Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance school= WAY TOO POWERFUL!! (UPDATED)

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 25, 2010
****about the buffs: Balance wizards have WAY too many buffs. Some waste training points to get fient. With that they are liabel to destroy one in the warlord outfit with spirit armor on!

About judgement: Wizards of the high enough level to get judgement ( level 38 ) also have a exeptional power pip chance. The limit of pips is seven. But with power pips, the limit is fourteen pips. This means that a granmaster balance could have all power pips and do probably 1750 damage with no buffs at all! One time one hit me with a buffed up, full pip judgement and it did 3100 something with a spirit armor! That is outragious! Especially if they shield too much and you can't destroy them in time to save yourself! Please do not complain about being weak sorcerers you are already the strongest school.
i dont care about judge. this balance killed me with 2 different towers on and she has 3,506 health ONLY ICE SHOULD HAVE THAT HEALTH. and the judge still did 7,005 with 2 different towers on! balance is outrageous. if KI doesnt do anything about this i will. i suggest 2 options for balance.
(1) get rid of judge
(2) get rid of balance altogether. ****

Ok, dude, this is totally messed up, and I can give you a few good reasons why.
1) The other schools have spells that are way more powerful than Judge. Have you been up against the level 58 spells? I can't survive the Storm one. One hit and I'm gone. (I'm a Legendary Sorceror, btw.) Do I complain? No, because that's just part of the game. You get used to it. I can't survive most of the 48+ spells. Not because I'm weak, but because those spells are more powerful than I can handle.
2) Get rid of an entire class? Are you serious? How is that fair? It's not, and you know it. You go into a fight, knowing what might happen, and yet you aren't prepared for it. Have you stopped to consider why you can't defeat a Balance student? Could it be because you're ill-prepared? Is your deck equipped properly to handle the strain?
When you are defeated, do you just run off to complain about it, or do you analyze the battle to see where you might have defeated the person in question? Do you learn from your mistakes? Do you try to improve your strategy?
Don't blame an entire school for your failures. Don't just run to the boards and start complaining that this school is too much for you when you don't even bother to improve your skills. And don't expect to win every fight. When I go in, I give it what I got, and if you can't compete with my skills and strategy, then don't blame me. I have already been there and done that. I learn from my mistakes, and I take the advice that I find here in the boards. I have learned a lot from these boards, and you could too, if you took the time to read them.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
I'm I think a level 26 Balance wizard. I don't really use shields and buffs. I haven't gotten Judgment yet, I don't think my character is powerful anyway. I keep dying in the Tomb of Storms.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
I am NO balance wizard (thinking about starting one), but i do know that balance wizards have exactly no good attack spells to rely on but shields, shields, wards, etc. This is actually a spell that they can use with those wards.
Plus, since judgement does 100 per pip (if i am correct), judgement should do 600 damage for 6 pips, which is pretty normal. I am pretty sure that until further notice (rank 9 or rank 10 spells), judgement will remain the only good attacking spell. But I do understand a little about what you're saying, but don't worry, if you use just the right strategy, you may be almost unbeatable one day!

:-) Justin Titanwraith, Legendary Pyromancer :-)

I am REALLY surprised that you didn't complain about heck hound! You get it at an early level as a fire wizard, and it does a certain amount of damage but 3 times!

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
Must disagree.
Balance is not overpowered, for myself, a life, who has a balance, and uses judgement
My friends love it when use judge!
taking it out wont do any good at all!

So take in consideration before you post!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Written by IvoryJade:
"When you are defeated, do you just run off to complain about it, or do you analyze the battle to see where you might have defeated the person in question?
Do you learn from your mistakes?
Do you try to improve your strategy?
Don't blame an entire school for your failures. Don't just run to the boards and start complaining that this school is too much for you when you don't even bother to improve your skills.
And don't expect to win every fight. When I go in, I give it what I got, and if you can't compete with my skills and strategy, then don't blame me.
I have already been there and done that. I learn from my mistakes, and I take the advice that I find here in the boards.
I have learned a lot from these boards, and you could too, if you took the time to read them."

IvoryJade,

That is one of the best post I have ever read, bar none...... thanks.

Joseph LionHunter.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Merekid wrote:
alyshaya wrote:
Ok I do ranked matches and i once in a while get hooked up with sorcerers. They always use too many shields and weaknesses. Then they use too many buffs and use judgement with too many pips.

About the shields: Along with ice wizards, balance wizards have tremendous amounts of health. And when they shield too much as they ALWAYS do, there victory is completely, and yes completely inevitable!

about the buffs: Balance wizards have WAY too many buffs. Some waste training points to get fient. With that they are liabel to destroy one in the warlord outfit with spirit armor on!

