Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

rank 5 hit all noob spell life school

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
iouman2013 on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
ok so I finally got my other 5 wizards to 95 and got the best armor I could now I just need to do my life wiz last but I only got to 35 and its really hard going thru the worlds in this game but anyways I saw how all the schools have a lvl 22 rank 4 hit all BUT life I thought it would be cool to weaken seraph and make it a hit all spell me and my numerous friends and people at random agree with me it should happen it would make lvling life wizards easier but eh this is just a idea from me and my friends instead of making a new spell.
just a slight correction, death doesnt get one until level 48

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
dayerider on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
I don't see how one spell would completely ruin a school, but, if you want to say that, it's your opinion and I can't blame you for it. When will you be giving life back it's Storm Current spell? After all, doesn't that take away from life's strength; healing?
storm will give life healing current back when we get imp ice beetle and all damage spells that aren't DoT or drain

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
critical blizzard on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
storm will give life healing current back when we get imp ice beetle and all damage spells that aren't DoT or drain
Now you're just being ridiculous. Why is it that you keep telling us to discard the original school descriptions when it suits your needs then you discard it when it suits your needs? I'm done debating spells with you

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
dayerider on Dec 21, 2013 wrote:
Now you're just being ridiculous. Why is it that you keep telling us to discard the original school descriptions when it suits your needs then you discard it when it suits your needs? I'm done debating spells with you
i was just stating that imp frost beetle and forest lord take away from storm as much as healing current takes away from life now for storm having healing current balance out a switch heal to damage aura would require healing current automatically heal 1000 and be 2 pips or 1 power pip instead of 3 pips or 2 power pips

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
critical blizzard on Dec 21, 2013 wrote:
i was just stating that imp frost beetle and forest lord take away from storm as much as healing current takes away from life now for storm having healing current balance out a switch heal to damage aura would require healing current automatically heal 1000 and be 2 pips or 1 power pip instead of 3 pips or 2 power pips
Speaking as a Promethean Storm, I don't see how either of these spells takes away from Storm.

As others have stated, one spell will not ruin a school. Think of it. On average, Storm has more attacking and blading/trapping powers than healing powers. One healing spell with (what I assume) is a 0.333... chance of hitting 1000 and a 0.666... chance of hitting either 100 or 400 doesn't ruin Storm. I have more attacks than my friends and I do more damage than them and it's fine.

As for Life school, I can't say I've played very far into it, but I know several friends who have. I know that even with their attack boosts and blades I still deal more damage than them on average, even with my seemingly meager attack boost of 53 percent. I never see them complain about Healing Current either, in fact, they often sometimes joke that it's nice to have a backup healer just in case

I think it's about time that we accept that school merging has to come at some point to a certain extent. While all the schools still retain some of their original features, at these high levels, sharing some of these features helps a great deal in soloing and group work. If Life needs damage to help them end battles faster, so be it. I won't complain. If I need a healing power that doesn't require a Life Mastery, so be it. I don't hear my Theurgist friends complaining.

Merging the schools to a certain extent helps those who want to deviate from a strategy typical of their school. I know that as a more defensive Storm player this would help me greatly. I know at least one of my Life friends is more offensive than me and it helps him a great deal.

I say let changes that help others stay.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Scarlet Nightdream... on Dec 22, 2013 wrote:
Speaking as a Promethean Storm, I don't see how either of these spells takes away from Storm.

As others have stated, one spell will not ruin a school. Think of it. On average, Storm has more attacking and blading/trapping powers than healing powers. One healing spell with (what I assume) is a 0.333... chance of hitting 1000 and a 0.666... chance of hitting either 100 or 400 doesn't ruin Storm. I have more attacks than my friends and I do more damage than them and it's fine.

As for Life school, I can't say I've played very far into it, but I know several friends who have. I know that even with their attack boosts and blades I still deal more damage than them on average, even with my seemingly meager attack boost of 53 percent. I never see them complain about Healing Current either, in fact, they often sometimes joke that it's nice to have a backup healer just in case

I think it's about time that we accept that school merging has to come at some point to a certain extent. While all the schools still retain some of their original features, at these high levels, sharing some of these features helps a great deal in soloing and group work. If Life needs damage to help them end battles faster, so be it. I won't complain. If I need a healing power that doesn't require a Life Mastery, so be it. I don't hear my Theurgist friends complaining.

Merging the schools to a certain extent helps those who want to deviate from a strategy typical of their school. I know that as a more defensive Storm player this would help me greatly. I know at least one of my Life friends is more offensive than me and it helps him a great deal.

