Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jumpy after time

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2009
I have noticed that when playing for a long time the games slowly gets more and more jumpy.If there is anything the staff can do about this is would be much appreciated! :D

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Blazark wrote:
I have noticed that when playing for a long time the games slowly gets more and more jumpy.If there is anything the staff can do about this is would be much appreciated! :D

This would be associated with lag as well as your computer performance. With over 2 million users, the servers can get bogged down with users and make things "jumpy". Also, the longer you stay logged in the more your computer has to work. You can usually logout/in and this work correct any lag on your side.

Survivor
May 13, 2009
Blazark wrote:

That's what happened to me too. Hmmmmmm :?......probably somehting wrong with the graphics or something like that!

(Madison RedWhisper Lv.22)

Defender
May 28, 2009
I am having the same issues on one particular machine. It has a half a gig of RAM so I don't think its my machines fault. From a programmer perspective it appears to be a leak. With each new area that I go to the memory usage slowly climbs (especially for Marleybone). Over time this accumulates and eventually my machine cannot keep up. It looks like someone needs to look into what items are being kept in memory when the user / machine might not need them there anymore. Considering the fact that my machine preforms much faster and smoother when first entering the game, it doesn't seem necessary to keep a bunch of stuff hanging around in memory "just in case" the user accesses that thing / place / item again. It seems it would be better just to load it over again from scratch and throw it away Completely each time. That's My Opinion.

Defender
May 15, 2009
It sounds like you have a memory leak (sloppy software draining resources).

Update your drivers.

Don't have other software running in the background. (The leak may not have anything to do with W101 or your drivers, but with something else running.)

Do you leave your computer running all the time or do you only power it on when you use it?