Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Redeemed Gift Card, but No Pet?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
I just redeemed a gift card I purchased today at Best Buy. Yet there was no free pet with the card. Is something wrong? Thanks.

Administrator
No worries young Wizard, we're looking into this issue. We'll make sure you get your pet, it may just take a day or two.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Professor Greyrose or I will keep our players up to date on this, and thanks again for letting us know.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
One more question: The Best Buy card comes with the Flamezilla pet and a Firezilla card? That's what it says on the site here. I've heard otherwise, so making sure it isn't a mistake.

Thank you.

Administrator
That's correct, the pet is called a Flamezilla, but the card is the Fire version of Stormzilla, hence Firezilla.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
Explorer
Apr 02, 2009
But what the website says and what you get is different. I purchased two of each cards. I had only redeemed one of each. And like everyone else i got the crowns but not the pet. Well I contacted Mr. Lincon and I got that fixed now. And I got the correct cards.

Well I just redeemed my other two since Mr. Lincom said the cards were fixed but their not. I got the crowns and the pets. However the FlameZilla gave me a fire elf this time :( and the Golem gave me a Storm Golem unstead of the Rain Golem and I got a storm convert card instead of the Lighting Bat card. :(

Please can you fix this issue!

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
Gamma.
I just purchased the Rain Colossus card via Walmart in my area. I activated and logged in to find that the pet comes with "Storm Prism" card when on your website is says and I quote : " Rain Colossus (Walmart $10) gives 1 Lighting Bat Spell. " ( btw lighting should be Lightning?)

This card is absolutley useless to myself being that I have no Storm spells.... It would have been somewhat useful if it came with the Lightning Bat card. O o

Any feedback appreciated. thanks!

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
You have redeemed your Wizard101 Gift Card for:
a 2 Month Subscription

A confirmation email will be sent to you shortly.

Oh by the way, the following item
will be waiting for you in the game:
A new Firezilla!

This pet gives you:

+1% Power Pip
1 Fire Elf Spell

Fire Elf Spell i thought you get the Firezilla thats why i got the 20 dollar card can you help me my in game name is James Fireward thanks

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
i didnt ger a firezilla card i got a fire elf can you fix it plz

Administrator
Seems there was a mix-up at the pet shop. If you'd prefer the pet that is listed for that location on our website at http://www.wizard101.com/giftcards then please submit a report to Mr Lincoln via the Help & Support tab at the bottom and he'll make sure you get the correct pet.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
well i got the right pet just the wrong card what doi do about that?

Administrator
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Delver
Sep 25, 2008
Hi, I am in Australia so there is no Best Buy near me and I can't order online as they don't accept international orders. How come the cards are not in Australia, only in america?

In Australia, World of Warcraft and Beckett magazine is popular so why not this game?

Well I'm playing it. lol Anyway, if anyone would like to buy me a Flamezilla, my name is Mary Windstrider. Tell me the date and time you want to meet ingame, so you can tell me the code. Don't post the code here. Friend request me then whisper the code in text chat.

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
Thank you to everyone at KI for helping me. I contacted Mr. Lincoln and now have my pet!

Defender
May 11, 2009
i bought the $20 gift card crimsonzilla which on the site says you get crowns or a subscribtion(i chose the crowns) and a the pet crimsonzilla, and with the pet says you get a firezilla card, and i did not get a card, and i am a bit angry can i get this fixed of an answer :(

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
SoxKid wrote:
i bought the $20 gift card crimsonzilla which on the site says you get crowns or a subscribtion(i chose the crowns) and a the pet crimsonzilla, and with the pet says you get a firezilla card, and i did not get a card, and i am a bit angry can i get this fixed of an answer :(

I believe if you redeemed it in August you got the card. But, as they change every month on the 1st, you probably got the new pet, whatever it is this month. The same self-anger occurred at the end of the first defender pig, when the second month's pet wasn't as desired as the first months and they blew it by redddeming a tad too late.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
Yea hey i'm Aaron FireThief in the game. I am about to purchase the card and i don't want the same thing to happen to me

Aaron Firethief,
Fire wizard
Storm wizard &
Death wizard

Got any advice

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
Hi.

I redeemed a card and got no pet. While waiting for it to be corrected I redeemed another card on another account. This one got the pet, but the wrong card. When the first card was corrected, it also had the wrong card.

I am having serious diffiulty getting these fixed. Any ideas?

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
I have bought a flamezilla gift card from Best Buy, if I redeem it now does it give me the firezilla card?

Administrator
No young Wizard, if you redeem your card now, you will receive the Hotzilla, which gives you the Dragonblade card.

For information about what pets you receive please see our Gift Cards page at https://www.wizard101.com/game/giftcards

Flamepassion wrote:
I have bought a flamezilla gift card from Best Buy, if I redeem it now does it give me the firezilla card?

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I'm very disappointed at "the fine print" of the start and end dates for each special pet type. It was my understanding the pets were set for the entire month of December. I missed redeeming our gift card for the last set because I decided to hold the gift card I purchased for my son until Christmas. :-( Now I see the set changed effective December 10th.

"POWERFUL PETS
All gift cards redeemed online between 12/10/09 and 1/31/10 feature Limited Edition Pets that come with the rare Dragonblade Card, which has been unavailable since our beta test in Fall 2008."

Bah Humbug!
Galen TrollWeaver, Level 49 Ice/Myth/Death

While I'm sniveling, it's too difficult to find players who have the last handful of quests left to complete. I have about three battles left including malistare.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
It seems that a lot of players are having issues with the gift card redeemption.

I purchase one for my friend Erin Firehunter (in game name) for her birthday from Best Buy for $20 and Three for other friends as christmas gifts. When Erin held her card til December to get the Flamezilla Pet, she was dishearted when she redeemed the card on december 2nd and got a Firezilla instead. When I purchased the card, I printed out the page from the Wizard 101 website (https://www.wizard101.com/game/giftcards) for her that stated the december set of cards would get a Flamezilla Pet. There was no date so it is assumed to be the first of the month.

I know that there are alot of players that this has happened too...so I'm unsure if I should purchase anymore gift cards. Can this be corrected for her so that she can get the pet she desirers. She's really sad about it. :?

We really like the game....

Survivor
Sep 03, 2009
This is still a problem it seems, as I redeemed a card just a short time ago, and got my coins, but no pet?