Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hydra spell wrong school?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 24, 2009
the Hydra is a Greek Myth monster. so shouldn't it be Myth? (i am Myth but still)

Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
Balance is The Balance Of All Things. PLUS, I've seen LOTS of Myth Greekology spells, such as Kraken, and Storm Lord (He's supposed to be Zeus, isn't he?) XD

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
in this case myth DOES not mean ACTUAL mythology..... it jus seems like it because of minotaur and stuff :P... myth is suppose to be imagination and with that imagination if they can handle it they summon the creature..... and things like storm arent litteraly storm although the attacks are it means things like brain storming inventing... all schools are like this their meaning is not with the school name but the attacks sort of are.....

Defender
Apr 28, 2009
actually i think kraken is seafaring tales not greek myths. but i'm not in college so whatever, but isnt kraken supposed to be a giant squid not some purple thing? PS you should see a fire kraken. they are so kool.

Hero
May 19, 2009
there is a differnce between mythology and wizard101's school of myth. In truth just about every spell is taken from mythology such as the unicorn, frost giant, fire dragon, minotaur, centaur, phenix, kraken and so on.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
Resetti123 wrote:
Balance is The Balance Of All Things. PLUS, I've seen LOTS of Myth Greekology spells, such as Kraken, and Storm Lord (He's supposed to be Zeus, isn't he?) XD
yea he looks like him. And centaur is from greek mythology

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
Lol. And the funny thing is myth is the school that gets one of the only spells that isnt a myth. Earthquake.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
Guys not real mythology lol
Hydra was six headed though in the time but so what

And storm lord looks excatcly like the god ( he is greek not myth!) Zeus

Hero
May 19, 2009
peachtheferret wrote:
actually i think kraken is seafaring tales not greek myths. but i'm not in college so whatever, but isnt kraken supposed to be a giant squid not some purple thing? PS you should see a fire kraken. they are so kool.

well i dont really remember but wasnt there a kraken in the movie, clash of the titans?

Explorer
May 24, 2009
Resetti123 wrote:
storm lord is posiedon

Hero
May 19, 2009
Helios713 wrote:
Resetti123 wrote:
storm lord is posiedon

I think you may be wrong, Posidon was the god of the seas and Zeus is very well known for throwing lightning bolts.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
Helios713 wrote:
the Hydra is a Greek Myth monster. so shouldn't it be Myth? (i am Myth but still)

I think there are only a handfull of people who noticed this but, the colors of all three if Hydras heads stand for something. His red head stands for fire, his white head stands for ice, and his purple head stands for storm.
Fire, ice and storm are the three origonal schools. Basicly, balance is the thgree origonal schools combinde. He has to be in balance :D

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
No Hydra isn't in the wrong school...Balance has spectral blast which is randomly storm, fire, or ice. Then the spectral minion is either storm, fire, or ice...Hydra is just like a spectral monster o.O

Storm, fire, and ice.

That's why the school is called balance I suppose :P

Hope this cleared something up (:

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Well, if hydra was in the Myth school, then the colors of the heads would be blue and yellow, when they look much cooler with three different colored heads, and also, when you combine the three elemental schools, you have a balance in nature, so that's why Hydra is in the balance school. Hoped this helped. (B.T.W. not even apart of either school)

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:
Helios713 wrote:
Resetti123 wrote:
storm lord is posiedon

I think you may be wrong, Posidon was the god of the seas and Zeus is very well known for throwing lightning bolts.

Yes, I agree. It's Zeus. And note the word STORM in the name. Not sea not water. Storm. Anyway. I think that ya it kindof is in the wrong school. If you just switch hydra and earthquake around that would be good. :D
~Chelsea Skytalon

Survivor
Jun 29, 2010
Actually I Kinda think Storm lord is a combination of them both.
But like DarthNexus said If We took all the Creatures that were from myth and put them into the myth school then let's just say we'd Have about only one school to choose from