Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

High Rank Cheating

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Yo noobs ya i am Wolf titanblade and i a lvl 48 storm
there is a cheat that works well
if i pair up with one of you we will your lvl or people in mooshu if your lvl 30+
so ya i have every good spell and we would pwn
cya around at arena
i might not be there all the time because i want to be grand because i even have malistaires gear os ya
peace!
PS malistaire is the main boss your vs in all of wizard 101

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
ok i agree with the original post and anyone who considered this as "cheating"

to me i would consider it as ABUSING the treasure card system.

i am sorry to say that it needs to be fixed to be unabused

and abusing judgment, wild bolt, feint, etc.

a simple honest good match is a honest man's dignity. (women too)

so in my terms i would suggest to have trading cards modified to lessen the chances for lower levels using up higher level spells which i would advise an level restriction from using higher level spells but can use any school treasure card if your of the sufficient level

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I've noticed the same thing very recently over a lot of battles. I fought an adept myth wizard and his very first attack was an OTHRUS SPELL. There's something wrong there. Myth people get orthrus at lvl 48 not 25. I still won because of my wraith spells i had but the problem is that lvl 25 people shouldn't be able to use orthrus at least not in the arena.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
susume wrote:
KI has said they will soon end the trading of treasure cards made with enchantments such as Tough and Keen Eye. Those guys' grands will not be able to pass lots of cheap high-lvl cards to their lower-lvl wizards any more. It will take several weeks for people's stores of enchanted TCs from other schools to get used up. After that, wizards will only be able to get out-of-school attacks from booster packs, drops, or crafted cards (which won't be cheap). The variety will still be there, but spamming TCs will be greatly reduced, and when you do get hit with something big from a little wizard, at least you will know the player had to invest something to get it.

Have a source or link to this information? I have looked and can't find it. I would be all for removing battle made treasure cards (keen eyes, tough, etc) from pvp (just don't allow them to be traded). I think making such cards when contrasted to how high of a crafted cost they are is a huge problem. Most of those aren't even allowed to be crafted in the first place; which should be a huge hint when it comes to design intent.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
Rho170 wrote:
My Myth Commander and his friend were in PVP yesturday. We were against 2 Journeymen who weren't what they seemed. They said they had Grands (and of course, very snobish about it). They were BOTH Life Commanders, BOTH lower level than us. Their spells were Helephant, Nature's Wrath, Rebirth, Fire Dragon, and Satyr. Something wrong with this?

Treasure cards are getting way too out of hand. My Myth Commander NEVER used ANY treasure card in PVP. My level 37 Life wizard COLLECTS Treasure Cards, however he NEVER uses any either. I did it the fair way. Those Journeymen (No naming) worked their way up to Commander by 'piggybacking' their Grand's Treasure Cards. They were very proud of that. ANYONE who uses OVER POWERED Treasure Cards CONSISTANTLY is a cheater in my book. Because of this cheating I have lost alot of rank. I've been on the fence between Captain and Commander.

KI needs to make Treasure Cards in PVP SCHOOL ONLY, or WIPE OUT ATTACKING AND HEALING Treasure Cards in PVP. Something NEEDS to be done about this.

Pretty soon I will be facing WARLORDS, and I hope they will be more just than the other ranks.

Please tell me YOUR stories about cheaters (No naming, they know who they are). Hopefully KI will read this and CHANGE THIS OUTRAGE.

Aggrivated thoughts,
-Marcus Legendcrafter, LVL 37 LIFE Storm, Private
-Talon Mythcrafter, LVL 18 MYTH Death, Captain/Commander.

have you stopped to think they couldve gotten their cards from their equipment?
there are some people that are crown buyers..

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
I don't mind if I am beaten. What I do mind is when my opponent has an arrogant attitude. You are there to hone your skills, but players should also have good sportsmanship and arrogant behavior during a match is not good sportsmanship.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
My main complaint about the ranked matches is that they are totally unfair and definitely ill matched! Privates fighting against much higher ranked players is nothing short of a blood bath! It's not fun to go into the game only to be slaughtered in the first round continuously! This needs to be addressed by King's Isle.

