Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

High Rank Cheating

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
since the reveal of the ranked matches for items i have seen many people doing things to get what they want more than worry about their personna. I personally have broken ties with people who use treasure cards in the arena as a means to win. OK it is not breaking the rules NOW. Need i remind you that steroids were not illegal until 1990, before that it was SUGGESTED that you did not use them, or leagues not allow them. How about before stun sheild was invented, stunning was legal, not ethical but it was legal. the use of treasure was to aid a questing wizard in time of need, it has mistruded and contorted to be the very thing we dispise, and that is the quick route. People take pride in their hard work and upstanding morals, and to be let down and witness a fall to some one taking a quick route,is deminishing. I had heard that wizards was trying to fix the problem. The only resolution i can see is give them nothing to cheat for. take away the awards. Take away the robes and the boots and the other stuff, and the cheating will stop

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I think KI should ban TC from the arena and pair people based on in game level. That would eliminate the lower level warlords wasting the time of the honest players. If they don't start enforcing a TC level limit or something similar the situation will continue. Gear and normal spells have level limits, why not Treasure Cards?

Players should not give in to the "fire versus fire" philosophy because that is why the real world has kids bringing guns to schools and ending arguments with them. In my school days, the 80's a kid got beat up in a fight after school. Today they get shot. So much for progress.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
It's not cheating. I have a death level 7 wizard who used be a warlord but lost rank and is now a commander. He won by using wild bolt. That's it. Just that. No armor. I don't have anything.

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Cronniss wrote:
susume wrote:
KI has said they will soon end the trading of treasure cards made with enchantments such as Tough and Keen Eye. Those guys' grands will not be able to pass lots of cheap high-lvl cards to their lower-lvl wizards any more.

Why would that stop the players from getting TCs? All they would have to do is send both the TC they want to use and the Tough and/or Keen Eye cards. Then on the lower level toon combine them.

Susume was reffering to Treasure Cards made by the Grandmaster themselves. For instance, I am a level 48 Ice wizard. At the moment, I am low on high-level treasure cards. But if I wanted, I could just makes some. If I combine a Strength or Keen Eye with my Frost Giant, I make a Treasure Card. Then I can take it out of my deck and trade it to my lower level. Now they have a Frost Giant TC. Plus, if I bought enough, I could make many, many, many of these and just keep trading them. See the problem? Yes, cards they get just by battling still would be tradable, but then their Grandmasters have to work to get them or buy them for lots of money.

But honestly, I want all treasure cards to remain tradeable. I would have been defeated many times if my sister couldn't trade me those Life school treasure cards she has. So, please rethink this...

Explorer
May 12, 2009
gotahot wrote:
I say that none of this stuff being posted is cheating. If they took the time to get those strong treasure cards then so be it. I just act silly and have fun. To see how to really pvp you want to challenge me Wolf Dragon Rock on!
Mac and Cheese rules! I want a sandwich. Stop typing what i say dude! Thank you. Stop I mean it! Stop!

Wolf Dragon

And his typer Luke Dragon (HeHeHe)
Hey Wolf, I will do a 1v1 with you. I love a good challenge! Hehehe. How about we meet in Unicorn way in the realm Bartlby.

Christo FireHeart LVL 42 ??? ( i won't tell you if you say yes... i dont want you to be prepeared... muahahahaha!) IF ANY YOU KNOW NO SAY!

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
i am just as fed up as you are just yesterday i went up against 4 noobs and they all had bolts
within a few rounds i was dead and so was my other team mates and i am storm i have loads of resist but constant bolts is unfair to me
just my 2 cents

Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
ok, i just read a whole bunch of post and to me theres a simple explanation. Some people like the whole treasure card thing and others dont. So why not just make a seperate arena. One arena for the folks who want pvp class vs class and the other folks who want to be able to go outside their class and use treasure cards. To be honest with you, i wish there was just class vs class dueling. That way its more of a strategy game instead of who is richer. I do think level matchups should be revamped though. Im lazy lol, I dont wanna go out and farm for hours. I just want a good strategy fight.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
whats wrong with it lol umm i am sure this has been said or if not it should have um treasure takes forever to use so what were you doing the entire time they were getting the pips lol eating drinking soda or something seriously this is a stupid post get with the program or dont pvp

