Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gaze of Fate enchantment issue

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2011
I am curious if any other balance school players are having the same issue as I am?

Every time I enchant the Gaze of Fate spell with Colossal, the appropriate spell bonus doesn't apply. It only applies a small amount of spell bonus.

"Deals 325 Balance Damage and 345 Damage of a random primary School" with colossal enchantment, should be 600 damage and 620 random damage, but when I enchant the spell is 462 damage and 482 random damage.

Is anyone else having the same issue? KI WHAT DO I DO?

Survivor
Aug 19, 2011
Damage enchantments are applied to the total damage of the spell. This means that in the case of gaze of fate, the enchant is split evenly between the two damage instances. For overtimes, the damage enchant is split evenly between the initial hit and the overtime. For damage enchantments that are not even when split the value is rounded down, e.g colossal adds 275, but when split in two, adds 137 to each damage instance.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
The enchant is working as intended my friend! Colossal adds +275 damage TOTAL to your spell. Since Gaze of Fate does two instances of damage, it splits up the 275 so that it adds half and half to both hits. You are still getting a bonus of 275 damage, its just being applied half and half between both parts of the hit. If we went by your logic, the Gaze of Fate spell would be given +550 total damage, which is really OP and not how Colossal is intended to work.

Hope that helps :)

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Barceenas on Oct 25, 2022 wrote:
I am curious if any other balance school players are having the same issue as I am?

Every time I enchant the Gaze of Fate spell with Colossal, the appropriate spell bonus doesn't apply. It only applies a small amount of spell bonus.

"Deals 325 Balance Damage and 345 Damage of a random primary School" with colossal enchantment, should be 600 damage and 620 random damage, but when I enchant the spell is 462 damage and 482 random damage.

It does +300 damage total not to each hit. That would be insanely overpowered. This is the same for all spells with multiple hits (Fire's Dots, Myth Minotaur, Hydra etc.).

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
It's intentional. The enchantment is meant to be split among the two sources of damage. For Gaze of Fate, each hit gets half of the boost given by Colossal, 137.5 (rounded down). It works similarly with other spells like Minotaur and Fire Elf.

If you want Colossal to apply multiple times, you can enchant an AoE with it and it applies the damage boost to each enemy.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
This is intended behavior. Damage from spells that hit multiple times are split between the hits. A Colossal enchant gives 275 damage. If you add a fraction of the damage to both hits as you'll see below, it adds up.

First hit: 325 + 137 = 462
Second hit: 345 + 137 = 482

Colossal split: 275/2 = 137.5 (KI doesn't round up in this case so both of the damages only add 137)

To answer your question though:
Everyone is having the same "issue" though it isn't an issue. What you can do is take a breath of relief knowing that this wasn't a bug with the game after all. I hope this helps, cheers!

Explorer
Oct 30, 2020
Barceenas on Oct 25, 2022 wrote:

IF am not mistaking enchants splits damage on both hits colossal being 275 becomes 137.5 assuming its not rounded to whole so it becomes 137 on both end.

137+325=462 and 137+ 345= 482 so the calculation is correct as you stated. Since gaze of fate counts as 2 hits in one spell the enchant is split on the damage. Hope this clears it up.

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
The 275 extra damage is split between both hits:

275/2 = 137.5 (cut off decimal = 137)

325 + 137 = 462
345 + 137 = 482

Explorer
May 14, 2011
It splits the enchant. This happens with all multi damage spells. That would be +550 if it did it your way.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2011
Thank you all! Sorry I'm so new at this. It really makes sense now!