Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

TAKE COMMAND OF YOUR MINIONS!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 01, 2009
you know how when you set up all of your traps and blades and have everything set to make a powerful spell into a super powerful spell then you summon your minion and say it is a fire minion and you are fire and the minion wastes the traps you set up on a fire elf?! or when the forest sprite heals someone with full health instead of someone who really needs it?
now you can take control of your minion and tell it who to attack or what to attack with! you can tell your minion to heal someone specific or but a trap or blade on someone! if you think this idea is or plz reply.
paul fireward master pyromancer

Survivor
May 22, 2009
It's not a bad suggestion, but it would be rather over-powered if we could take controll of our minions. Having two turns in one would be unfair to players who don't get their minions until later levels, especially in PvP situations.

Defender
May 28, 2009
This has been suggested a lot. I personally think that it would be easily controlable via a bubble chat option that appears when your minion is summoned. Just like the Battle Orders menu that is currently available. This would start with three options Buff, Damage, Heal and then each one of those menus would have the available positions (Knife, Key, Spiral, etc.) and then those menus would open up to actual cards that the minion carried (Not the ones in their hand because I don't think they have a hand of cards per say). If the minion could do what you are asking them then they would do it. If not then the minion would pass until it could. At first the minion would select its own spell. The menu would allow you to "Change" what it is doing. That way if it is about to do something wrong you could postpone your own spell selection and change its spell selection first. Otherwise you can let it do whatever it wants to. This is will allow the user control when they need it and allow the minion to be a normal minion all the other times.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
i agree, i don't care if it would be over powered against the people that don't have them, THEY NEED TO LEVEL UP. im in fire school and level 28 sure ain't easy to get.

Explorer
Feb 01, 2009
Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
i like that idea i hate it when i summon my minion and then another person comes and then the minion uses all the cards on him/ her then its a big waste!

oh and to Fawne, it would be fair because you dont have to do pvp battles and when level 3s or 4s come, its their own choice. and in other situations, the enimies have four on two of us and using a minion is faster and ups our chances of winning.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
I think thats a really good idea, your example actually happened to me and i ended up losing! :( so to be able to choose a card for your minion use is in maybe something like a side hand that comes up when you minion is summoned would be cool!

Devin Firestrider, Master pyromaniac, i mean pyromancer

Hero
May 27, 2009
Good idea, even if we could only tell the minion whether or not to play or pass. That way, if the minion wants to cast a non-useful spell, you could "cancel" it for them and continue with your planned strategy.

Defender
May 15, 2009
Fawne wrote:
It's not a bad suggestion, but it would be rather over-powered if we could take controll of our minions.

It would throw minions out of balance.

If you cast a minion instead of that powerful spell, you 'asked for it'.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Zigmon wrote:
At first the minion would select its own spell. The menu would allow you to "Change" what it is doing. That way if it is about to do something wrong you could postpone your own spell selection and change its spell selection first. Otherwise you can let it do whatever it wants to. This is will allow the user control when they need it and allow the minion to be a normal minion all the other times.

Would this work? To add a NEW treasure card recipe for just this type of thing. It would cost you one turn to play it so the game balance is not effected, with this card you would be able to change it to buff, damage or heal. and just as Zigmon said them you could click on the person, enemy or your self whom you want your minion to cast ie; just like a normal round, the
Minion would ALSO have a 1 to 3% chance of no listining to you and do its own thing, just like the Fizzle rates are. IMO I think this could work very well.

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
What needs to be done is that the coding of, say, the sprite, needs to be tested and repaired, so that it doesn't have such bad judgment anymore.

Defender
May 28, 2009
SyphaN wrote:
To add a NEW treasure card recipe for just this type of thing. It would cost you one turn to play it so the game balance is not effected, with this card you would be able to change it to buff, damage or heal. and just as Zigmon said them you could click on the person, enemy or your self whom you want your minion to cast ie; just like a normal round, the
Minion would ALSO have a 1 to 3% chance of no listining to you and do its own thing, just like the Fizzle rates are. IMO I think this could work very well.

