Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nidavellir

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 23, 2009
I have finished every area of Grizzleheim except this one. I have found all the yardbirds and all of the books, except for those in this area. I missed picking up a quest from someone and have spent hours trying to find who. Can anyone help me and let me know who I have to speak to to get the quests for the area of Nidavellir? Thank you SO much for any help you can give me!!!

Jasmine Rainsong and dragon Elvis or orthrus Rufus
Level 50 Grandmaster Conjurer

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
I cant help you, sorry, but a friend of mine I was helping fight those big grendels. To me that is way over the top for life points. If You fight them all by yourself why cant you only fight one or of them if you are by yourself. did you have a lot of help with those grendels? I really don't like asking for help. I like doing a lot of quests by myself or with my friend. Thats it. What did you think about fighting those giant grendels?

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
litlhippo wrote:
I have finished every area of Grizzleheim except this one. I have found all the yardbirds and all of the books, except for those in this area. I missed picking up a quest from someone and have spent hours trying to find who. Can anyone help me and let me know who I have to speak to to get the quests for the area of Nidavellir? Thank you SO much for any help you can give me!!!

The King of Grizzleheim gives the quest for Jotun who is in Nidavellir. However, I don't see how you advanced past that to the Raven lands without completing the Jotun quest since I thought this was a main quest.

The left and right instances to Jotun where his brothers are have a yardbird or book, maze has book and other has yardbird. Also, there is a book by Jotun. Unless you're saying that you had help and did Jotun with his brothers still alive. If so, then you just need to go to Nidavellir and do the side instances until you find the book and the yardbird.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
I can see how it would be missed. When I leveled up to 40 two days ago, I was fighting in Mooshu and Ambrose asked me to visit - twice, once about things looking bad, and once about a task in Grizzleheim. When I got to him, he had nothing to say. I like Grizz and was bummed that I'd run out of story line there a few levels back, so I took a wander around Grizz anyway to see if I could spot some yellow exclamation marks. Right there Ironclaws in the main commons area told me to go see the King, who gave me the Jotun quest.

I'd suggest it's a bug that Ambrose had nothing to say after he invited me over to speak to me. I may never know what the other thing was he wanted. Except maybe I'll get stuck because of it later. :)

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
The books that you are missing are probably the ones in Jotun's brother's dungeons. They are in a maze.

Unfortunately, you can't get that quest until you are level 40. MA will summon you and send you to speak with the king at that point, although he forgot about me until I was level 50. If he hasn't or doesn't summon you when you are lvl 40, just go back and check the king. He will give you the quest for Nidavellir.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
Inspired wrote:
litlhippo wrote:

The King of Grizzleheim gives the quest for Jotun who is in Nidavellir. However, I don't see how you advanced past that to the Raven lands without completing the Jotun quest since I thought this was a main quest.

The left and right instances to Jotun where his brothers are have a yardbird or book, maze has book and other has yardbird. Also, there is a book by Jotun. Unless you're saying that you had help and did Jotun with his brothers still alive. If so, then you just need to go to Nidavellir and do the side instances until you find the book and the yardbird.
I am only level 23 and I bought it. Just go there and buy it then go in, THAT EASY. It is the same amount as Grizzleheim itself.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
I am level 23 and I can go to Nivalander [if that is how you spell it] and it is so hard! You don't need to be a special level to go in or battle Jotun!

Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
Wait, a second ... the quest for Jotun is just a side quest? I didn't even think you can get further in the game without defeating him.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
Survivor
Oct 10, 2009
umm i do know how to go in!! but you have to make sure you have access to grizzleheim first you cant go in if you just teleported to a friend there. well after that then see those big gates? the ones near the water fall. run in them and you can go in and also you can go in the dungeons

Delver
May 31, 2009
When you reach level 40 Ambrose call for you, now there have been glitches,he sent you to grizzlehiem, the guy you have been talking to lets you in to see the king finally.
When you go there are three dungeons. The one on the left contains the yardbird it has a central chamber and four conecting ones. All five have the same set up a 4000 boss and two 600-800 helpers all three fight, so if you solo come prepared. I believe the yardbird is is just inside either the fire or storm room off to the left. If you win through these five fight a door opens leading to two back to back rooms the first has three 1100 death guys the second I do not remember.
The dungoen to the right contains the book, this is a maze so if you cannot read your map it could take awhile. You will get caught and you will get often.

The center dungeon contians the boss you were send to beat on. When you get in there are several creatures you can beat on for fun life, death, and storm. When you face the boss he has three buddies all with high health and they do not like you. I would recommend bringing help some of these buddies have 8000 health you will not kill them quickly and they work together better than most bosses and there minions. GOOD LUCK!!!

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Got a question - When do you talk to the little grendel standing in the entrance? I got the Jotun quest, and have since completed all 3 instances, but have never been given the option to talk to the little grendel guy. Did I miss something?

Cat

Delver
May 31, 2009
CatSydsMom wrote:
Got a question - When do you talk to the little grendel standing in the entrance? I got the Jotun quest, and have since completed all 3 instances, but have never been given the option to talk to the little grendel guy. Did I miss something?

Cat

No you have not missed anything I have run multipule characters through this area and that little guy has yet to even say hi.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
Cat, dont worry about it, the grendel in Nidavellir is just there to look pretty... lol