Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Cleanse" spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 19, 2008
Ok,

I propose a new 6 pip Myth spell. (Could easily be Life or Balance).
Target: Self
Percentage: 90%
Effect: Removes all traps currently on one target player.

The idea here is that some players will add layers and layers of traps attempting to defeat you in a single blow. This spell would allow players to break this pattern, cause tension in the attacker (is that player saving up for a "Cleanse" or an attack?), and should have the tactical effect on the game of breaking up larger attacks in favor of using smaller, more frequent attacks.

Also I would add a 7 pip spell that would do this for all players (Cleansing Breeze of some such) with a higher fizzle rate.

Defender
May 29, 2009

wait, myth wizards already have earthquake, minotaur, and orthrus that can literally blow through my tower/myth shields and still do heavy damage and leave me defenseless. Now you want a spell that makes it so I can't effectively attack you either? um, no thanks. ;-)

btw, as a fire wizard, I have a way of remove feint, hex, curse on myself already. I just fire shield myself and cast immolate. Sure it hurts me, but generally for far less what, oh let's say, orthrus or judgement would do to me.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2008
If you need lots of TRAPS on your OPPONENT as a fire wizard then you're doing it wrong. I'm a Grand Master Fire Wizard and have no problems with not using traps.

Traps = a tell that shows who you are about to target and with what type of spell.

Cleanse works on friendly players and yes, it makes you break your attacks into smaller strikes instead of going for a "Death Blow"

Earthquake does very little damage and is very expensive. It's main purpose is to break up large scale attacks. Cleanse works the same way except in reverse).

Why would this unbalance anything? They can't earthquake AND cleanse anywhere near each other.

Everyone keeps trying for the Kill in One strike win and my suggested spells are focused on breaking that "tactic" up and making you relay on ALL of your cards.

Hero
May 19, 2009
How about a new spell for ice, maybe something that gives a 25% or 30% shield to all players. Since balance has a blade that gives to all, life has a accuracy that gives to all, storm has a trap that gives to all, and fire has a minus accurcy that gives to all, so why not a weak tower shield that gives to all?