My suggestion: Privates against Privates, the winner ranking up, etc.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
ShockerTheMenace wrote:
i say there is nothing wrong with using treasures in pvp all you got to do is shield

Lol, are you serious? Here's 60% of people in the arena...

Bolt...Bolt....Bolt....Bolt...Bolt...Bolt, rebirth/dragon/tempest/any big spells...

If you shield, they wand...bolt...wand...bolt...wand...bolt...big spell if you're not dead yet. They don't need buffs because they can fall back on big spells to make everything better again. If you're a grand then this is fine, but most of them people in the arena aren't grands and don't have grands. Treasures should be based on level. If you want to use wraith and you're not a lvl 42, then you shouldn't be able to use it! But treasures do add a lot to the game and make pvp much more challenging so you can't take them out completely. They just need to be changed a bit to make things more fair for everyone.

A lot of people go crazy on treasures thinking they're awesome b/c they get rank from them, even though many of them have never had a real fight. Their isn't much skill in pvp except for the ones that don't use them, or only rarely like myself. I have 2 warlords and a commander, and i use maybe a treasure once every 3 matches, and it's usually a heal. I usually only use treasures against people that have an affection for bolt or if I'm just having fun with friends. Treasures are a great addition to the game, adding a lot more skill to pvp....but when a lvl 10 can use grandmaster spells, it starts to get out of hand. Treasures need to be lvl restricted so that people can stop abusing them. As it is, they ruin the game b/c there is no challenge for anyone that uses them.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
How silly of me-this game is even more unfair than I originally thought. I imagined it was just a matter of over-ranked players vs under-ranked. But it has more to do with how much money (crowns) you are willing to fork over to get the bigger spells. Since you can't get them with gold, you have to actually spend money to get them. Well, isn't that wonderful. So not only do I have to buy a subscription, I have t fork out money to buy anything else that makes this game a better experience (i.e., mounts, good spell cards).

Has anyone actually gotten a response from King's Isle or is this just a waste of time?

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
There is nothing wrong by using "Draw Cards" its the only reason they got that high in rank. Fire dragon is a very "Weak Card" not too be mean! Well,
just too say that it can be the weakest out of weaks! And there is nothing wrong with that. It's your respondisipitaly too shield and heal when ever
there is a chance...

Thanks,

Jason Willowheart (Level 50 life)
Jason WinterBreeze (Level 50 Ice)
Jason (Level 50 storm)
Jason Hexmaze (Level 36 myth)
Jason Titanheart (Level 25 Balance)
and my noob.... Brian Willowmaze (Level 16 death)

Survivor
Sep 02, 2009
I totally agree that treasure cards should be level restricted in PVP. I won't play it until this is fixed.

I have a level 45 life wizard that was getting beat by opponents that were way lower level because they were using treasure cards that were higher level than I can even get at this point.

I have all the life spells and all the fire spells that I can learn (which means I have helephant). But, I still don't stand a chance against people with powerful treasure cards that are way above their level.

If I am spending all my pip on healing from these powerful attacks, how can I get enough pip saved up to cast my own attack spells?

If someone knows something I don't know, give me a clue because I am completely fed up with PVP. It wouldn't be so bad to lose, but people in there seem to take it way too seriously (even in practice matches) and act like total jerks, using foul language and making rude/lewd comments. I want to say to them: Grow up, people! It is just a game :)

Defender
Sep 22, 2008
Rho170 wrote:
My Myth Commander and his friend were in PVP yesturday. We were against 2 Journeymen who weren't what they seemed. They said they had Grands (and of course, very snobish about it). They were BOTH Life Commanders, BOTH lower level than us. Their spells were Helephant, Nature's Wrath, Rebirth, Fire Dragon, and Satyr. Something wrong with this?

