Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dungeons in Houses

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 15, 2008
Hello!
My brother and I had a FANTASTIC idea! What if house owners could have a dungeon? And in the dungeon, the owner can place a certain amount of monsters. Maybe the types of monsters that I (Let's just say "I" instead of owner) can place can only be monsters that I have defeated, or just bosses so the dungeon isn't so cluttered.

I can choose whether only four wizards can go in at a time, or unlimited.

The dungeons are basically one street (Ex. Unicorn Way) and the wizards in it have to defeat all the bosses to get to the end and claim their prize.

No-Matter-What prizes could be a Badge that says "House Dungeons Completed- *Number goes here*, gold, reagents/recipe, and a chest with a random item. I don't think us wizards should get experience points after the battles, however, because we don't want everyone training in House Dungeons, or else that would defeat the purpose of all the other dungeons and streets throughout Wizard101.

If someone dies in my house dungeon, they appear by the world gate in my house with zero hp/mana. Therefore, they would have to restart the dungeon or accept defeat and train to a higher level.

Benefits of a house dungeon:
1. Gives something else to do at my house.
2. It gives more than just putting furniture in my house.
3. I can customize my dungeon with furniture items and decide the layout of the street.
4. It's so darn fun!

Side notes (so far):
1. The length of my dungeon is determined by how many bosses I have placed.
2. Yes, house dungeons have the little blue mana-boosters and red health-boosters.

I really hope KingsIsle takes this into consideration!

--Erica SpiritCaster & Wolf DarkBlood--

Survivor
Jun 25, 2008
THAT IDA IS SOO COOL! I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A DUNGEON IN MY CASTLE! BUT I THINK YOU HAVE TO BUY A CASTLE TO GET ONE, AND IT COSTS GOLD, THE BIGGER THE DUNGEON, THE MORE GOLD IT WIL COST. :D

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
That actually sounds pretty interesting. Maybe you can have an option to buy one of the current in-game dungeons and place it in your house?

Explorer
May 10, 2009
Survivor
Oct 15, 2008
DPVSaint wrote:
That actually sounds pretty interesting. Maybe you can have an option to buy one of the current in-game dungeons and place it in your house?

That sounds like a good idea.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
Survivor
May 28, 2009
I agree! that would be so cool. Another idea though, would be that you could own those empty houses along the streets like the ones in fire cat alley, unicorn way, ect. I would pay a fortune to get one before they all filled up. Also, no matter what realm you are in, the owner of the house should stay the same, and not a whole bunch of people can buy a single house, like dorm rooms, where every goes into in the same house. Also, you can only get in if the owner lets you.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2010
Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
Awesome idea i would love to go to my house and battle Sylvia, Cyrus, Malistare, Krokopatra, Smogger, Dr. Von Katenstinen, Pops O'Leary, Freddy nine lives, Lord Nightshade, Nightstalkers, Agony Wraith, bosses from Counterweights and big ben, Jade, War, Death, and plauge Onis, though it would be cool if there was a clone of the owner you could battle and he/she is in a tower either like tower of war or stormdrain tower

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
i think thats cool but wouldnt it be kinda creepy if you constantly had people in your house?

Defender
Feb 17, 2009
Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
Ansem789 wrote:
Yeah! a dungeon I can trap people in!

woooooo!~ trapping people :D ooh yeaaa; like dat idea

Survivor
Sep 09, 2008
Survivor
Sep 09, 2008
Offit1 wrote:
Awesome idea i would love to go to my house and battle Sylvia, Cyrus, Malistare, Krokopatra, Smogger, Dr. Von Katenstinen, Pops O'Leary, Freddy nine lives, Lord Nightshade, Nightstalkers, Agony Wraith, bosses from Counterweights and big ben, Jade, War, Death, and plauge Onis, though it would be cool if there was a clone of the owner you could battle and he/she is in a tower either like tower of war or stormdrain tower

I think this would be good also. I would love to have my friends battle me without all the work ( XD )

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
blugenius wrote:
Offit1 wrote:

I think this would be good also. I would love to have my friends battle me without all the work ( XD )

ty and you are right it would be cool o wait i already said that well ty and i hope they do put this on Wizard101 because i would love to go into the dungeon and battle me and if i invited friends it could be
Me and my Friends vs. Me

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
AMAZING IDEA :-o :D

I'd love love love love love love love love to have a dungeon in our houses! I think it would be really cool if you could make a plot line, decide what attacks the bosses have, and maybe even decide the items that are in it!!! I think depending on your house and your level you should have a wider selection of bosses and items to put in it. It would be completely super extremely epic if we could design a boss or even be a boss O: (PLOT TWIST xD)

~AWESOME IDEA!

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
Heck, I'd be satisfied if they just gave us wandering monsters as house items.

That'd be cool though, and it'd help folks who have issues with harrassment from unwanted visitors to their castles.

I'd love to own my own version of the Sunken City in my Death house..

Historian
May 15, 2009
this has sweet potential but it does have a few things wrong this could be made so u can do this after a particularly hard quest like for lvl 50's only or something i dunno lol
where u can purchase the construction of your dungeon the style and stuff will count towards total cost and the bosses/enemies u place in will also have costs
you can also have an option to choose whether a sigil is there or its an open dungeon for people to enter and battle at will
like the creator of this thread said no Exp or rewards from battle
but like at the end you could have a treasure chest where you could put money for like if it were a sigil and the rewards would be divided equally
if not u could assign certain bosses to hold this gear and gold and stuff and it will still be distributed equally

let me know what you think

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
I really hope this goes live. then if we can battle a boss of ourselves i could make it so the last battle in my dungeon takes place in a tower like this:
First floor: Halloween trickster
2nd floor: 2 Lord nightshade
3rd floor: Krokophepht and Krokomen
4th floor: Jade Oni, Death Oni, Plauge Oni, and War Oni
5th floor: Krokopatra, Pops O'Leary, Freddy Nine Lives ( if you mess with the green wisps before the timer runs out and Krokopatra and Pops arrive Freddy arrives)
6th floor: the Gurtoks
7th floor: Youkai, Herkir, Mumin Mistweaver
8th floor: Old Smokey, Sprokets, Belows, Dr. Von Katzenstein
9th floor: Smogger, Stoker, Spike the Crusher
10th floor: 2 Agony Wraith, Meowiary, Jacques the Scrathcher
11th floor: Me, Malistare Drake, Cyrus Drake, Sylvia Drake

and it would be cool if we could make our own Dungeon Storyline like in dungeons and if our dungeons could take place in our wizard 101 quests where we are sent to battle in our dungeon and we talk to some one there.
for example:

Into Your Dungeon
1st: talk to your self
2nd: defeat your self
3rd: talk to Simenon
like that and like i said we make our own storyline for it and ex.:

Your On
1st: talk to Kyle Deathwalker
2nd: defeat Prince Gobblerton
3rd: defeat Biti Nirini
4th: defeat Gearhead
5th: defeat Katsumori
6th: defeat General Firetusk
7th: defeat Ivar Anderson
8th: talk to Kyle Deathwalker
9th: defeat Kyle Deathwalker
10th: talk to Kyle Deathwalker (he shows up on the next floor in the tower you have to talk to him there to complete the dungeon)( All creatures exept ones in the 11 floor tower are street creatures)
now this was just a example of what i may make mine but its notthing like how your would be this was a example of how i will make mine anyways i can't wait

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
I really like this idea cause I am a level 50 Diviner so I have nothing to do anymore Wiz101 is getting a bit boring.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
ThePieMaster wrote:
I really like this idea cause I am a level 50 Diviner so I have nothing to do anymore Wiz101 is getting a bit boring.

dude i know how you fell i have finished the story part of the spiral till summer so i also have nothing to do

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
It's a good idea, well, awesome idea, but you should need to successfully test the dungeon before publishing it.

Explorer
Nov 07, 2009
I think it's an amazing idea! But if it costs then maybe it shouldn't be with crowns, so that more people can access it. Or maybe crowns for some aspects of it, like to have certain bosses/ monsters.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009