Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

HEALTH - or lack there of

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 08, 2009
Professor Greyrose can you PLEASE explain to me and others why health cards suddenly fizzle all the time. Perhaps i'm wrong but I could of sworn the whole point in being a life student was to heal. Now because of people who pvp life students complaining, healing is more dificult. Since when did masters have say over everyone else, and why above all is this if a pvp matter not related to the arenas but afecting general game play?

While on the subject my other question is where did you or how dod you come up with percentages for accuracy? Because a death spell say vampire as an example, fizzleing 4 times in a roe is a FAR FAR cty from 85% accuracy.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
ace05843 wrote:

While on the subject my other question is where did you or how dod you come up with percentages for accuracy? Because a death spell say vampire as an example, fizzling 4 times in a roe is a FAR FAR cty from 85% accuracy.

I am a level 44 death wizard, and I have never once had the same singular 85% accuracy spell fizzle on me 4 consecutive times. Twice/back to back, yes, but 4 consecutivetimes...nope. In my opinion you are exaggerating this a bit, in the hopes that the developers will simply make fizzling less and less.

Players in general only ever keep track/remember/take note/create a mental snapshot of moments of fizzle/failure, while paying absolutely no real attention to how often they do NOT fizzle their spells.

Fizzle for anyone at any time can be frustrating, but it is part of the game. Without it, you lose the sense of danger. I have been in quite a few situations where I have had 2 spells (both of the same type and also of differing aspects) consecutively fizzle while in a battle, and it irks at times, but in all honesty, it makes the game much more enjoyable, because when you finally do get a spell off after such a instance, it makes the hit that much more pleasurable.

Again though, in all the hours I have put into this game, not once did one singular 85% accuracy spell fizzle 4 consecutive times while not having any accuracy shields up against me.

There are far too many whining threads regarding fizzle on these boards...and I for one do not want KI to alter anything, because as much as fizzle can annoy me at times as well, it is a necessary component.

---

Now, for those who will disregard what I said, and of course start in on the spells that should always go off without fizzle...ie...100% spells...my above post does not mention this at all, so do not bother adding in the "But what about spells that should always without question hit". That...would be an issue I can understand if some are experiencing that. I personally must say...that I have never had any issue with a spell that states 100% on it fizzling...UNLESS...there was an accuracy shield up against it.

As far as healing cards...never once has one fizzled on me either.

Defender
May 15, 2009
ace05843 wrote:
Professor Greyrose can you PLEASE explain to me and others why health cards suddenly fizzle all the time.

"All" the time?

ace05843 wrote:
fizzleing 4 times in a roe is a FAR FAR cty from 85% accuracy.

How so?