Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
I wanted to ask fellow wizards opinion on housing.

I've purchased a Small WC house but, I still want other wizard opinions on housing.

~The Great Gorman Battlesword lol

Hero
May 19, 2009
well this is just my opinion but the forrested mansion in wizard city is the best. I have seen every other house and own about half of them, but the forrest mansion is still my favourte.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Thnx for your opinion, I would of replied sooner but I got lost in the boards lol

Yah I kinda agree, I mean I LOVE the Royal Estate, but it's way to much for my current level. So I'll save my money and get it thnx!

Level 28

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
i bought the desert villa in krokotopia for 20,000 and i've never been more happy. the area is great, when you climb to the top next to the krokosphinx the view is awesome, not to mention you have your own cave in there, and oasis, a second krokosphinx lol, and of course, a house with 2 stories that's pretty big.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
What ever you do, do NOT buy the MS or DS mansions. I bought them both and was extremely disappointed. More so with the DS mansion than the MS mansion. I am not the only one that was mad about the outrageous price for such a small place. There is no room to put anything. MS looks beautiful, but the house is small and the yard has several THIN stepped layers that do not allow much room to put anything.

I have bought every mansion from all the worlds on the spiral and the small houses in WC and MS and by far the mansion in MB is the best value for the money. It has an enourmous and very spacious 3 level house with a large green house outside.

My second pick is the KT mansion. It is a small house, but is divided in a way that allows for different themes in different areas (unlike DS which is just one big split level room with a couple small areas in the basement). Kt also has a nice outside area with an indoor (cave) and outdoor pond and a tunnel that leads up to your own krokosphinx.

The WC mansion is probably the second largest and has a very nice house, but the theatre takes a lot of space and like the MS mansion, it has several layers (seats) that you can't do anything with. The house and yard are very nice though.

Hope these brief descriptions help in your decision.
Jeffrey Hawkflame, Grandmaster Necromancer
Jeffrey Battlegarden, Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
May 14, 2009
I have what I think is a good idea. I play along with my sister and our niece. I know there are plenty of other people who play with their kids or other friends/family. So how about, if you're on a family plan, a house with 3-4 bedroom areas that you can all own together. Everybody can bring in stuff, put it in a common bank, can get there without the "owner". They can decorate their own room or whatever. I mean if you pay to play together, you should be able to live together, right?

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
KyPoBoy wrote:
What ever you do, do NOT buy the MS or DS mansions. I bought them both and was extremely disappointed. More so with the DS mansion than the MS mansion. I am not the only one that was mad about the outrageous price for such a small place. There is no room to put anything. MS looks beautiful, but the house is small and the yard has several THIN stepped layers that do not allow much room to put anything.

I have bought every mansion from all the worlds on the spiral and the small houses in WC and MS and by far the mansion in MB is the best value for the money. It has an enourmous and very spacious 3 level house with a large green house outside.

My second pick is the KT mansion. It is a small house, but is divided in a way that allows for different themes in different areas (unlike DS which is just one big split level room with a couple small areas in the basement). Kt also has a nice outside area with an indoor (cave) and outdoor pond and a tunnel that leads up to your own krokosphinx.

The WC mansion is probably the second largest and has a very nice house, but the theatre takes a lot of space and like the MS mansion, it has several layers (seats) that you can't do anything with. The house and yard are very nice though.

Hope these brief descriptions help in your decision.
Jeffrey Hawkflame, Grandmaster Necromancer
Jeffrey Battlegarden, Grandmaster Sorcerer

Yah I have a grandmaster friend and he brought me to that house and I LOVE IT! I am going to buy THAT one ASAP!

~The Great Gorman Battlrsword lol

Level 29, owner of the Defenders Clan

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Thessia wrote:
I have what I think is a good idea. I play along with my sister and our niece. I know there are plenty of other people who play with their kids or other friends/family. So how about, if you're on a family plan, a house with 3-4 bedroom areas that you can all own together. Everybody can bring in stuff, put it in a common bank, can get there without the "owner". They can decorate their own room or whatever. I mean if you pay to play together, you should be able to live together, right?

Yah I'm going to do that, my brother is part of my family account. Since I'm going to buy that MB Mansion it has a cellar. Perfect for my brother who likes hidden places

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
I'm new to Wizard101, so I have a question...

MB = Marleybone?