I say let changes that help others stay.
well i never said they harmed it a lot but neither does healing current affect life that much

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
iouman2013 on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
i seriously think the hardest school to lvl up is life even with a mastery and another schools lower hit all so i am thinking why cant ki add a life spell that hits all and does idk 315-365 or something you know just to get life wizards by to get forest lord later in the game or something
Well, as you have all ready been corrected previously, Death does not get a multi-attack until level 48. However, Life receiving Forest Lord at level 58 does make it harder than Death. For the first, and most obvious reason, it's ten levels later, and a lot can happen in ten levels. I remember getting my Forest Lord around the end of Celestia. Don't get me wrong, I was excited to finally have an AoE.
The second reason: Pips. As for the Death school (and many other schools), you can cast your level 48 spell with simply two more pips. Scarecrow does not demand both of those pips to be power pips. Haha, now when I'm in battle, and I see I have a white pip, I know that it's going to take one more round for me to finish off the enemies (the continuous struggle). I know some may say to get a better power pip rating, but I would like you to know that my power pip rating is very well. You just get on those bad luck streaks sometimes...

Now, back to the original topic! I don't believe that a Rank 4 AoE Life Spell can just be inserted into the game now. It's far too late and would be a huge stretch for KingsIsle. As much as I wished I could have had a Rank 4 AoE spell, some part of me is glad I didn't get one. I'm now ready for the toughest of challenges because of the new strategies that I have evolved.

Good luck to all!

~Shannon Skybreaker

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
critical blizzard on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
well i never said they harmed it a lot but neither does healing current affect life that much
I would like to point out that you said "i was just stating that imp frost beetle and forest lord take away from storm as much as healing current takes away from life now for storm having healing current balance out a switch heal to damage aura would require healing current automatically heal 1000 and be 2 pips or 1 power pip instead of 3 pips or 2 power pips"

Either I misinterpreted what was said or you were saying that both schools took a something from each other. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I got out of it.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
dayerider on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
just a slight correction, death doesnt get one until level 48
I know I forgot about it I haven't been on mine in a while with the whole new world coming

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Scarlet Nightdream... on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:
I would like to point out that you said "i was just stating that imp frost beetle and forest lord take away from storm as much as healing current takes away from life now for storm having healing current balance out a switch heal to damage aura would require healing current automatically heal 1000 and be 2 pips or 1 power pip instead of 3 pips or 2 power pips"

Either I misinterpreted what was said or you were saying that both schools took a something from each other. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I got out of it.
please read the whole argument before jumping in. dayerider wants an aura to turn heals into damage that gives life nearly double double or more then double storm's damage and he said that's the equivalent of healing current being in storm. so i stated that's a lie healing current in storm is the equivalent of imp or any other weak to normal non DoT or drain outside of storm. and healing current being 1 power pip or 2 regular pips and automatically healing 1000 is the equivalent of his aura entering game.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
critical blizzard on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
please read the whole argument before jumping in. dayerider wants an aura to turn heals into damage that gives life nearly double double or more then double storm's damage and he said that's the equivalent of healing current being in storm. so i stated that's a lie healing current in storm is the equivalent of imp or any other weak to normal non DoT or drain outside of storm. and healing current being 1 power pip or 2 regular pips and automatically healing 1000 is the equivalent of his aura entering game.
I am sorry for misinterpreting what was said, but the way it was worded in some posts made it very confusing to follow. (I've been reading this thread for a few months, please keep that in mind. I did not just 'jump in' without having read the posts, I just didn't comprehend what was being said. Please don't criticize others too harshly about misinterpreting information, for it is easy to do, especially if one is confused by how things are worded.)

That being said, I have to say that the way you have worded this post confused me greatly.

I do believe that turning Life's healing into damage would be a little overpowered, just like you stated a 2 pip 1000 heal would be. While it takes some time to set up a big heal, it's also pretty easy to spam Satyrs and even with just a little incoming/outgoing they can hit 1000 health back. Converting that into damage would be the equivalent of a 4 pip spell with eight hundred to one thousand damage, which no school has without damage boosts.

That being said, Healing Current is a special spell. I do not hold it equal to Imp or any normal spell, indeed, as it is a spell that helps far more than usual. I'd hold it equal to Life's Guardian Spirit (before it was nerfed) at the very least, as it is an unusual spell for the school and it helps quite a bit in both solo and group play. It's atypical for Storm, but I do believe that, for those who choose to use it, it is a blessing from above. Two out of three times you can get at least an average heal, if not a good one and it also banks upon Storm's use of erratic hits with the third healing option being 100 health points back.

Healing Current is a unique spell and by all means, it should stay that way. Life is not getting hurt by Healing Current and neither is Storm, in fact, I see it as a mutual benefit. Life gets a backup healer if needs be and Storm can hold its own even better with their new heal.

I can see why Life wizards would be upset, but when Storm's only healing spell has a 1/3 chance of going wrong, a 1/3 chance of an average heal and a 1/3 chance of a huge heal, it really isn't that bad. Life still gets better heals and they at least know that if they need to heal, Satyr won't backfire. (It might fizzle though. )

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Scarlet Nightdream... on Dec 23, 2013 wrote:

actually, here's what was said:

critical blizzard said: still life has ok damage and good defense stats that astral spell make storm useless this idea would be like giving ice lots of health drains

Then I said: I don't see how one spell would completely ruin a school, but, if you want to say that, it's your opinion and I can't blame you for it. When will you be giving life back it's Storm Current spell? After all, doesn't that take away from life's strength; healing?

