Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death Trap issue.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
This evening I noticed that anytime I used my Death Trap spell, while also using Death Prism in conjunction with, the Death Trap spell was ignored completely every time out. It was working fine under all other circumstances, but it seemed to only become ignored when I used my Death Prism.

Death Prism had no issues whilst Feint, Death Blade and Curse were up, along with Death Prism, with or without a chain of each; but like I stated, it would always ignore Death Trap, with or without them being a part of a chain.

Any other Death Wizards notice this tonight?

This was not happening at any time previous to tonight and I have been playing for a month.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
Broooklyn wrote:
This evening I noticed that anytime I used my Death Trap spell, while also using Death Prism in conjunction with, the Death Trap spell was ignored completely every time out. It was working fine under all other circumstances, but it seemed to only become ignored when I used my Death Prism.

Death Prism had no issues whilst Feint, Death Blade and Curse were up, along with Death Prism, with or without a chain of each; but like I stated, it would always ignore Death Trap, with or without them being a part of a chain.

Any other Death Wizards notice this tonight?

This was not happening at any time previous to tonight and I have been playing for a month.

The timing for when to use Death Prism is vital. I have noticed that as long as death prism is the fist spell you cast on your opponent, all other power will be activated before Death Prism thus super powering your death attack spell just before it is converted to life magic Obliterating your opponent in a single shot.

but only if you cast Death Prism before any other power ups. I hope this helps.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
The logic the game uses is Last spell cast is the first one used. So with that being said it is best to use your prism first so that it will use all your traps. You can use feint or curse before the prism because they are not death specific damage but if you use a death specific trap before the prism it will not register because the damage will be converted before it is the death traps turn. Lets say you cast:

3rd Prism 2nd 25%Death trap 1st 20%Death trap the game will Use the newest to oldest there for both your 25 and 20 won't be used.

Hope that makes sense.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
While feint and curse are 'general', death trap is specific, therefore order matters. You must put up the Prism first, then the trap. Remember, last in, first fired....therefore:

Trap then prism: Prism coverts to life, and therefore the trap doesn't recognize as it is now life.
Prism then trap: Trap boosts, then is converted.

Please note, this can also be used to an advantage:
1) An eco-freak lifer casts a death shield on a companion, just cast a prism, and it converts, ignoring the shield.
2) Spirit trap cast on both sides of a prism will allow you to use the first spirit trap for the converted damage, and the second will magnigiy the death spell before conversion.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Beautiful! Thanks so much for taking the time to reply guys. Now it all makes sense!

Much appreciated!