Just to clarify, I am suggesting that functionality that I detailed above would be inherent and part of the "Normal" operation of a minion. I am not suggesting that a person should summon a minion and then cast another card that would give them control over that minion. Is that what you are suggesting? That there should be a separation between summoning and controlling?

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Even having the ability to "tell" your minion to use a passive or aggressive action would be helpful.

So you could dictate whether your minion uses a passive card (blades, traps, shields, etc..) or an aggressive card (meteor shower, fire elf, etc...)

Survivor
Oct 01, 2008
KingWizerd wrote:
i like that idea i hate it when i summon my minion and then another person comes and then the minion uses all the cards on him/ her then its a big waste!

oh and to Fawne, it would be fair because you dont have to do pvp battles and when level 3s or 4s come, its their own choice. and in other situations, the enimies have four on two of us and using a minion is faster and ups our chances of winning.

Lots of people would complain, I know how alot of people act in the game and LOTS of people would complain that its overpowered in pvp and then this forum will become a war forum on if they should keep it or not, and with that balance would be even stronger because they put a storm blade on themselves and then their minion does a balance blade, then you do the hex and the faint and then boom judgement going out doing around 3000 or even 4000 if your lucky. When I first saw this forum I thought it would be a good idea but then I thought of the overpowered thing and since it seems that you don't care if its overpowered and if they do add this get ready for balance to take top 5 in pvp.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2008
SyphaN wrote:
Zigmon wrote:
At first the minion would select its own spell. The menu would allow you to "Change" what it is doing. That way if it is about to do something wrong you could postpone your own spell selection and change its spell selection first. Otherwise you can let it do whatever it wants to. This is will allow the user control when they need it and allow the minion to be a normal minion all the other times.

Would this work? To add a NEW treasure card recipe for just this type of thing. It would cost you one turn to play it so the game balance is not effected, with this card you would be able to change it to buff, damage or heal. and just as Zigmon said them you could click on the person, enemy or your self whom you want your minion to cast ie; just like a normal round, the

BALANCE NOT EFFECTED?!?! What is the world coming to today...if that happend then balance would be complaining that they completely lose in pvp. THINK OF OTHER SCHOOLS!

Malvin FrogBringer
Magus Balance Wizard

"The patent...get cookies..."

Explorer
Feb 01, 2009
AuroraGriffin wrote:
What needs to be done is that the coding of, say, the sprite, needs to be tested and repaired, so that it doesn't have such bad judgment anymore.

yeah i noticed that the sprites heal people with full health
paul fireward,master pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
i totally agree. today i was battling and this minion kept healing me when i had full health. meanwhile the other person was one hundred points from being defeated. it kept healing me and my partner was defeated :(

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
hpit2 wrote:
i totally agree. today i was battling and this minion kept healing me when i had full health. meanwhile the other person was one hundred points from being defeated. it kept healing me and my partner was defeated :(

I've noticed this as well. I'm not sure what the fix is, but it is a problem when the minion keeps healing itself or another full health player while others are completly wiped out. Even if it just did an even rotaion it would be better. I don't need to control it, it just needs better judgement. IMO

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Maybe what is needed is smarter minions. A better AI to them would balance this problem out, without giving the control to the player. I would think extra checks in code prior to a heal spell for instance it would pick the lowest healthy person to cast it, and maybe use the lower attacks on already hurt NPC's and the higher attacks on Stronger NPC's just these simple checks in code would go a long way to making them seem smarter and fix alot of this!

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Why would we need this?
Then, there would be no point in the game,you have to DEFEAT them not tell them what to do.Then you would be passing the quests way to quickly without any fun on which spell to use.

------Savannah RubyShield

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Explorer
Feb 01, 2009
RoloX2 wrote:
Fawne wrote:
It's not a bad suggestion, but it would be rather over-powered if we could take controll of our minions.

It would throw minions out of balance.

If you cast a minion instead of that powerful spell, you 'asked for it'.

well i guess you could take the cards out of your deck to have your minion summon. does that make it more fair? because you would run out of cards to use way faster.
paul fireward grandmaster pyromancer