Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

secret to marleybone scrap iron collecting

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 22, 2009
i am not kidding when i say that this is the best way. go to chealsea court, and take the first right. all you do is look around the whole area after the right. then go to where you turned, and back so the minute is up. in about an hour and a half i went from 16 scrap iron to 41 scrap iron.

PLEASE NOTE that i did not figure this out, and to give all credit to steven mistwielder, level 50 balance wizard. please do not give me credit. if you see steven mistwielder, just say thanks and that chris sent you.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
if it takes you an hour a half to get 37 pieces how is that good? if you go to NEWGATE PRISON and walk between the 2 bossed MUGSY and the clock tower each realm, it will take you literarly 20 minutes and maybe 8 realms at most to get the 40 scrap iron. The likely hood is you woll end up with half over what you need.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
keira frostweaver, lev36 life wizard
i tried your idea, many times, all times of day/night, never see anyone else aound when late nite
Guess what? not one scrap iron bar has been there & i run the entire street
maybe they read your post and changed something!

Explorer
May 22, 2009
ace:
that may be true, but were you on at prime time? i was on during a prime time, and when i got on to finish the quest, i collected the rest in about 30 minutes. i bet that you got lucky, and you also found a great spot that i learned about later on. if you want to meet me some time, get on vampire server at 2:30 saturday august 8. meet me at the hedge maze where lady oriel is. my name is Chris Dusksword, level 50 necromancer. say yes or no and your name.

eganham:
you may be right. in an update they may have shut this area down a lot, but there are a few things that can really mess you up here

1. someone else might be collecting here, so you hit the server right after they just cleared it. happened to a friend.
2. no offense, but you may not be looking everywhere. there are a few hidden locations of scrap iron. if you want to meet, just read the end of the message to ace.

hope to see someone :-D

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
i need A LOT of scrap iron. I have a total of 3 when I need over 40! The requirements for crafting in Marleybone is MOSTLY scrap iron. I am willing to BUY scrap iron OR find it. Someone please tell me where I can find that much!

The most determined,
Timothy EarthSong

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
Hey, I tried the "take a right in Chelsea Court method, and believe it or not, it worked! I got enough scrap iron to make 3 out of the 4 items I needed to craft (I had already made one). I believe the other one, but this one works best for me.

-Kane LifeBane, level 36 Life Wizard-

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
If I got lucky there was a lot for sale at the bazaar in Wizard City.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
smirlgirl1030 wrote:
seriously come on i need scrap iron here

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Here, I've got a pretty nice trick to getting some scrap iron.

1. Go to any counterweight of choice. (For my experiment, I alternated between them)
2. Look around the bottom floor for scrap iron. If there is any, pick it up and leave. Otherwise, leave.
3. Repeat 1-2 until you got all the scrap iron you need

Results may vary.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Chelsea Court first right is pretty good. I learned how to play Shock-A-Lock while waiting to change realms. Check this out - if you do Shock-A-Lock, then change realms, you might get stuck on another silver chest in the next realm and can't move, either do the puzzle or port.

I will have to check out the Newgate prison.

Some in Big Ben too, but I forgot at what level.

Also some in District of the Stars in Celestia, including the Archivist.

Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
i followed this and totally got it. as soon as i got to the end of the street i got 6 scrap iron and a silver chest it is a really good way to get the scrap iron for crafting

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
Go in Counter Weight East and West on the first floor then change realms then do it again and again untill you have all you need.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
i did the counter weights and the take a right on chelsea court and they both work fine....

timothy deathbringer level 58

Survivor
Feb 05, 2010
smirlgirl1030 wrote:

You know to get items in the bazaar? Well people sell stuff there and you can buy as many as you want UNTIL you bought all the stuff what people sold.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2010
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
thank you thank you thank you thank you! i have the mb quest for crafting and i am ready, i just dont have enough scrap iron! thx!

if you need help i am around celestia on server= Wu area=1 just tell me who to look for

level 57 theurgist Charles Goldward

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
The ABSOLUTE BEST way to farm scrap iron is by repeatedly entering and leaving the East and West Towers at Big Ben. There is Scrap Iron as soon as you enter. Once you collect it then leave through the door to exit the dungeon.

Once out, and the dungeon is reset, turn around and go back in. I went from 8 peices of scrap iron to 84 peices in around 30 minutes.

Be sure to exit the dungeon from where you entered so that it resets otherwise when you next enter you will simply pick up from where you left off. And don't accept any quests from the characters inside the dungeon. Just get the scrap iron and turn around and leave.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I didn't get quite as much as you all had said, but I did get a bit. I got about 25 pieces in 30 minutes, and about 50 pieces of Mist Wood. It did take a bit of time. I also tried going to Chelsea Court and Newgate Prison, I found nothing in both, so the Counterweights are definitely your best bet to find Scrap Iron.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
yellow867 wrote:
i am not kidding when i say that this is the best way. go to chealsea court, and take the first right. all you do is look around the whole area after the right. then go to where you turned, and back so the minute is up. in about an hour and a half i went from 16 scrap iron to 41 scrap iron.

PLEASE NOTE that i did not figure this out, and to give all credit to steven mistwielder, level 50 balance wizard. please do not give me credit. if you see steven mistwielder, just say thanks and that chris sent you.

Well there goes a good way to get scrap iron either they will change it or people will be farming it so much that you will never get all you need thank goodness i am done with crafting. Oh well

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Survivor
Oct 31, 2010
if you go to the blue teleport in marleybone near there there should be some scrap iron once you have found some just keep changing relams. if it not showing up someone else is doing it too OR you can just find some where that has scrap iron and change relams :D

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
The chealsea court scrap iron finding works amazing, but it dosnt come around much, im a grandmaster crafter and i still use scrap iron. Why wizard 101, why?

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
The secret to collecting rare reagents is not telling others where you find rare reagents! If you tell everyone the best spot then it will be farmed so much that nobody can get any!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
eggywig wrote:
The secret to collecting rare reagents is not telling others where you find rare reagents! If you tell everyone the best spot then it will be farmed so much that nobody can get any!

eh, just go in and out of the counterweights.

since they're dungeons, the instance you load is yours, no one's going to get in there and take the reagents.

go back out the door then go in again to load a new instance.

you will find mistwood and scrap iron on the first floor.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2011
yellow867 wrote:

Does this really work?