posting on another thread. Everyone of us here may not be hardcore players, but we all are hardcore fans of this game. They'll be back.
The only thing I disagree with you on is the present tense assertion that, "we all are hardcore fans of this game."

You're right, I did leave once. It was around this time last year. I cancelled my membership. I came back in March.

The game doesn't have the same draw to me as it did 6 years ago when I bought my first membership, or even as recently as 3 years ago before Aquila came out. I'm not a hardcore fan anymore. These days I don't really play this game because I enjoy it. It has just become more of a habit, like smoking was; a habit I kicked 15 years ago when I finally decided I'd had enough.

Will I come back again after my membership expires in March? I guess we'll see.

I can tell you this much, I don't appreciate being taken for granted. This idea that I'll just keep coming back no matter what because this game is somehow more significant than anything else I could possibly be doing with the time I spend playing it... that just makes me want to leave even more.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
165
AmberRavenSong7 on Dec 4, 2016 wrote:
Omg, please Don't tone down the mobs or nerf the world. Its been so long since we had a real challenge. The easy factor was really starting to make it boring. As we level up it makes sense that things should be more difficult. Step up your game, or stay in the lower levels. Please leave it alone.
Amber
Thank you!!

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
2
Omg Yes!! I just got the level 118 fire spell, And it literally took me s whole day of trying with breaks in between from frustration. 1 fire minion 5K health, and 1 fire boss 15k health. On the first turn they hit me and took almost 2 k health! I didnt even have time to set up a hit and BOOM i was dead :( Even tried with henchmen and they was killed on the 2nd round! It was ridiculous! I like a challenge as well as the next person But seriously??! Finally bought a lvl 120 Life henchmen and my fire minion and finally beat the lil demons. I dont even play if my best friend isnt on because its pointless. The Mobs are insane in health in spells. No way I could do this alone and i started this game playing solo. I did so until Polaris besides main boss fights :/

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3171
AmberRavenSong7 on Dec 4, 2016 wrote:
Omg, please Don't tone down the mobs or nerf the world. Its been so long since we had a real challenge. The easy factor was really starting to make it boring. As we level up it makes sense that things should be more difficult. Step up your game, or stay in the lower levels. Please leave it alone.
Amber
it's great that *you* are happy with how things are. but what about people who don't have your resources (by which i mean a full set of darkmoor gear, tons of free time, and a full buddy list)?

this is precisely the hardcore mindset that's hurting casual players. basically, "we're okay with this, ergo your opinion doesn't matter, peasant" is what i hear when i read posts like these. so condescending, utterly obnoxious, and elitist to the max.

being on winter break means that i have time to stay up all night to benefit from team up or meet with (competent) friends who are in different time zones, which is great. but the only thing saving mirage for me right now is that, no matter how hard it is, my finals are harder. and, since i'm going into all 4 exams with decent grades, perhaps i'll stand a chance of finishing this world with my sanity intact.

to be clear, i am not struggling. but i'm not having fun either.

-von
prodigious something-or-other, honours student, filthy casual

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
657
Heuna on Dec 3, 2016 wrote:
Something else, a suggestion.

There was a game I played that had you play through the content at a level that was good for players of all types. It was known as normal mode. After you successfully completed the game you unlocked hard mode. You could then play the game again at a much more difficult level and earn better rewards and gear.
Heuna, I like the way you think! Can you imagine being transported to the best fit game intensity level ideally suited for your wizard; all with the click of a button! Its easy enough to change realms every 60 seconds; so why not also be able to change difficultly levels too. This way folks who can play and handle candy land level game content are able to fully enjoy the game at their speed, while those with a taste for cradle to grave, ceiling to floor intensity magnified to infinity plus one; can have that too!

Survivor
Aug 14, 2013
23
Woohoo! Ki totally listened to me and made mirage a lot harder then polaris.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
578
I think many of the people here are not thinking about how the difficulty of this world effects others (yes there are other people who play this game who are not hardcore players). This thread already has had so many people say exactly what I have said and what I am going to say. Worlds should be getting more difficult as we move along in the game but not as difficult as this has gotten. At this moment I am speaking for other players, I didn't find Mirage as difficult as many others have but I can see why it can be very difficult. This is a family game, if it's a family game it means for all ages. Mirage seems like the kind of world that a younger kid would have problems questing in, extremely large problems. This world can be nerfed, definitely.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
233
Dr Von on Dec 5, 2016 wrote:
it's great that *you* are happy with how things are. but what about people who don't have your resources (by which i mean a full set of darkmoor gear, tons of free time, and a full buddy list)?

this is precisely the hardcore mindset that's hurting casual players. basically, "we're okay with this, ergo your opinion doesn't matter, peasant" is what i hear when i read posts like these. so condescending, utterly obnoxious, and elitist to the max.

being on winter break means that i have time to stay up all night to benefit from team up or meet with (competent) friends who are in different time zones, which is great. but the only thing saving mirage for me right now is that, no matter how hard it is, my finals are harder. and, since i'm going into all 4 exams with decent grades, perhaps i'll stand a chance of finishing this world with my sanity intact.

to be clear, i am not struggling. but i'm not having fun either.

-von
prodigious something-or-other, honours student, filthy casual
You make a lot of assumptions about my "resources" that are not true. I do have good gear, which I won/bought like everyone else. The simple fact is, I am good at the game.I have good pets and good friends. Darkmoor was boring now, and KI was about to lose me to something more challenging. I like the challenge of this new world,and I am far from the only one. You call me obnoxious and condescending, but I was not, I stated my opinion and nothing more. That was pretty rude of you, and it bums me out. I have never seen you attack anyone like that Von I am sorry you read into my words things which were not there. I am sorry your finals are hard. I still don't want the world nerfed. Sadly, you and I both know that they will probably nerf it just like they nerfed Azteca. It would be nice if they gave us some kind of badge for pre nerf conquer. I have offered to help you before Von, and still would, but we just don't play at the same times. Still. Be well, and remember to be kind.
Amber

Mastermind
Sep 01, 2009
388
AmberRavenSong7 on Dec 4, 2016 wrote:
Omg, please Don't tone down the mobs or nerf the world. Its been so long since we had a real challenge. The easy factor was really starting to make it boring. As we level up it makes sense that things should be more difficult. Step up your game, or stay in the lower levels. Please leave it alone.
Amber
"Step up your game, or stay in the lower levels." Um...that's pretty pretentious and condescending, Amber. I'm a level 110 ice who simply doesn't have the time to farm Darkmoor over and over again. I tried soloing Mirage, and couldn't get past the first boss. So I guess, in your world, I should "stay in the lower levels."

Or I could simply accept KI doesn't give a rat's patootie about casual players anymore, and amass a plethora of mega snacks from gardening, and fish for wands in Zafaria.

Kudos to you for having great gear, a great pet, and tons of wizard friends. KI adores players like you; players like me-not so much.