Brandon. GrandMaster Ice ,Storm,and Balance

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
When I was a level 48 death I thought the arena would be easy to zoom through and become a warlord. But boy was I wrong i've been playing wizard101 for a year and some month do you know what rank i'm at ever since I started I'M A PRIVATE and do you konw what my rating is? 225 is my rating i'm below stantered and do you wanna know why?? Because of all the people using treasure cards and to be more specific Wild Bolt, Fire Dragon, Rebirth, and a lot of other cards! So I went and trained and trained some more I did some practices and I only lost three times and now i'm level 49 very closee to grandmaster so I thought I would be much better but again I was wrong I HATE TREASURE CARDS I have never used treasure cards in my time of playing wizard 101. I also read that Kingisle will be banning the trade of enchanted cards what about the bazaar I have seen glitches and hacks that will let you sell enchented cards at the bazaar for over 1000 I know my friend does it ( not naming names ) I want to ban treasure cards for use in PVP!!!! I hope this happenes Bradley Stormfountain 2000 xp away from Grand! DEATH :P

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
I believe wizards should be limited to treasure cards that are higher rank than them. I dont think that KI should ban all treasure cards in the arena or make enhanced ones not trade able. I am storm and since i didnt train life, enhanced satyr treasure cards are my main advantage in healing and played a significant role in the numerous matches i have won. So KI plz dont ban all treasure cards in arena and instead limit some would be better.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2009
Something that sounds interesting would be to change the way side boards work: Make them have a rank limit- therefore a lower level wouldn't be able to fill up on as many high ranked cards as they would say treasure cards within the level range the deck is built for. Want Wild Bolt in a Novice Level deck? Fine- it will hold a few... but it would hold multiples of the lower rank treasures (Higher level decks will have the capacity to hold more cards of higher rank).

This deck mechanic would scale with the decks and make side board construction a choice between quality or quantity- do you go with Earthquake and a pair of Bolts, or stick to several smaller heals, and medium attacks and a shield or two?

Another, simpler* option would be to limit the number of treasure cards of a particular spell in a decks side board to one less than the deck holds of regular cards. Though this would just encourage a wider selection instead of having all bolts, there would be a pair of Judgement, Triton, and Orthrus .

* No idea if this could be coded with the way decks work, even if it was desirable or not... -just pondering a solution to using Grand Card hand-me-downs and having the chutzpah to call it good strategy :?

Survivor
Nov 06, 2008
Um all of these complain about tresure is only about losing to pvp.
Um i started like you guys, same thing i battle players with treasure cards, i lost a lot but, been bolted a lot, but all I did is make a good deck and strategy, practice a lot, think of a good way to counter those bolts and treausre, and know i am ok, I dont have any problem against those players anymore :)

Dont expect that even they are lower lvl than you that you will win, treasure is part of their strategy, your just not ready for it, so next time be ready and accept your lost, learn from it ,and be a sport :)

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
that is just wrong! i only use treasure cards in emergencies! PvP is not a emeregency!

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I think PVP is cool :P Treasue cards make it so not one player can dominate , and if someone has a grandmaster that means they already beat the GAME! You think it is not ok for them to get some nice cards?! They probbably had the same trouble

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
ShockerTheMenace wrote:
i say there is nothing wrong with using treasures in pvp all you got to do is shield
I don't believe there is a problem with using treasures either, If your gonna throw a fit about it, get used to it. It happens to me and I deal with it. You can to. -Kane Skullshade lvl 34 Pyromancer.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
There shouldn't be a problem with using treasures. If your gonna cry about it and complain, deal with it. It happens. If it really made you mad then why dont YOU use treasure cards? XD

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
i dont think ki should remove the trade of treasure cards made by keen eyes or tough they should just simply add an option which you pick to be allowed to use treasures or not. Or maybe allow ppl to rank against friends cause that way you know there is no cheating involved

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
Rho170 wrote:
My Myth Commander and his friend were in PVP yesturday. We were against 2 Journeymen who weren't what they seemed. They said they had Grands (and of course, very snobish about it). They were BOTH Life Commanders, BOTH lower level than us. Their spells were Helephant, Nature's Wrath, Rebirth, Fire Dragon, and Satyr. Something wrong with this?

Treasure cards are getting way too out of hand. My Myth Commander NEVER used ANY treasure card in PVP. My level 37 Life wizard COLLECTS Treasure Cards, however he NEVER uses any either. I did it the fair way. Those Journeymen (No naming) worked their way up to Commander by 'piggybacking' their Grand's Treasure Cards. They were very proud of that. ANYONE who uses OVER POWERED Treasure Cards CONSISTANTLY is a cheater in my book. Because of this cheating I have lost alot of rank. I've been on the fence between Captain and Commander.

