Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

-1 Bug ruining ranking system

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2008
Ever since the first rank reset there has been a new bug. The -1 Rank bug. This bug tricks the system to thinking that your rank is -1, so it sets you up in duels against players many levels lower, and against the lowest rank they can find. Then you are awarded buckets of rank. It is not fair and so many people are abusing this. The new Top 100 means nothing.

KI please just think for a second. The first PvP Preview season the highest rank was like 1450 and that was after the WHOLE season, and now after a month people are close to 5000. How would that be possible? These players are exploiting the system with this bug. Rank should not be that high, especially after only a month.

I used to love doing PvP for rank because I wanted to see how I matched up against all the other players. But with this bug, anyone can get mad high rank from destroying, lower skilled and leveld people in the arena. How is that a match up of skills? Just about any Master-Grandmaster who knows how to cast a spell can beat levels 1-10. It is ridiculous and not even skill. It is cheap.

Hero
May 19, 2009
if that is true then i should start dueling with my grandmaster again, bc of now my level 15 death wizard cant get past the rank of knight they always pair me up with levels 22-45. at least with my grandmaster i know i will be the one with the unfair advantage

Explorer
May 22, 2008
I completely agree and hope that KI is in the process of working on a fix! (Not right now of course since it's the weekend, but hopefully this week).

Defender
May 28, 2009
I agree that this needs to be fixed. As soon as I hit more than 950-1000 Rank points I found that this started happening a LOT. Then I noticed that my wizard had Private above his head. When the pairing system puts me with very low level wizards I get insane rank points. When the pairing system puts me with appropriate grands with high rank I get less than ten. I have literally gotten 2 points for a match that lasted a little over an hour. It makes me wonder how match points are awarded / determined in the first place. But that is a subject for another thread. I don't think that you can fairly say that people are "Exploiting" the bug. Are we all supposed to stop playing just because there is a problem with pairing? What about those of us who are still trying to get our arena gear? I get three tickets minimum for each match. I'm not going to forgo getting those tickets just because my toon is bugged at the moment. KI please fix this problem. I have already been called a cheater twice because I was "using" the -1 bug. I'm just trying to play the game and get my gear. It's KI's problem, not mine.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
Yankees15x wrote:
Ever since the first rank reset there has been a new bug. The -1 Rank bug. This bug tricks the system to thinking that your rank is -1, so it sets you up in duels against players many levels lower, and against the lowest rank they can find. Then you are awarded buckets of rank. It is not fair and so many people are abusing this. The new Top 100 means nothing.

KI please just think for a second. The first PvP Preview season the highest rank was like 1450 and that was after the WHOLE season, and now after a month people are close to 5000. How would that be possible? These players are exploiting the system with this bug. Rank should not be that high, especially after only a month.

I used to love doing PvP for rank because I wanted to see how I matched up against all the other players. But with this bug, anyone can get mad high rank from destroying, lower skilled and leveld people in the arena. How is that a match up of skills? Just about any Master-Grandmaster who knows how to cast a spell can beat levels 1-10. It is ridiculous and not even skill. It is cheap.
true i feel the same way its not right to low lvl players for like a weak the first fight of ever day i get a real low lvl not cool i feel bad when i have to kill them i cant flee :( its not right to them and something is up with the ranks i have been playing for a long time and dont see how you could have that rank i think with a rank reset and a new top player list on set dates and something with the bug i as well have been in a match and got nothing for the win two time and i have been in a 4 vs4 and had it pass me :?not to cool something is bad wrong please get us a fix to this asap scot deathhammer grandmaster fire-balance-master-storm-noob myth :D