Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mirage

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 07, 2012
Hi guys,

I haven't been really keeping up with the updates KI has been doing, so what this new world about? Thanks to anyone to replies!

--Fiona

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Fiona FairySong on Dec 8, 2016 wrote:
Hi guys,

I haven't been really keeping up with the updates KI has been doing, so what this new world about? Thanks to anyone to replies!

--Fiona
You can usually see all the game's updates on the actual website here, but I'll allow my other fellow wizards to give their input on the world before I give mine :P

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
It's amazing, that's all I can say. I highly recommend you give this world a try, its the best world and update in years

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Mirage is an amazing, fun, and challenge cool new world to explore with a fabulous theme; think Aladdin, Genies and Arabian Nights!

What different about Mirage over other worlds:

• Mobs and bosses have much higher health, resistance, ratings, shadow magic, and know how to bring a lot of damage.
  • As you follow the main storyline, a new spell becomes available to you at level 118
  • Gaining access to better vendor items, requires you to fight specific mobs (defeat 50 of this, defeat 100 of that, etc...).
  • New quests to find 5 Cactus Blossoms and 5 Midday at the Oasis
  • Critical and block ratings continue to adjust down as you level
  • No stand out, impressive new gear or weapons available yet
Is there any advice you'd give to anyone new to Mirage?
  • Be flexible and adapt to new game changes
  • Pack shield spells in your deck
  • Search the forum and other websites for guides and strategies how to fight new bosses
  • Remember to have fun as you explore and experience Mirage

Survivor
Oct 23, 2015
Its a great world, me and my questing buddy love it! Its about this group called the cabal (who are unwittingly helping old cob) and are trying to.... well destroy the spiral funnily enough. I don't wanna spoil things for you lol. You need a team to do it though and your critical will drop a bit unfortunately, but on a whole its a very nice addition.

Defender
Dec 07, 2012
This sounds like a really nice world!! Thanks for the feedback.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Mirage's storyline and graphics are really quite good. The challenge level is high. If you have good gear and are a good, strategic player, you'll have a lot of fun. If your gear isn't well-chosen, or you play in a more casual way, the duels can get very rough. (As you can see in other posts, the community is pretty divided on whether challenge was done correctly.)

The gear from Mirage is pretty underwhelming. Not exactly bad, but not noticeably better than Darkmoor gear from 20 levels ago.