Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Questing

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 07, 2009
I have only a couple friends. Well just one I do a lot of quests with. But at times I choose to play by myself. To me it is upsetting that some of the bosses you cant duel alone. Good example are the giant grendels you fight in that area in Grizzleheim. They all have like 5000 life or more!! How come you cant fight just two when you are by yourself. I helped my friend. She was by herself and had to fight four!! We lost. You should be able to choose if you want to have all of these friends. A lot of bosses you fight you need a lot of people. i dont like that!! Having friends in this game is nice, but they shouldnt base the game on team playing alone!! I know there are other who like questing by themselves at times or just having one companion. Any input??

Thanks

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
nightcrawler1212 wrote:
Good example are the giant grendels you fight in that area in Grizzleheim. They all have like 5000 life or more!! How come you cant fight just two when you are by yourself. I helped my friend. She was by herself and had to fight four!! We lost.

I don't think you needed to fight all at the same time. Did you fight the sub-bosses by themselves first? Or did you just rush right on in?

I helped in a battle where someone forgot to battle the sub-bosses first, and it was a major pain....

Defender
May 29, 2009

I assume you mean the Jotun quest. That quest can be solo'd, but there is a trick/strategy to it. Before you fight Jotun, you'll see some other instances to the right and left or where Jotun is. One of them is Helgrind Warren and I can't remember the name of the other. Beat the bosses in those two instances first before you fight Jotun. That way, you can fight Jotun by himself and he cannot call on the others to help.

If you do this, make sure you turn teleporting off when you fight Jotun. I believe that if someone ports to you that has not defeated the other two bosses, then Jotun can summon them.

nightcrawler1212 wrote:
I have only a couple friends. Well just one I do a lot of quests with. But at times I choose to play by myself. To me it is upsetting that some of the bosses you cant duel alone. Good example are the giant grendels you fight in that area in Grizzleheim. They all have like 5000 life or more!! How come you cant fight just two when you are by yourself. I helped my friend. She was by herself and had to fight four!! We lost. You should be able to choose if you want to have all of these friends. A lot of bosses you fight you need a lot of people. i dont like that!! Having friends in this game is nice, but they shouldnt base the game on team playing alone!! I know there are other who like questing by themselves at times or just having one companion. Any input??

Thanks

Explorer
May 09, 2009
It depends on what your school is if you want to solo. Some schools are better at soloing than others. I have a MYTH Death Wizard who seems to solo really well because of his attack/heal and minions. Experiment with other schools and see what you think is a good soloing combo.

Here are some possible combos, upper case is main school, lower case is secondary:
*LIFE Storm
*MYTH Death
*BALANCE Storm?
*LIFE Death
*DEATH Life

Us Myths have to fight 3 Death Pixies! They are rank 3 elites and we need to figth them ALL at the same time! You aren't alone! Ya gotta keep trying to progress!

Remember the game isn't based on soloing, it is actually based on grouping. That is why it is an online game :-) Now if you are a good soloer then good for you! Soloing is very hard to do. If you have a Life pal you might want him/her to tag along since Life students can help greatly with healing. You might want a group of friends from different schools like Balance, Storm, Life, and any other school. You can probably look for friends in the Commons, even though it may be hard. I asked people to help me with Big Ben there. Maybe a Grandmaster who has nothing better to do but help people out could help you.

Good luck solving your problem
-Marcus Legendcrafter LVL 37 LIFE Storm
-Talon Mythcrafter LVL 18 MYTH Death

Survivor
Dec 01, 2009