About judgement: Wizards of the high enough level to get judgement ( level 38) also have a exeptional power pip chance. The limit of pips is seven. But with power pips, the limit is fourteen pips. This means that a granmaster balance could have all power pips and do probably 1750 damage with no buffs at all! One time one hit me with a buffed up, full pip judgement and it did 3100 something with a spirit armor! That is outragious! Especially if they shield too much and you can't destroy them in time to save yourself! Please do not complain about being weak sorcerers you are already the strongest school. You lowered my ranked rating to 190!

KI should do something to limit shields or judgement, do you agree?

Hmm....
My friend used a Raith in battle and it did over 5,000.
Wild Bolt is 1,000 for 2 pips.
Storm Lord is a lot a damage for all enemies.
Helephant, if used right can do a lot too.
Centaur is a strong spell if used right.
Ice Colossus, altho not the strongest ice spell, can work very nicely if used with buffs.

The point is, Judgement isn't the only powerful spell. It takes a while to get a bunch of pips and some buffs actually cost a pip.

Did you know that clothes give resistance? They also give health and mana.
At level 12 I was able to have over 1,000 health because of my equipment. And I'm sure we all know how VERY high that is for a level 12.

I am working on leveling a new life wizard who is now level 15, and I don't really see a health diference. That leads me to conclude that there isn't really much of, if any, health diference for schools.

So please just have fun in arena instead of getting upset. It's just a game and shouldn't ruin your day.

Good luck and I hope you win lots of matches!

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice

Your talking about low level health difference. When you get up to grand and legendary its way off from health. Ice can have over 4,000 health while some storm have about 2,300.

Historian
May 01, 2010
alyshaya wrote:
Ok I do ranked matches and i once in a while get hooked up with sorcerers. They always use too many shields and weaknesses. Then they use too many buffs and use judgement with too many pips.

About the shields: Along with ice wizards, balance wizards have tremendous amounts of health. And when they shield too much as they ALWAYS do, there victory is completely, and yes completely inevitable!

about the buffs: Balance wizards have WAY too many buffs. Some waste training points to get fient. With that they are liabel to destroy one in the warlord outfit with spirit armor on!

About judgement: Wizards of the high enough level to get judgement ( level 38 ) also have a exeptional power pip chance. The limit of pips is seven. But with power pips, the limit is fourteen pips. This means that a granmaster balance could have all power pips and do probably 1750 damage with no buffs at all! One time one hit me with a buffed up, full pip judgement and it did 3100 something with a spirit armor! That is outragious! Especially if they shield too much and you can't destroy them in time to save yourself! Please do not complain about being weak sorcerers you are already the strongest school. You lowered my ranked rating to 190!

EDIT:

Yea, it's true. It's not that balance is too powerful, it's that I'm too weak. Does somebody know how to beat someone with two many storm shields, everyone is freaked out about storm being SOOOOOOO dangerous that they shield me out! Somebody give me some tips! I am desperate! :? :(

I do not have the crowns to buy back my training points. Tell me what to include or exclude from my deck.

how many training points do you have? if you have two left, train up to fire elf in fire, and get the mutation into storm elf from the bazaar

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
alyshaya wrote:
EDIT:

Yea, it's true. It's not that balance is too powerful, it's that I'm too weak. Does somebody know how to beat someone with two many storm shields, everyone is freaked out about storm being SOOOOOOO dangerous that they shield me out! Somebody give me some tips! I am desperate! :? :(

I do not have the crowns to buy back my training points. Tell me what to include or exclude from my deck.

I suggest storm prisms. For Balance, it makes them cast two sets of shields because they don't know if it will do spirit damage or elemental damage. It also means that if they have LOTS of strong storm shields (70% dual, or 80% single), they aren't nearly as likely to be able to pull up strong myth shields to go with. Couple that with a myth damage wand, and you're good to go without damaging your big storm damage setup. :D

Survivor
May 24, 2010
alyshaya wrote:

About judgement: Wizards of the high enough level to get judgement ( level 38 ) also have a exeptional power pip chance. The limit of pips is seven. But with power pips, the limit is fourteen pips. This means that a granmaster balance could have all power pips and do probably 1750 damage with no buffs at all! One time one hit me with a buffed up, full pip judgement and it did 3100 something with a spirit armor! That is outragious! Especially if they shield too much and you can't destroy them in time to save yourself! Please do not complain about being weak sorcerers you are already the strongest school. You lowered my ranked rating to 190!

EDIT:

I am a sorcerer, and I do use a lot of shields and weaknesses, but we don't have that much life. I do use judgment some times. But I have lost four out of five times. KI doesn't need to limit shields or judgment.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
i completely agree balance is so cheap. It takes one blade one hex a few shields and balance kicks your but