Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Patch Notes for December 19, 2022

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 05, 2022
During the upcoming maintenance period on December 19, 2022, we will be updating Wizard101 with several fixes and tweaks since the Update went live.

Thank you community for reporting many of these issues!

Highlights
  • Continued spell audit

• Added a temporary Tome near Diego for an introduction to Mastery Pips

• Added Battle Pass for December Season start

• Winter Scroll of Fortune rewards corrected

• Monstrology has come to Novus

Combat
  • Lord of Winter spell should no longer crash multiple users’ games

• Updated Aeon of Atavus fight by adjusting mob decks, polymorph health, and the condition for the first unpolymorph

• Maxine should now properly cast her Aura on turn one

• Dasein Duelists boss fight should now initiate all extra enemies

• Fixed issue where players couldn’t click on certain areas of the screen during combat

• Rententen should now properly notice damage over time spells

• Boss’ late cheats should now cast properly

• Deer Knight spellements should now reset as expected

• Rare case of players in combat not generating Archmastery points resolved

• Fixed an issue with shadow enhanced spells casted in the Captain Argento fight

• Multiple Willcasts were sometimes initiated in combat

• Fixed an issue where players could not generate school pips in certain encounters in the Radiant Alcazar

• Shadow enhanced spells have been made Classic only

UI & Animations
  • Updated recipes with ingredients that take multiple possible reagents to show as generic in the recipe

• Fixed camera issue after using play as pet feature

• Added doodles to the Stone of Heaven Doodle Map

• Several other UI and animation tweaks

• More stability and performance tweaks

For Spell Changes click here to go to the Novus Discussion and check out your school specific changes!

Explorer
Apr 15, 2017
Monstrology has not come to Novus it seems.

Banana spiders as insect AND spider both says wrong monster type. Demon Monkey as undead is wrong monster type.

These two should certainly work

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Yes, Novus Monstrology! Time to get my Animus hunt on.

Explorer
Jan 11, 2013
It appears instance quests no longer give any rewards, including gold and xp. Was this intentional?

Survivor
Jul 07, 2020
Please make other bosses drop the loot other than the Atavus Bosses.
This fight is soooo annoying when you're farming, it takes forever to end...
I hate passing 20x to start fighting (without wasting time trying)

Survivor
May 04, 2009
I think the change to Hungry Caterpillar might be a larger nerf than intended. It takes away Life's only decent shielding option in late game at a time when criticals aren't dependable, but damage can quickly outpace healing. This will put Life wizards at a huge disadvantage in Khrysalis in a place where they're already going to have a hard time soloing.

Spirit Shield just isn't worth casting in later game at the cost of 3 (usually 2 power pips) pips and Life mages have to spend so much time healing that it's not worth adding shields to your deck space. Life already has so much healing that a shielding alternative surprisingly made up for a lot of weaknesses in an areas where opponents stack a lot of traps or healing is simply being used against you. It was the only counter-play around heal cutters that gets abused HEAVILY.

The increased turns for the heals may help balance some of these problems, but I believe adding an late game version of spirit armor (independent of any healing) may cover this need and you will find that infection will still be frequently used. It may just make the main quest more tolerable in areas where it's use is overwhelming.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
KKingler on Dec 19, 2022 wrote:
Monstrology has not come to Novus it seems.

Banana spiders as insect AND spider both says wrong monster type. Demon Monkey as undead is wrong monster type.

These two should certainly work
I just observed this myself. Novus Monstrology has NOT been implemented.

Please fix this.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
leodivinci on Dec 20, 2022 wrote:
I think the change to Hungry Caterpillar might be a larger nerf than intended. It takes away Life's only decent shielding option in late game at a time when criticals aren't dependable, but damage can quickly outpace healing. This will put Life wizards at a huge disadvantage in Khrysalis in a place where they're already going to have a hard time soloing.

Spirit Shield just isn't worth casting in later game at the cost of 3 (usually 2 power pips) pips and Life mages have to spend so much time healing that it's not worth adding shields to your deck space. Life already has so much healing that a shielding alternative surprisingly made up for a lot of weaknesses in an areas where opponents stack a lot of traps or healing is simply being used against you. It was the only counter-play around heal cutters that gets abused HEAVILY.

The increased turns for the heals may help balance some of these problems, but I believe adding an late game version of spirit armor (independent of any healing) may cover this need and you will find that infection will still be frequently used. It may just make the main quest more tolerable in areas where it's use is overwhelming.
The reason Caterpillar lost the absorb is because absorbs shouldn't really be an Life utility, it should be ice's tool. They mitigate damage via wards and that utility belongs on ice's side of the playing field. Absorbs have never really been a good Life utility even if they were originally a core Life identity.

You make an excellent point with spirit armor, it is not worth it and rarely ever has been. The problem with caterpillar is that the absorb post july 2020 audit was basically awarded for free. It paid the tempo cost for doing a second effect, but the 800 value was credited as a 0 pip effect, meaning it was overpowered. As I said earlier, absorbs aren't really that good and this is because they remove a flat value of damage before your own resist or flat damage or even sometimes shields are applied.

On the other hand giving caterpillar a hot is a much better utility because of its ability to scale with stats. A life wizard only needs 45% outgoing to get the same amount of health the absorb originally provided. Then there's also incoming and critical that can scale that value up. So overall, it really is a buff. Continuing the comparison between heals and absorbs I'd also point out that giving life the actual health value behind their resist and defenses means that a heal or hot will 'last' or tank more damage in the long run.

TLDR: Health bar is better at absorbing damage than actual absorbs so the HoT is really a buff.

Explorer
Jan 11, 2013
AlextheWizard53 on Dec 19, 2022 wrote:
It appears instance quests no longer give any rewards, including gold and xp. Was this intentional?
Nevermind, it's just a visual glitch

Survivor
Jul 07, 2020
lukedhunter on Dec 19, 2022 wrote:
Please make other bosses drop the loot other than the Atavus Bosses.
This fight is soooo annoying when you're farming, it takes forever to end...
I hate passing 20x to start fighting (without wasting time trying)
Nevermind, there are ways to unpolymorph earlier and those are fine by me

Survivor
Jun 27, 2019
I'm glad that they brought the block animation back I like knowing if I blocked a critical or not

Survivor
Jan 01, 2023
Hi! Is there any info if they going to change dragoon amulet spells to hit all enemies at once, like the fire dragoon charm?