Treasure cards are getting way too out of hand. My Myth Commander NEVER used ANY treasure card in PVP. My level 37 Life wizard COLLECTS Treasure Cards, however he NEVER uses any either. I did it the fair way. Those Journeymen (No naming) worked their way up to Commander by 'piggybacking' their Grand's Treasure Cards. They were very proud of that. ANYONE who uses OVER POWERED Treasure Cards CONSISTANTLY is a cheater in my book. Because of this cheating I have lost alot of rank. I've been on the fence between Captain and Commander.

KI needs to make Treasure Cards in PVP SCHOOL ONLY, or WIPE OUT ATTACKING AND HEALING Treasure Cards in PVP. Something NEEDS to be done about this.

Pretty soon I will be facing WARLORDS, and I hope they will be more just than the other ranks.

Please tell me YOUR stories about cheaters (No naming, they know who they are). Hopefully KI will read this and CHANGE THIS OUTRAGE.

Aggrivated thoughts,
-Marcus Legendcrafter, LVL 37 LIFE Storm, Private
-Talon Mythcrafter, LVL 18 MYTH Death, Captain/Commander.

Two words: Wild Bolt
Six more words: Get rid of it in PvP!

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
it's true if someone gets a rank like 1050 points to higher will get banned? i hope not cause what about if the person plays a lot and rarely lost and sometimes KI gives a lot of point for a macth like start to 25-30 points. please tell me not to worry about getting my rank down everytime cause i dont wanna get banned for that, it's not up to me. i play to get my rank. if KI says he's going to reset the rank everytime i'm agree but not banned people for high rank. and i dont know why people is complaining about treasure cards, everyone uses treasure, i think without treasure the pvp will not fun. anyway i dont really use treasure i only use healing card and 3 other treasures after those i use my school treasure cards. there's nothing wrong with using treasure cards. it's fight you can use whatever you have to defend yourself. EVERYONES USES TREASURE CARDS EVEN IT'S NOT AN ATTACK CARD, IT'S TREASURE. NO BIG DEAL!!! stop complaining please!!!

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
those people that are complaining about treasure cards, they are the one who use it more than everyone else do. stop it!!!!

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Whats the matter no one can deal with T-cards come on getting T-cards taken out is not the answer.

make the option to use or not to use them in PvP matchs maybe the beat way to do it.

Myself I think using your own school spells is more fun then T-cards are I do use them against ppl who use them against me.

Michael RedBlood grandmaster Death

Explorer
Dec 16, 2008
dynamite0629 wrote:
I am going to reiterate this again. All KI needs to do is remove keen eyes and tough so the making of a cheap TC is eliminated. TC defeats the purpose of having a second school, whats the point of having a second school? A BIG NONE since keen eyes and tough are all we need to make big attacks and special cards from different schools .
I wonder how much ARENA experience these people who kept saying "Sheilds" and "sheilds" and "strategy" have in terms of playing in the ARENA to really share those advices that seems pretty working well for them? As per my experience, all these are easier said than done.

Morgrim LotusShield (Storm GRand, Warlord)
Morgrim LotusWRaith(Death GRand, Warlord)
Morgrim LotusLeaf (Life Grand, Commander)
Morgrim LotusBlade(Balance Grand, Commander)
Morgrim LotusHorn(Myth Magus, Veteran)

Why are you complaining? You're a four time grandmaster for crying
out loud! And don't start talking about the people who are trying
to settle this problem once and for all. I for one hate hearing people
complain about TCs. JUST STOP! If KI wants to make the game how they
want to make it they will. I'm not trying to be rude but just play the game
and KI will make what they want to make and fix what they want to fix.

