Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

'All Enemy' Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Several spells can be used against all enemies like Meteor Strike and Humongofrog but they still require you to select a certain enemy.

The problem is if that enemy dies before it's your turn, your spell does not execute and you also lose the pips for that spell.

Sometimes, when you have 3 others battling with you and take awhile to select their spells, you do not have enough time to change which enemy to target. Since this is a spell for all enemies I feel it should execute regardless of which enemy is targeted and preferably be more like the Pixie healing spell which does not require targeting at all

Thx

Defender
May 29, 2009
yes, I agree with this. It doesn't happen that much, but when it does, it's a bit frustrating. Since it's an AoE spell, I would suggest changing it so that you don't need to target an enemy. It automatically applies to all of them. Thanks.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
Well, that's the whole incorporation of the "teamwork" concept in this game. I believe All Enemy spells are used to "Finish 'em off". So you should try to use these spells after your teammates have chosen their attack plan. That's if you're the last in a group. If your second or third in a group you would just wait until the people to the right of you have finished their attack plan. Also, tell them you are going to summon Meteor Strike or something. Working together should make everything run smoothly (great, now I sound like a Character Education teacher .)

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
That would be very convenient, it doesn't make sense that a multi target spell shouldn't go off because one of those targets is unavailable.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
I agree that you should not have to choose an enemy for all-enemy spells. Similar to pixie, summoning minions, etc. there are spells that do not require a target. The same should be true for these spells.

On a side note, I would like to see an all-enemy spell for the death school. Balance, myth, fire, storm, and ice have one. I don't think life or death have one. Seems unfair. I bought amulets to give me cards for some of them, but it would be nice to have one in my school so I could take advantage of power pips when using the card.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Agreed. This could probably be coded in a fashion similar to the pixie spell for non-life characters, where you select the spell and the target is automatically chosen.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
nomad117 wrote:
Well, that's the whole incorporation of the "teamwork" concept in this game. I believe All Enemy spells are used to "Finish 'em off". So you should try to use these spells after your teammates have chosen their attack plan. That's if you're the last in a group. If your second or third in a group you would just wait until the people to the right of you have finished their attack plan. Also, tell them you are going to summon Meteor Strike or something. Working together should make everything run smoothly (great, now I sound like a Character Education teacher .)

In a perfect world, I agree. Unfortunately, I am not always in a group, and other players won't always change their target/card to accommodate me. Add in the timer and the fact many do not have text chat, which means I have to navigate the message chat to impart my desires, and more often than not I am not going to be able to get everything set up in time.

While this does not happen very often, it is very frustrating. Trying to cast a 4 pip spell and set it all up just to have the enemy die before my turn in that round doesn't seem right for this type of spell.

Defender
May 28, 2009
I think that there may have been an update. I have not tested it fully or tried it in PVE yet. But at least in PVP I have noticed that these spells started firing regardless of who I chose. I have in two cases over the weekend and one case last night found that even though I had selected an individual that became defeated the spell fired anyway. Two times I used Dragon and once I used Meteor Shower. I think that this has been corrected! YAY! It had to have been recent though because Wednesday or Thursday of last week I made the mistake of selecting someone who became defeated and lost my pips and didn't fire the spell. I have been PLAGUED by this bug and am glad that it is gone (in pvp anyway). Yay, KI, keep up the good work!

P.S. Yes it is about teamwork. Unfortunately, we can't always select our spells quickly enough to let the others know what is going on. Most times we spend the animation time and the first 15 seconds of "spell selection" talking about strategy. By the time I pick a Dragon and click on someone I am doing it so fast that I don't care who I click on. Now I don't have to care YAY!

Defender
May 29, 2009

No, AoE (area of effect) spells are not necessarily closing spells. I'm fire school and meteor strike and scald are both AoE spells are primary attack spells. Bladed, they do heavy damage against mobs so that you can use lesser spells to finish them off if needed.

The concept of "teamwork" is already taken into account here. However, teamwork sometimes falls apart when strangers join your battle, don't have text chat, and may very well be younger kids who may not communicate during battle as well. You can't communicate that you're using metor chat if the others only have menu chat.

Teamwork aside, there's just the logic of an AoE attack. It's meant to impact all enemies. It's not logical to have to target a single enemy to make this happen.

nomad117 wrote:

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
im having this weird problem lately. whenever im in a dungen and a freind teleports in and i get stuck in a battle and die, when i try to go back in to the dungen the entire dungen resets and i cant teleport back to my freinds in the dungen. does anyone know how to avoid this problem? because this keeps happening I cant get past counterwait east and im dieing to get to mooshu.

jacob boomwalker lvl32 ice