I know WC = Wizard City & KT = Krok.

Also, what is MS?

Cronniss Starrmyrr

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Cronniss wrote:

MB = Marleybone?

Also, what is MS?

Cronniss Starrmyrr

WC = Wizard City

KT = Krokotopia

MB = MarleyBone

MS = MooShu

DS = DragonSpyre

GH = GrizzleHeim :)

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Cronniss wrote:

MB = Marleybone?

Also, what is MS?

Cronniss Starrmyrr

Yes your right

WC = Wizard City

KT= Krokatopia

MS= MooShu

DS= Dragonspyre

GZ= Grizzleheim

Level 31, Owner of the Defenders Clan

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Hmm, I am having money troubles. Any tips on getting money, now I NEED to get that MB Royal Estate ASAP my friend is wanting to get a house and is saving up money I want to show him that house before its too late.

My grandmaster friend takes me to Malistare some times, he has awesome drops. Battle him a few times and your rich. Only prob is that my friend is always busy helping others being a grandmaster and all, I don't fight him much.

Any tips? Or if some on can meet me and take a few spins at Malistare?

Thanks

The Great Gorman Battlesword lol

Level 31, Owner of the Defenders Clan

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
Aeraro wrote:
Hmm, I am having money troubles. Any tips on getting money...

Any tips?

The absolute quickest way to get money . . . buy crowns.

Other than that, fight tons of bosses and sell the equipment you get.

Cronniss Starrmyrr

Survivor
May 27, 2008
I have two houses, the WC mansion and the MS mansion. ( USUALLY I'M GREAT AT SPELLING BUT FORGIVE ME I NEVER LEARNED HOW TO SPELL MANSION, IF I'M RIGHT, YIPPEE! :D) I never bought another one cause the MS mansion through and through disappointed me. I could have bought some MS crown armor, this was before they took it out of the store, but instead I saved for a looooooooong time. It was a beautiful house, but no where to put stuff and only one story. I know people who can make something look absolutely INCREDIBLE with such tiny space, but not me. I absolutely LOVE my WC mansion, and as a Grandmaster, spend all my money on housing items and swords for my collection :P It has an awesome yard, a theatre ( I think it's a nice touch :D) and three stories that are actually rather large. I have fit all my effort into it and with enough work, you can make that house absolutely SHINE. If I go for another house, I'll go for the KT mansion or the MB mansion, but so far I stick with the WC mansion for both my characters. DS mansion isn't worth buying, unless you like tiny spaces, and the MS one has way too little space. IMO the first worlds have the best houses :D

Cassandra WillowWhisper-Ice-Level 50
Cassandra DeathWhisper-Death-Level 23

Explorer
May 22, 2009
my opinion wizard city houses are ok
i hate krokotopia houses cause i just dont like them
mooshu houses are pretty cool i guess
dragonspyre is awesome but
MARLEY BONE HOUSES ARE MY FAVORITE CAUSE THEY ROCK THE THE ROYAL ESTATE IS THE BEST HOUSE I'VE EVER BEEN TO AND NOW I OWN ONE :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
A couple of things about housing...I downloaded the test realm yesterday and really liked the changes. One of them is being able to preview the housing. You can go to each world and visit the turtle builder in the housing shop and get a free walkthrough of each small or large house.

My life character owns three mansions. WC, KT and DS.

Just tonight I decided to buy the large house in MS and discovered I'd have to sell one of the other castles before I could buy a MS Mansion. What's up with that?

Can anyone tell my why one character can't have more than 3 castles?

I'm really very disappointed. Besides the sell back price of each house is pathetically low and I mean pathetic considering how much gold they cost new.

If this game was designed for kids, then K.I. should be ashamed about this one thing. It only teaches kids they'll get ripped off.

After all the real money I've thrown at this game in the past three months, (I was a crown player for two months then bought a years subscripton) you'ld think I could own more than three castles. And while I'm on a rant, why is there a limited number of objects you can place in each house? I have a balance wizard who has the small KT house. You can only put 50 objects in it then its all to the attic I guess.

If my other characters sold there houses, would my life character (who has the most money and stuff) be able to buy more houses?

Anyone? Professors? Care to cough up the reason for limited housing ownership per character?

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
You didn't know you can only on three houses? Well it's true. Three houses per wizard.

I also agree, ANY Professors listening to me, CHANGE THE PAY BACK OF HOUSES!