Wolf Dragonflame
level 38 Magus Pyromancer
Tree of life MS

Explorer
Dec 16, 2008
tracinjd wrote:
ok i agree with the original post and anyone who considered this as "cheating"

to me i would consider it as ABUSING the treasure card system.

i am sorry to say that it needs to be fixed to be unabused

and abusing judgment, wild bolt, feint, etc.

a simple honest good match is a honest man's dignity. (women too)

so in my terms i would suggest to have trading cards modified to lessen the chances for lower levels using up higher level spells which i would advise an level restriction from using higher level spells but can use any school treasure card if your of the sufficient level

Not again....

All the people who complain about TCs are really being
annoying. Treasure cards should not be taken away just because some players are being babies. Treasure cards give lower ranked players
a sense of pride because they have a chance at winning. I happen to love treasure cards because they let me try different spells. Gamma
if your reading this PLEASE don't take away Treasure cards I love them
and so do many others.

P.S ...
THIS GAME RULES I LOVE IT TO DEATH!

Wolf Dragonflame
Level 38 Pyromancer
Tree of life MS

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Zigmon wrote:
I've said it before and I will say it again as many times as it takes:
If the game lets you do it then it is game legal.

Wizard101 does not allow cheating. There is nothing in the game that could be considered cheating. I get frustrated with people saying that this person or that person is cheating because it is impossible to cheat in Wizard101. That being said, there have been issues with the game that KI has corrected. Stunning is a good example of this. If you have a problem with a certain part of the games design then this is a great place to bring it up, but accusing people of cheating is not an appropriate method for making a compelling argument.

As far as your issue with treasure cards in the arena is concerned, I don't believe that removing them will help the game to be better. The only way that low level wizards are able to compete in the arena against higher level wizards is by using treasure cards. There is a much higher price for the wizard in question when they use them because the cards are "One and Done". Then you have to take into account the number of pips needed to cast one spell or another. If a wizard consistently uses cards outside their school they will not take advantage of power pips. Considering the low level of the person you are describing, I wouldn't figure they had a high power pips chance anyway. Not to mention that at that level they would have had much lower health. Yes, anyone who goes into the arena can go in with all the spells of a grandmaster, but they do not have the resist, health, power pip chance, accuracy, or power of a grandmaster. They are beatable just like anyone else. You just have to find a strategy that works. Considering all this I figure that time is on your side. If they are saving pips to throw a helephant (assuming that it is outside of their primary school) then they will only cast one damage spell (other than wands) in 6 rounds. You can make that work to your advantage if you can cast twice as fast or can cast two seven pips spells in a row because you are using your primary school then you should be able to win.

The Wild Bolt TC only has a pip cost of two. My GrandMaster Storm was defeated by a much lower level wizard because of this and there needs to be a limit. This individual shot two wild bolts one right after the other and did not fizzle at all. I agree that treasure cards should not be allowed in the arena. The lower level characters need to not compete with the higher levels. If it is legal for treasure cards to be traded, why not gear too? There is a limit and people will cheat in intent if nothing else. Treasure cards should be in game only for monster vs. player use. I don't like Treasure cards and personally don't use any except under extreme duress. My wild bolts are the real deal and fizzle too often. Shields are only useable if you get them in your hand. Out of a 60 card deck it can take a while to find a shield.

Charles TitanBreaker level 50 Storm

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
I think it's getting to be annoying with every one using treasure cards because when I was a lower lvl every one kept using treasure cards on me and lowered my rank.I'm not planning on bringing my rank back up and i hate PvP now.

Adam Owlcoin lvl 36 ice wizard.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Mine is when I was doing a ranked match on my myth wiz. I fought him twice in a row and both times he used a kraken card to defeat me, and yes he had all WC crown gear. He went first both times I think and my myth has troll minion. After those 2 matches, I was so frustrated that I stopped playing pvp matches with him for a while. Just try to have a good defense against those players I say, and good luck also.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2008
EmeraldGreenstone wrote:
How silly of me-this game is even more unfair than I originally thought. I imagined it was just a matter of over-ranked players vs under-ranked. But it has more to do with how much money (crowns) you are willing to fork over to get the bigger spells. Since you can't get them with gold, you have to actually spend money to get them. Well, isn't that wonderful. So not only do I have to buy a subscription, I have t fork out money to buy anything else that makes this game a better experience (i.e., mounts, good spell cards).