He was making the argument that ONE SPELL would ruin storm, so I asked when Storm would be giving back it's Life ruining spell.

Critical blizzard is using descriptions for schools to fit his needs:

1) In one post he says that one spell will ruin a school
2) then he says Storm's only thing is strong hits and that nobody else should have that, because that's in storm's description
3) then I bring up Healing Current, an ability (healing) nowhere in Storm's description
4) then he tells posts that those descriptions are outdated

So he's asking to maintain the descriptions as long as it will benefit him, and then throw them away when it benefits him. As others have pointed out to him, DoTs are fire's speciality yet nobody gets bent out of shape that the other schools have DoT. Life has HoT spells but I don't see lifers arguing (at least not currently) that the other schools shouldnt have them. I KNOW there's a thread going on right now talking about giving all schools healing spells.

I'm not trying to negate his opinion, I'm simply showing the truth of how things were stated, to give a bigger/better picture

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
dayerider on Dec 26, 2013 wrote:

critical blizzard said: still life has ok damage and good defense stats that astral spell make storm useless this idea would be like giving ice lots of health drains

Then I said: I don't see how one spell would completely ruin a school, but, if you want to say that, it's your opinion and I can't blame you for it. When will you be giving life back it's Storm Current spell? After all, doesn't that take away from life's strength; healing?

He was making the argument that ONE SPELL would ruin storm, so I asked when Storm would be giving back it's Life ruining spell.

2) then he says Storm's only thing is strong hits and that nobody else should have that, because that's in storm's description
3) then I bring up Healing Current, an ability (healing) nowhere in Storm's description

So he's asking to maintain the descriptions as long as it will benefit him, and then throw them away when it benefits him. As others have pointed out to him, DoTs are fire's speciality yet nobody gets bent out of shape that the other schools have DoT. Life has HoT spells but I don't see lifers arguing (at least not currently) that the other schools shouldnt have them. I KNOW there's a thread going on right now talking about giving all schools healing spells.

I'm not trying to negate his opinion, I'm simply showing the truth of how things were stated, to give a bigger/better picture
where does it say in lifes decription they get area of affect damage?

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
dayerider on Dec 26, 2013 wrote:

sorry for another reply but i took a second look at this and no scarlet got it right on the post that you quoted in the message i am quoting your words are probably why she got confused in the first place

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Scarlet Nightdream... on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
I am sorry for misinterpreting what was said, but the way it was worded in some posts made it very confusing to follow. (I've been reading this thread for a few months, please keep that in mind. I did not just 'jump in' without having read the posts, I just didn't comprehend what was being said. Please don't criticize others too harshly about misinterpreting information, for it is easy to do, especially if one is confused by how things are worded.)

That being said, I have to say that the way you have worded this post confused me greatly.

I do believe that turning Life's healing into damage would be a little overpowered, just like you stated a 2 pip 1000 heal would be. While it takes some time to set up a big heal, it's also pretty easy to spam Satyrs and even with just a little incoming/outgoing they can hit 1000 health back. Converting that into damage would be the equivalent of a 4 pip spell with eight hundred to one thousand damage, which no school has without damage boosts.

That being said, Healing Current is a special spell. I do not hold it equal to Imp or any normal spell, indeed, as it is a spell that helps far more than usual. I'd hold it equal to Life's Guardian Spirit (before it was nerfed) at the very least, as it is an unusual spell for the school and it helps quite a bit in both solo and group play. It's atypical for Storm, but I do believe that, for those who choose to use it, it is a blessing from above. Two out of three times you can get at least an average heal, if not a good one and it also banks upon Storm's use of erratic hits with the third healing option being 100 health points back.

Healing Current is a unique spell and by all means, it should stay that way. Life is not getting hurt by Healing Current and neither is Storm, in fact, I see it as a mutual benefit. Life gets a backup healer if needs be and Storm can hold its own even better with their new heal.

I can see why Life wizards would be upset, but when Storm's only healing spell has a 1/3 chance of going wrong, a 1/3 chance of an average heal and a 1/3 chance of a huge heal, it really isn't that bad. Life still gets better heals and they at least know that if they need to heal, Satyr won't backfire. (It might fizzle though. )
correct except for that last part its 1/2 bad 1/4 average and 1/2 besides calling 400 hundred average is an over exaggeration for a rank 3 spell considering a player with good gear that's the equivalent of a rank 4 spell

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
iouman2013 on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
i seriously think the hardest school to lvl up is life even with a mastery and another schools lower hit all so i am thinking why cant ki add a life spell that hits all and does idk 315-365 or something you know just to get life wizards by to get forest lord later in the game or something
I'm a life wizard, I got from level 9 to 44 in two months and and half a week. Wasn't very hard for me.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 44 theurgist