~Gorman Battlesword, owner of the Defenders Clan, Level 32, Proud Owner of a WC Cottage

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
However, i quickly noticed there were some minor flaws in this new update. The housing is cool and everything, but its all for looks. With the exception of the crafting tables, no furniture is actually to be used in any sort of way. Not the books, not the beds, nothing. I would like to say my ideas on the subject.

1) INTERACTIVE FURNITURE. Books can be read, beds, chairs, sofas, stools, etc. can be sat in or lay down on, cups or mugs picked up and drank from (some drinks may temporairly boost certain stats, for a big price, or if you have a limited supply in your house, but i will cover this soon.) Basically, when in certain range of an object, you can right-click (or left click, i dont suppose it matters) the item, and a menu comes up with your options. For example, if you right or left-clicked a sofa, an options menu could come up with Recline, Sit, and other actions that fit the item in question.

2)HOUSE MAPS, "MARAUDER STYLE" I think that this option could be reserved for the moderators of the house (the owner,) which is how i originally thought of it, but it could be for house guests as well. Basically, when you enter someone's house, including your own, a new button could appear that says "View House Map," or something similar. So basically, when you press it, a map would come up, showing the house that you are in. It could be layered, meaning a different layer of the map for different stories in the house if neccessary. If this is the case, there could be a set of buttons next to the map saying things like, "view story 2," "view story 3," and so on. But the thing i really like about this idea, is that it is "Maurader's Map" style (a reference to Harry Potter.) Basically, not only do you see a map of the house, little colored dots representing wizards in your house would be displayed. If the actual wizards went outside your house, so do the dots. They would be color coded, as below (please tell me if i missed a school, i do that sometimes

Myth-Yellow
Death-Black
Storm-Purple
Ice-Light blue
Fire-Red
Life-Green
Balance-Brown (i think this should be the color, if anyone has a better idea, please tell me so!)

So Yea. And if you clicked on these dots, the character page for the wizard it represents would come up (same as if you clicked on another character in-game.) I forgot to mention, the dots would also have the Wizards' name hovering above them, although this might become a problem becuase the name might block the map, or become illegible if a couple wizards are grouped together.

3)Neighborhoods (i think this idea was already mentioned, but i will write my ideas about it either way. Just a disclaimer.)

Everyone in Wizard101 who owns a house knows that the only way to get to a house that is not yours it to teleport to someone who is already inside it, which can become a real drag. Basically, i think everyone has heard of a game called ClubPenguin, and in my opinion they had an extremely good house system. Not neccessarily in the houses themselves, but visitng them. In their game, there is a little menu that you could open, which listed all the members houses on your server (assuming they aren't locked, i will talk about this in my final suggestion.) You could then go to their house, explore it, and leave when ready. The owner did have to be online at the time, but it does seem like the sort of thing we should make in Wizard101.

4), My final Suggestion. HOUSE GUARDS I mentioned above that in Clubpenguin, you could go to any member's house, as long as it wasn't locked, they were online, and on the same server as you. I would like you to notice the "unless it is locked" part. Some people may not want strangers in their home. In this case, i have two suggestions. One, "lock" your house. It simply wouldnt appear in the list of members' houses. Or, if you dont care if someone goes to your house or not, but dont want them to just get it for free, you could hire monsters to guard your house. Basically, if a person wanted to get to your house through the member menu, upon clicking your name, instead of getting to your house, they would find themselves battling your house guards. You could have any amount of guards between, say, 1 and 10. The higher your level, the stronger monster you could hire. You can't hire a monster more advanced then you (basically, a Krokotopian Wizard could not hire a monster in the Dragonsypre Level.) There would be no way to "skip" these guards. Basically, when one monster (or pair of monsters, or trio, or quartet) is defeated, you would be automatically teleported to the next group of monsters, if any. If all are defeated, you are teleported to the world gate of the house you are trying to get to. There could be two ways to pay for these guards. 1, pay them a daily, weekly, or monthly fee. a small amount, but you need to keep on paying them. If you suddenly did not have enough money, the guards would leave, one by one, until you had enough money to pay for the amount you have. Or 2, you pay a much larger amount once, and you keep them forever. Of course, the more advanced monster, the higher they charge.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Hey fello wizards, how do you make chess boards fly? Like on and on.

I just need a answer lol.