KI needs to make Treasure Cards in PVP SCHOOL ONLY, or WIPE OUT ATTACKING AND HEALING Treasure Cards in PVP. Something NEEDS to be done about this.

Pretty soon I will be facing WARLORDS, and I hope they will be more just than the other ranks.

Please tell me YOUR stories about cheaters (No naming, they know who they are). Hopefully KI will read this and CHANGE THIS OUTRAGE.

Aggrivated thoughts,
-Marcus Legendcrafter, LVL 37 LIFE Storm, Private
-Talon Mythcrafter, LVL 18 MYTH Death, Captain/Commander.

I am like you too. I collect them, but don't use them. I think it is fair, because it is just part of their strategy i guess. They wanted you mad and the threw these high lvl treasure cards at you. I don't think it is cheating, but it isn't exactly fair.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
Today I was versing a storm warlord named Angel Storm, but the only problem was that after the battle when he killed me, he only had 17 arena points. What is with that?

Survivor
May 06, 2009
:( :(actually i thinkd its pretty fair. i am level twenty eight and i have to go up and beat grandmasters so i go to my life grand and get treasure cards from him. i say that it isnt fair that they put weaker people against stronger levels like a novice vs. a grand that isnt fair so they used the treasure cards so they can win. DERRR. :( :(

Survivor
May 02, 2009
I'm getting tired of being Wild bolted everytime i get into arena. And when I go into group matches I get chained.. I understand that this is a part of Arena, but I am getting tired of treasured in arena. Arena is suppose to be skilled components against each other. Not cheating losers who bolt and chain. Come on W101, do some thing!!

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
carterma wrote:

Remove keen eyes and tough? Why eliminate that part of the game (treasure card creation and trading) just to appease the PVP crowd? What about those who don't like to play in the arena? That's like taking a sledgehammer out to kill a fly.

How about this instead? Don't allow any treasure cards that were made using these enchantments to be played in PVP. KI obviously knows how to tell the difference since these cards are not allowed to be sold at the bazaar. Just make it so that if self-enhanced cards are in your treasure deck, they just always stay greyed out and unavailable for play.

It does mean that if people bought t-cards from the bazaar, library, drops, those could be used in the arena, but I think that would reduce the issue that you're talking about greatly.

dynamite0629 wrote:
I am going to reiterate this again. All KI needs to do is remove keen eyes and tough so the making of a cheap TC is eliminated. TC defeats the purpose of having a second school, whats the point of having a second school? A BIG NONE since keen eyes and tough are all we need to make big attacks and special cards from different schools .
I wonder how much ARENA experience these people who kept saying "Sheilds" and "sheilds" and "strategy" have in terms of playing in the ARENA to really share those advices that seems pretty working well for them? As per my experience, all these are easier said than done.

Morgrim LotusShield (Storm GRand, Warlord)
Morgrim LotusWRaith(Death GRand, Warlord)
Morgrim LotusLeaf (Life Grand, Commander)
Morgrim LotusBlade(Balance Grand, Commander)
Morgrim LotusHorn(Myth Magus, Veteran)

I agree with carterma why should we "fix" everything for PvP?
The games center is not PvP but the quest's!
Give the option in arena match's to use T-cards or not,but don't take them away from everybody just because the ppl who play PvP don't like them.

If KI allows this then hey just let the ppl who play PvP dictate how the game is to be played for all of us,i mean why not it's not like iam paying for four account's! PvP money must be greener then my money is right! So let them tell me how to play because they are better then me!
So let's just give the game to PvP ppl the rest of us don't count, we are just a bunch of no bodies anyway so who care's about us, right!!!!

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
crazycrackr7 wrote:
I am not the only one who is sick of this cheating in pvp! I am trying to make it to warlord but that will never happen because EVERY lvl 6 that does pvp uses treasure cards i was just in a match with 2 balance classes who were lvl 6 used rebirth so that we couldnt kill them then used stormlord. If wizard1o1 cant fix this problem i am not making my account a member anymore because this is just a waste of time witch here is a waste of money. The best solution to this problem was made by bloodferret.

