Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire?? Where?? Cant find him anywhere

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
Where is Malistaire, I am in the dungeon to get to him, have defeated both the fire and ice boss, and activated all three crystals, but where is Malistaire?? Even after doing all this, the door to the crown of fire is still locked, how do i get in?? I have been working for 2 months with my brother on how to get in, but we both try, and cannot get in, why is this??? How do you unlock the door to Malistaire's lair??????????

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Survivor
Oct 12, 2008
use quest helper. Oh btw you need to go in there with four people. Cause you need like to people to stay at the crystals to keep them going. Then wait for a couple minutes then the door should unlock and tell yuor friends to port. ;)

Explorer
May 22, 2008
You have to defeat the monsters on both sides of the entrance within a certain amount of time.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
you need to activate all the crystals at the same time. there are three. put your compass on and look for the arrow saying crown of fire and go there. there are too minions guarding the door to malistaire and they need to be defeated at the same time because they come back. then you fight four ghost things then malistaire. hope this helped. if not, name a place and time and i'll go with you.

Kane Ironfist- grandmaster pyromancer, master of fire.

Defender
May 28, 2009
Since it sounds like you are doing everything correctly and I can't imagine why you are having trouble with this, I will go through the procedure step-by-step and you can see if there is anything that you might be missing.
Obviously, you know how to get to the fire and ice Gurtoks. So, lets start there. Assuming that you have already defeated them (which is not at all necessary, by the way, but they do have really great drops) your next step is to activate the crystals. One is on the platform on the other side of the Ice Gurtok. One is on the platform on the other side of the Fire Gurtok. And one is through the Dragons Maw and around to another platform in the same room as the other two. You will need to make sure that you can coordinate all three people standing at the crystals and have them all activate the three crystals at the same time. If you do it right you will hear a sound and see some text show up that says, "Door Open" or something to that effect. Once that is done correctly you can go through the door.
A note on this before I continue: Recently, three friends and I wanted to go to Malistaire just to have some extra fun after farming both Gurtoks for over two hours (No Gurtok does not regenerate. We were restarting). One of our wizards went through Dragons Maw and got in place and then someone said, "Go" and we all pressed the X at the same time but nothing happened. The wizard that went to the third crystal was new to all of this so one of us ported to her and tried again (since we had four people). It still did not work. Then the person that went to assist her turned around and saw that both Gurtoks where there and walking around. We knew that was impossible because Gurtok does not regenerate and we had already defeated them both. Somehow or another the instance was overlapping another instance (I'm just guessing because we never figured out what was going on) and so even though we were all pressing X at the same time two were in one instance and one SEEMED to be in another. The only way for you to discover if this is the problem for YOUR difficulty is to defeat Gurtok and then see if he still exists around the other side.
Once done there and through the door all you have to do is walk down the hall and defeat the two dragons on either side of the last door. They both have to be defeated within about 30-45 seconds of each other so make sure you create a small "Quick Kill" deck and have one person fight on either side. Ride the clock when you are ready to make the final strike and time it right with the person on the other side. If either one takes too long to make the kill then you will have to wait for them to respawn. After that door is open it is on to Malistaire's lair where you must defeat 4 ghost and then Malistaire. I hope this helps you find out why you are not able to get in. If you have further trouble let me know and I will see if I can help.

Matthew Darkhand, GrandMaster Pyromancer
and Diesel too!

Survivor
May 30, 2009

i would like to do a battle with malistare.if you want help im in!
talon erathdreamer level 28 adept pyromancer
i have really strong treasure cards

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
Malistare is easy to find.
He is in the Crown of fire.

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
i dont see why you guys are having such a hard time understanding the question i think the problem is that you are not turning on all the crystals at the same time.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
Do you really need three people to turn on the crystals? I have seen posts like "me and a friend", "me and my son", etc have gone to defeat Mal and I was just wondering if there is a way to do it with two people? Otherwise my daughter and I are waiting for her uncle to catch up to go through.

Defender
May 28, 2009
LeaWildcat wrote:
Do you really need three people to turn on the crystals?

It is possible to go through with just two people, but you kinda have to time it just right. One person (on a fast machine btw) needs to leave a mark at one crystal and then go to another. If you can press X then port to your mark and press X again fast enough then you can get through with only two people. Like I said, you have to time it just right because you only have a few seconds to activate the other crystal before it resets. Good Luck.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
ok he is in the dragons maw i think never got to that part before but i have seen such a place

Courtnyey spell hunter
8)

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
hey can anybody help me?i read seekanddestroy's mesage.so can you help me fight malistare?today.right now!