Has anyone actually gotten a response from King's Isle or is this just a waste of time?

Whoh calm down man.
They do this to make the game better for us all.
Don't talk about the game like that! I mean I understand
if people can't afford it every month but don't go on
a rampage trashing the game like that. Let's have some self control.This
game is for fun not for insults.

Wolf Dragonflame 8) :D
Level 38 Magus Pyromancer 8) 8)
Tree of Life MS :D 8)

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
Ok...so I had no idea there was any issue with usingTreasure Cards in PVP. I just started playing PVP a few days ago. Here's what happened to me...
I lost many times in a row tonight and saw the reason was I did not have any tower shields. So quess what I went and bought some, they were using them so I needed to. Then I go into a match and I'm matched with a Warlord. So of course I use my tower shields along with my other shields. So here it comes..I win. So the guy reports me as a cheater and tells me I've broken some unknown rule that you can't shield over 4 rounds. If this is really a rule it's not fair. How in the world am I to ever do PVP as lower PVP wizard if I can't build pips to use my Judgment card? This person made me feel really bad I play for fun and I just want to win sometimes (well actually more times than not). I never tried to make anyone feel bad for beating me in PVP I think it's being a bad sport and not why I play.
Suggest these people who complain go and sell some dropped stuff buy the card they need and play the game...everyone can do that. I see nothing un-fair in it. If anything it evens things out.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Well, I am not really a PVP person, I do quests.
But, On my Storm Grandmaster. I've done some PVP and I was in there with like a level 5, and they used a Wild Bolt on me. And then a Helephant. It made me pretty mad, that a low level can use this stuff. I think that there shouldn't be any allowing of Treasure Cards unless it is THE SCHOOL you are in.. And there shouldn't be any healing.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
Yea, i think it's really annoying that novice wizards use bolts. I faced a level 1 life wizard and i lost to him on my grandmaster! I really think they should'nt let lvl 1-20 use bolts, it is so retarded. Later on i start facing warlords (of course they are novice wizards using bolts with full commander gear) and they are SO ANNOYING! So i think they really should let levels 1-30 use overpowered treasure cards.

Yours fatally,
Blaze Stormtamer, Grandmaster Diviner

Explorer
Jun 28, 2008
Seems people are pretty mad for stuff they think they're not allowed to do. If you dont feel like using treasure cards then dont. If you do then what's stopping you. The complaining will never stop. Once treasure cards are gone what's next. Balance and Judgement again. After that's over with what's next shielding after that healing. This will never stop. If you dont like people using treasure cards in PvP. here's an idea for you.

DON'T PVP AT ALL!

I've seen many people use treasure cards and yes the even worst card Wild bolt. You know what i did after i met people that wild bolted i learned from it. I learn to put in shields and dissaptes in my deck. That way i lower either their damage or their pips. Yes i bolt but rarely. I have friends who give me wild bolt but i rarely use them. After a while i just give them to my wife. How someone uses their treasure cards is their choice. If your mad cause their using treasure cards then hey "Fight Fire with Fire."

Angel Dragongem Grandmaster Ice rank veteran, Fire rank private, Storm rank captain, and Balance rank captain.
Angel Dragoncaster Grandmaster Myth. Rank Captain
Angel Deathgem Grandmaster Death. Rank Private
Angela Lifegem Grandmaster Life. Rank Private
Angel Dragongem Myth level 35. rank Warlord
Angel Dragoncatcher Balance level 37. Rank Corporal.
Angel Dragongem Level 5 Life. Rank Captain.
Angel Dragongem Level 1 Death. Rank Warlord.