Bloodferret wrote:
I believe all treasure cards should be level restricted. Spells like wid bolt should be lvl35 only. Other schools could still use them but they have to be at least that level. Just my 2 cents. I am also frustrated with pvp

Two level 6 beat you guys? They have 0% power pip chance, which means they need 6 pips every time. During that time you can heal, shield, attack, whatever.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
Umrag wrote:
crazycrackr7 wrote:
I am not the only one who is sick of this cheating in pvp! I am trying to make it to warlord but that will never happen because EVERY lvl 6 that does pvp uses treasure cards i was just in a match with 2 balance classes who were lvl 6 used rebirth so that we couldnt kill them then used stormlord. If wizard1o1 cant fix this problem i am not making my account a member anymore because this is just a waste of time witch here is a waste of money. The best solution to this problem was made by bloodferret.

Bloodferret wrote:
I believe all treasure cards should be level restricted. Spells like wid bolt should be lvl35 only. Other schools could still use them but they have to be at least that level. Just my 2 cents. I am also frustrated with pvp

Two level 6 beat you guys? They have 0% power pip chance, which means they need 6 pips every time. During that time you can heal, shield, attack, whatever.

Exactly. I'm one of those lower level players that is a warlord. My storm is a level 25 Warlord with full arena gear and I earned that rank by using my own spells. Here is why the argument against TC's is silly, from both sides:

1) When I'm fighting a grandmaster, which is about 70% of my matches I don't have the firepower to actually kill him without treasures. The only treasures that make sense to use though, are my own school treasures as I can then use power pips to efficiently cast them.
2) If you're fighting a lower level warlord you need to remember they have a MUCH smaller main deck, and treasure deck. If you play defensively versus even the most talented low level duelist you can certainly outlast him. For most low level wizards it means they will have 4-6 power attacks.
3) Any low level duelist that is using cards from another school is a fool. You need to cultivate your pips and maximize power pips to win at that level, so using something like Rebirth/Triton/Helephant outside of your class will totally deplete your pips, so unless its a kill shot it is a wasted spell. I will cast 1 pip school spells and two pip off school spells just to get rid of my white pips in pvp. Rebirth is quite possibly the most useless spell of all for low level pvp unless you are a life wiz....and even then it doesn't get you any closer to the end goal of killing your opponent.
4) A low level opponent HAS to put shields and heals in his deck. Most of the time I have half the hit points of my opponent, so if I'm not putting up the right shields at the right time it will be hard for me to survive.
5) The one thing I agree with is its unfair for me to use Wild Bolt at that level. Its the one spell out there that will not deplete my pips and still deliver tremendous damage. What I do use as my primary spell to get you within kill range is semi-useful. I use Storm Hound from the pet, but if you have good resists it does very little damage. It's only effective vs non-storm or players without arena gear.

Be smart. That's the key to good pvp, recognize what your opponents disadvantages are right away and exploit them. If you don't use shields and heals, you will die. If you use spells from another class you waste power pips. Never, if possible, use your big damage spell on someone's shield, which means if you go first you should never lose to a significantly lower level player no matter his rank.

And above all....quit making excuses for why you lose. If you lose it's because you were unprepared, or inexperienced. Both of those things can be fixed. It's ridiculous when you're losing a match to someone you feel you should beat that you call them a "shield noob", "healing noob", "treasure noob", or whatever type of perceived "noob" tactic beat you. My thought everytime I hear those accusations is that I'm fighting someone who is clueless, and the more times I fight someone like that, the higher my rank goes. If you want to set specific rules for your fight then find a friend who likes to duel and go to the practice arena, don't go into a ranked match and complain when someone uses tactics they need to win, and would need to be prepared to defend against another experienced duelist.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
cialove15 wrote:
it's true if someone gets a rank like 1050 points to higher will get banned? i hope not cause what about if the person plays a lot and rarely lost and sometimes KI gives a lot of point for a macth like start to 25-30 points. please tell me not to worry about getting my rank down everytime cause i dont wanna get banned for that, it's not up to me. i play to get my rank. if KI says he's going to reset the rank everytime i'm agree but not banned people for high rank. and i dont know why people is complaining about treasure cards, everyone uses treasure, i think without treasure the pvp will not fun. anyway i dont really use treasure i only use healing card and 3 other treasures after those i use my school treasure cards. there's nothing wrong with using treasure cards. it's fight you can use whatever you have to defend yourself. EVERYONES USES TREASURE CARDS EVEN IT'S NOT AN ATTACK CARD, IT'S TREASURE. NO BIG DEAL!!! stop complaining please!!!

i dont use treasures.