Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

jade oni sword

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
yo i killed the jade oni a hundred times and i still haven't gotin the sword and my friends got the sword on their first try how do i get it? :-(

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
There's no sure fire way of getting it. If you want a better chance, you should fight the oni alone.

Hero
May 02, 2009
yeah, it's all about luck. sometimes you'll get it, sometimes you won't.

I should know, I've gotten it three times, but sold the other two.

But it all depends on luck, so just beat him and hope you get lucky and get it.

Explorer
Feb 16, 2009
Not to boast or anything but i got the jade oni sword for my frist time fighting it, and i got it twice. Just keep trying, or maybe give it a rest and a while later try it again

- Jasmine BlueGem Lvl 45 Thaumaturge
The Purifier

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Aw man when you fight the Jade Oni there is a chance of not getting the sword? Are you supposed to get the sword for the quest or is it just so you guys can sell it and get good money?

Defender
May 08, 2009
snakes924 wrote:
yo i killed the jade oni a hundred times and i still haven't gotin the sword and my friends got the sword on their first try how do i get it? :-(

Is it really that hard I beat him twice and got storm sword 8)

Defender
May 29, 2009

Don't be glib. It's not about "hard". Boss drops are about luck. I've been farming Jade Oni for days -- I have the sword already. I want the ninja pig statue.

Darkhole54321 wrote:
snakes924 wrote:

Is it really that hard I beat him twice and got storm sword 8)

Survivor
May 16, 2009
its pretty much all about luck.

I got the sword after killing him like 5 or 6 times. To tell you the truth i really wanted the jade oni of duplicity(the amulet) but instead i got the sword.

maybe if you try to focus on getting something else from him. you might get the sword

Alyssa NightFlame
Lvl 49 Master Thaumaturge
Draconian Slayer

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
snakes924 wrote:

well it sometimes works when you last longer in battle like i used a powerful wildbolt on him and he died ( with traps and blades ) and i got nothing i tried again and i lasted like 15 minutes and got the sword so maybe the longer you stay in fight the better your chances are

Defender
Aug 30, 2009
Survivor
Oct 05, 2008
Survivor
Oct 05, 2008
you have to kill the oni by yourself to get the sword. try going in there at lvl44 by yourself. :) one day you guys will get soner or later :) :) :)

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I got the Jade Oni sword on my first try... with three other people Yes, it was pure of the purest luck. :D I was very happy. I got some other swords also, one that gives a power pip and hits 100 fire damage... can't remeber the name of it now. The jade oni is an easy target and the death oni is hard because you must do the crimson fields for one shot at the sword... that doesn't sound like good percent for the amount of time consuming effort.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
snakes924 wrote:
yo i killed the jade oni a hundred times and i still haven't gotin the sword and my friends got the sword on their first try how do i get it? :(
I have gotten it twice. It took me like 25 times.